Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't think it was possible to have poorer battery life but.....I installed the newest update{1.3.5}, rebooted and put my settings back to optimize my battery life. Now without using the phone I get around 5-6 hours on a full charge. Any suggestions?
    yeah first try openeing device info app and swip top menu and preferences and do the quick and interactive tests just to check out phone . Then when the new updated version of repair utility comes out run it on your phone . It sounds like you just have some kind of power or memory leak of some sort that's causing your battery to drain. Then again if this persists after repair utility I would go have the battery replaced. They should replace it with no hassle at all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Great, ill check that out now. The phone is only 6 weeks old so I hope it isnt an issue already.
    Look through the other threads, try updating your network preferences and PRL.
    Ive been on it for more than 45 mins and is still 100%. Awesome. Doing preware and texting and still going strong, normally it would be @ 70% by now,
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Mine has been better, much. Seems like I get a few extra hours even.
  7.    #7  
    Doing the network/prl updates now. Hopefully that will be a step in the right direction.
    I am on day 2 w.o a charge and still
    have 33% left, sounds like you either have something running like aim, background app, card open, brightness all the up, screen not off in 30 sec etc or you have a bad battery...
    Mine seems to stay in the range between 90% and 100% longer now, but starts droopping like it used to when it gets below 90.
    At least it's better than before, even though the update said it was fixing battery life in fringe reception areas.
    I almost always have EVDO, so I won't complain this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I am on day 2 w.o a charge and still
    have 33% left, sounds like you either have something running like aim, background app, card open, brightness all the up, screen not off in 30 sec etc or you have a bad battery...
    I agree my battery would run down quick I checked and had I was signed into Aim the whole time now that I sign out when im not using it much better battery life plus with the touchstone I just bought even better
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Mine seems to stay in the range between 90% and 100% longer now, but starts droopping like it used to when it gets below 90.
    At least it's better than before, even though the update said it was fixing battery life in fringe reception areas.
    I almost always have EVDO, so I won't complain this time.
    My battery would drop when I was at work because I work in a factory and reception sucks my phone goes into roam at work but now after the update I wont know about that until we go back after the beginning of the year but other wise even at home where I get very very good reception there is a noticeable difference, I am happy with it
    Mine is seemingly better since the update too. Especially here in the office where signal is very bad (which the update addresses specifically). Of course I've only had the update for a day or so, it'll take some more time before I can make a definitive judgment.
  13.    #13  
    I just did a battery monitor-17.98% loss per hour. This is set up with everything optimized for longer battery life. There are no cards running in the background, I dont have instant messaging, no calls,texts etc. Im thinking at this point the battery is a lemon. The most battery life I had since day one was 8 hours and that was with almost no use at all.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    njhere, have you done a PRL update yet? If not you should do one immediately. Phone -> preferences -> Update PRL. It may be worthwhile to use the update (phone) network option first and then do the PRL update. The PRL update will reset the radio, but I would do a complete reboot afterward.
    This update as well as 1.3.1 changed the PRL for a number of users, which can lead to any number of issues. hth
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njhere View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to have poorer battery life but.....I installed the newest update{1.3.5}, rebooted and put my settings back to optimize my battery life. Now without using the phone I get around 5-6 hours on a full charge. Any suggestions?
    Same problems here. Never had an issue with battery life before, but after 1.3.5, it drains like a mother. Am running all the tests now. Have rebooted a couple of times.

I have outstanding EVDO coverage...and just to see if there was a kink there, I turned on the Wi-Fi (it's in my house...about 3 feet from me). Drops battery like a rock. Went from 100% to 73% with NO use (phone, email, net) in less than an hour!

bj
    vnmous1, did you update your network configuration and PRL?
    My Wife forgot to charge her Pre last night. Normally, this means a dead or nearly dead Pre by morning, after a full day of use the previous day. We live in the edge of Sprint coverage. The 1.3.5 update really helped here. The Pre was 45% this morning, not 20% or lower we expected. (She had not setup the our WiFi on it yet.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    vnmous1, did you update youjr network configuration and PRL?

Yep. Actually, the PRL wouldn't update. the code is 1012. says to contact sprint cust svc if prob remains. I live about 50 feet from a Sprint store. I have the world's greatest signal coverage

bj

UPDATE:

AFTER THREE RESETS IT FINALLY "TOOK" THE PRL. (Sorry about the caps, but I wanted to make sure it stood out as an update)
    Last edited by vnmous1; 12/30/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    No question about it. Battery life is noticeably better, at least for me. At work my phone would go in/out of roaming and it would kill the battery by the end of the day. Typically, I'd have to charge the phone driving home. Yesterday I made it home with around 50% of the battery remaining. Definitely happy with what they did.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    battery life is dead already in kyoto it's 1:39AM
    Hi Everybody!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast