Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. gump666's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    so after the update yesterday, i can no longer access the web while on a call. i have seen another thread on here and people are saying that you can't do that on sprint. i have been able to do this since i have owned the phone. i called sprint and they informed me that palm disabled it????? ***???
  2. #2  
    I noticed the same thing last night. I'm looking forward to the solution.
  3. #3  
    Should have never been possible. Sure you weren't using your iPhone?
  4. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gump666 View Post
    so after the update yesterday, i can no longer access the web while on a call. i have seen another thread on here and people are saying that you can't do that on sprint. i have been able to do this since i have owned the phone. i called sprint and they informed me that palm disabled it????? ***???
    Sprint Lyed To You There Is No Such Service That is What The GSM Is All About
    Hi Everybody!!!
  5. #5  
    I think you are mistaken.

    It's only possible if you're on WiFi while on a call. It's always been this way, it's a limitation of CDMA technology.
  6. gump666's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #6  
    im on the phone with palm right now, lets see what they say...
  7. #7  
    I dont recall trying that before but if they can enable that (again?) then they would be one up on Verizon, according to the latest Verizon/AT&T commercial.
  8. gump666's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #8  
    i am sorry, but i never use the wifi. i was on speaker phone Monday night and was playing arond on ebay at the same time. then i got another call and was asked to find a hotel for a friend that was out of town. i had no problems with it.. i found her a hotel while i was on the phone with her....
  9. #9  
    if you enable your wifi you can talk ob the phone and surf the web. I thought my phone was broke the first time I tried both in public and then researched on the matter in this forum.
  10. #10  
    The implementation of CDMA used by Sprint does not support the simultaneous use of voice and data. You must have had Wi-Fi enabled.
  11. #11  
    I'm still on 1.3.1 and I just tested this with WiFi off. It does not do phone and web browsing at the same time. Confirmed. Sorry.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The implementation of CDMA used by Sprint does not support the simultaneous use of voice and data. You must have had Wi-Fi enabled.
    As I understand, Qualcomm (who makes all CDMA radio chips and owns the technology) does not incorporate that feature into the CDMA chipsets...but technically it is possible with CDMA....it's Qualcomm, not Sprint or Verizon.
  13. #13  
    Didn't I read something a while back about being able to do this if the phone connected 1x and the data connected EVDO. Or maybe it was the other way around. (Or maybe I was just dreaming).
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    As I understand, Qualcomm (who makes all CDMA radio chips and owns the technology) does not incorporate that feature into the CDMA chipsets...but technically it is possible with CDMA....it's Qualcomm, not Sprint or Verizon.
    I believe SVDO can do it, not the current rev of EVDO we are all using.
    Live free or DIE!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Didn't I read something a while back about being able to do this if the phone connected 1x and the data connected EVDO. Or maybe it was the other way around. (Or maybe I was just dreaming).
    You KNOW it's getting bad when you start dreaming about EVDO.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gump666 View Post
    so after the update yesterday, i can no longer access the web while on a call. i have seen another thread on here and people are saying that you can't do that on sprint. i have been able to do this since i have owned the phone. i called sprint and they informed me that palm disabled it????? ***???
    You are mistaken. The Pre, and quite possibly the entire Sprint line, does not support network data, while on a call. If you are connected to wifi, you would be able to access wifi data while on a call, but not with "Sprint data".
  17. #17  
    Turn on your wifi and connect to you AP and then try to do voice and data. Sprint like any other CDMA network DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO VOICE/DATA AT THE SAME TIME ON THEIR BANDS!!!! Stop being delusional. If you wants this ability, go to ATT just good luck getting consistent 3G speeds. This is why carriers are mandating the wifi on smartphones.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Turn on your wifi and connect to you AP and then try to do voice and data. Sprint like any other CDMA network DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO VOICE/DATA AT THE SAME TIME ON THEIR BANDS!!!! Stop being delusional. If you wants this ability, go to ATT just good luck getting consistent 3G speeds. This is why carriers are mandating the wifi on smartphones.
    SOMEBODY woke up a little grouchy today, huh?
  19. #19  
    Ok im glad somebody posted this, because i swear before webos 1.3.1 i used to be able to surf and talk at the same time. Ive never hooked up my wifi but i was able to not only surf. i was able to use tethering and get a call at the same time. I know this for a fact. Not sure how it was able to do so, but i had this working before. Please dont shoot down the original post.. if somebody has the original os release on sprint please confirm/test this.
  20. #20  
    Anything is possible. I believe reading else where the technology is there but the carrier has choosen not to enable it.

    With a number of different bugs/glitches this phone has/had... it is quite possible that a few had the symptom of being able to surf and talk on the phone.

    I guess 1.3.5 took care of that glitch.

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Ok im glad somebody posted this, because i swear before webos 1.3.1 i used to be able to surf and talk at the same time. Ive never hooked up my wifi but i was able to not only surf. i was able to use tethering and get a call at the same time. I know this for a fact. Not sure how it was able to do so, but i had this working before. Please dont shoot down the original post.. if somebody has the original os release on sprint please confirm/test this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions