Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    So,
    I've added some patches since I've had my pre. I've always restored everything using the EPR on the phone. I updated to 1.3.5, and it gave me the palm.com/ROM error. So I restore the phone, and it said it couldn't restore my phone.
    I've have been having issues with my phone where the headset/jack mode was stuck, and I did the update to see if it would fix it.

Now after the WebOS doctor, it won't start up. It says "Your Phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Please contact Palm Support."

So.. My phone is bricked..
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    My DVD drive bricked itself today... Magic smoke and all. I feel your pain. :|
    hardware failure?
    Have you tried WebOS Doctoring it again using the remove the battery, hold volume up method?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Yes. I believe it might be a hardware AND a software issue here.
    were you using any cpu scaling patches?
    I've raised the white flag here at my place. I shouldn't have to HOPE that I'll find good information every time I pick up the device. Tonight my clock is ahead 3 hours. I must admit that 3 hours is better than the recent time and date that I got (March 2017). By the way, New Years Eve has been moved to December 30 (only on my Pre), and New Years Day is now December 31. I give up.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Yes, the 550Mhz Flex
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSpre View Post
    I've raised the white flag here at my place. I shouldn't have to HOPE that I'll find good information every time I pick up the device. Tonight my clock is ahead 3 hours. I must admit that 3 hours is better than the recent time and date that I got (March 2017). By the way, New Years Eve has been moved to December 30 (only on my Pre), and New Years Day is now December 31. I give up.
    relevance?
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Yes, the 550Mhz Flex
    well perhaps you had one of the bad batch of processors with the shortened life and the scaling brought it to an early grave
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    God Rest its soul. My 2nd Pre. It'll be my third now.
    going for pre # 4 tomorrow i feel your pain
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I finally got it back into the novacom recovery, trying 1.2.1 OS doctor. I have a feeling its a bad processor though. Before the update, I was having issue with it receiving texts and it freezing/getting hot. Plus I see it has some dead pixels on the screen. Never seen them before.. Sprint better replace my phone with a brand new one (*snorts*). Manager, here I come.
    tell them it has been getting hotter than usual lately so far they have replaced all of my pres no questions asked after i told them that
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Nope, It still won't restore, even with 1.2.1.
    Had the exact same problem as OP. Took the phone into Sprint and they said I had completed jacked up the phone radio and changed the ENS # or something like that. They gave me a brand new phone.

I'm not sure running EPR alone guarantees success anymore. The tech guy at Sprint said he recommends doing a Full Erase at update time if you've done any Preware patching. I don't know. Good luck.
    I DR my phones before all software upgrades to ensure the patches are gone... No issues yet with any upgrade.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    With all respect and sympathy for your issue, I don't think that's what unbrickable means. People should know that it's still impossible (as far as we know) to brick your phone by modifying software and applying patches. Hardware failure is inevitable at some point and of course you can brick any phone by dropping it in water, overclocking the CPU, etc. So I don't think people should worry about it. Just be careful with CPU scaling.

I hope you paid for the Sprint TEP coverage...
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I got this error after 1.3.5(First the www.palm.com/Rom error, then once doctoring the blue lock screen with the loading circle which finally displays that it was busted), and after a few tries of Doctoring I was able to get it working. Yes it was a pain. What I did was I ended up restarting my computer and redownloading WebOS Doctor. Could be the copy downloaded was somehow corrupt, or your connection from Pre to computer was no good. It's definitely worth trying and it worked out for me. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    Had the exact same problem as OP. Took the phone into Sprint and they said I had completed jacked up the phone radio and changed the ENS # or something like that. They gave me a brand new phone.

I'm not sure running EPR alone guarantees success anymore. The tech guy at Sprint said he recommends doing a Full Erase at update time if you've done any Preware patching. I don't know. Good luck.
    I agree with you. I just got my pre 2 days ago, installed all the patches i needed and then webOS update showed up on my screen. I EPR my phone, ran the update successfully but when I tried to re-install any of the patches, non of them would install, so EPR might not be the best option now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast