1.    #1  
    Hey, just bought my wife a Pre for Christmas and her call quality is horrible. She has no problem hearing her calls but her phone sounds very muffled on the other end. I have had my Pre since June 6th and have absolutely loved it. I have never had any complaints about anyone being able to understand me, however I have always used a bluetooth headset and rarely make calls without it.(can't get the wife to use a headset for anything.) Just wondering if anyone else has similar issues or did she just get a bad phone.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I've never had a problem with my Pre, actually it's the clearest phone I've ever used. Especially when compared to other mobile phones.

How's her reception? Bad cell coverage could easily account for this problem. She can call up sprint and possibly convince them to send a free Airrave which is like a home cell tower.

Otherwise I would believe it to be a bad phone. (And I'm totally with her on the headsets, bluetooth or otherwise, they still make you look and act mentally handicapped)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I've never had a problem with my Pre, actually it's the clearest phone I've ever used. Especially when compared to other mobile phones.

How's her reception? Bad cell coverage could easily account for this problem. She can call up sprint and possibly convince them to send a free Airrave which is like a home cell tower.

Otherwise I would believe it to be a bad phone. (And I'm totally with her on the headsets, bluetooth or otherwise, they still make you look and act mentally handicapped)
    Same here, the Pre has BY FAR the best quality/reception as any phone I have ever used. Granted I switched away from Verizon after 5 years (which has HORRIBLE coverage, depiste what their maps say). Verizon covers the entire map with service, but it's BAD service. Dropping signals in places where it should be strong, no matter what phone I used. The Pre with Sprint has been just the opposite. I work in a 120 year old brick building in the basement in a small hole in the wall town. If you have any carrier but Sprint, you have to go up the stairs and outside to get a signal at all. With my Pre I have been able to talk on the phone and even browse the web at my desk without any problem. The iphone ******* here are utterly amazed.

Meanwhile there are 3 other people down here with Sprint, all of whom can use the phone at their desk without going outside. Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile drop signal completely as soon as you enter the building.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not a reception problem. It's just that her voice is very muffled at time on the other end of the conversation.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    It could be a hardware (microphone) problem. Why not take it back to Sprint and ask for a replacement?
    I don't have a problem with overall quality on my Pre, but if I've found that if I hold the phone up to my face, using my shoulder (I do this on the left side of my face), I end up obstructing the mic and sounding muffled. If your wife is doing this, this is why she sounds muffled...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    What about when she's not on the phone? Is her voice muffled then? Hehe.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    If she is pinching the phone between her chin/cheek and her shoulder to talk while doing other tasks with her hands it will be muffled. I have had three pres and all outgoing voice transmissions were garbled when operated in this manner.