1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been addressed...there is so much noise on this forum due to update there is no way I could find this convo anyhoo.

When I delete OLD text conversations, and start a new convo with a person, some of the old message came back from deleted convo.
    takes about 5-10 min to delete the old onw, depending on size of course.

it will be deleted, check 5-10 min later
    Either y'all were doing something wrong before or I was doing something wrong becaue my conversations have always gone away permanently when I swiped the whole conversation and deleted.
  4. jr
    i downloaded new update and completely lost all sms..cant send text messages now...i am beginning to really hate the pre!
    messaging issue is FIXED in 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    messaging issue is FIXED in 1.3.5
    There never was a messaging issue with un-patched, un-themed webOS devices. If 1.3.5 fixed your issue be sure to not re-install the patches you had before the update.

Beware of poorly written patches. They are everywhere.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have never patched and have never had this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    There never was a messaging issue with un-patched, un-themed webOS devices. If 1.3.5 fixed your issue be sure to not re-install the patches you had before the update.

If the problem was only with patched devices, why (and how) did Palm fix the problem? I thought they specifically said they would not support homebrew in any fashion.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    If the problem was only with patched devices, why (and how) did Palm fix the problem? I thought they specifically said they would not support homebrew in any fashion.
    EXACTLY what I was about to say

Palm looking out for homebrew support? yeh ok
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Also, if there was never an issue, why in the 1.3.5 change log do they say they FIXED the messaging issue?
    Yes, there was an issue... but the issue was due to users discovering an un-documented feature that wasn't ready for prime. Deletion of a text message was only supposed to be done with a swipe and a touch of the delete button. But people discovered that multiple swipes can delete multiple texts without the need for hitting the delete button... but it didn't always work perfectly... some convos were only hidden, and would refuse to re-appear. Among a slew of other text messaging bugs and missing features, this update has fixed pretty much everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Zanetti View Post
    Yes, there was an issue... but the issue was due to users discovering an un-documented feature that wasn't ready for prime. Deletion of a text message was only supposed to be done with a swipe and a touch of the delete button. But people discovered that multiple swipes can delete multiple texts without the need for hitting the delete button... but it didn't always work perfectly... some convos were only hidden, and would refuse to re-appear. Among a slew of other text messaging bugs and missing features, this update has fixed pretty much everything.
    That is NOT what caused the bug at all. It was caused by deleting an entire conversation with one swipe + confirm in the conversation list, which is hardly an "undocumented" feature.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    EXACTLY what I was about to say

Palm looking out for homebrew support? yeh ok
    How does Palm not look out for the Homebrew and Patch community? They send the latest firmware to WebOs-Internals Group. Wouldnt that seem like atleast a bit of support?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    How does Palm not look out for the Homebrew and Patch community? They send the latest firmware to WebOs-Internals Group. Wouldnt that seem like atleast a bit of support?
    They hook up certain developers with early access, yes, but they have not, would not, and will not spend any of their own programmers' time fixing homebrew problems.