Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday I made a post about not being able to install any patches. I figured out why, very simple. Im posting this to maybe help anyone else out there.

Like most others I uninstalled my themes and ran emergency patch recovery before the 1.3.5 update. After which I was unable to install any patches. An error happens and I have no idea why. There are two ways to tell if this is affecting you.

1. You cant install a patch, but you know you ran emergency patch recovery
    2. When you start Preware you get tons of "Fix Unknown".

The solution is simple. Open WebOS Quick Install, run Device Manager and under applications you'll probably see previously installed patches. Why they ended up there again I have no idea. I just cleaned the patches out of the applications list and was able to install them again. After which they end up in the applications list again and not the patches, but at least it works.

If this solution was already posted, my apologize.
    I'm havin that problem I can install some patches but some not n that's through quick install, but fr preware I can't install any patches at all
  3.    #3  
    yea, I suggest you run emergency patch recovery and clean out any patches in the applications list in the device manager. Then start reinstalling patches.
    start reinstalling patches through preware?
  5.    #5  
    yep
    aight, thanx man
    they are still winding up in applications even after epr but they seem to be working
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Yesterday I made a post about not being able to install any patches. I figured out why, very simple. Im posting this to maybe help anyone else out there.

Like most others I uninstalled my themes and ran emergency patch recovery before the 1.3.5 update. After which I was unable to install any patches. An error happens and I have no idea why. There are two ways to tell if this is affecting you.

The solution is simple. Open WebOS Quick Install, run Device Manager and under applications you'll probably see previously installed patches. Why they ended up there again I have no idea. I just cleaned the patches out of the applications list and was able to install them again. After which they end up in the applications list again and not the patches, but at least it works.

If this solution is already posted, I haven't been able to find it. Thanks, H3artl3ss. This fixed my problem.

After the update, I had installed 2 patches that were not working correctly. I was unable to uninstall them in Preware and they were not showing up in the Quick Install check blocks. I found them in the Device Management section under "Applications" and uninstalled them.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Keep getting an error message when trying to install the "Enable Landscape Email" patch...Worked fine before 1.3.5 and all other patches have installed correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I cant install enable landscape email either. It may not be 1.3.5 compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post

Thanks but my problem is worse! Yes If I open WebOS QI and open Device manager the culprit patches all show under applications. That is the problem.

BUT.... if I click teh check box for one of those patches and click uninstall a window pops up with a very long error message which is:

ERROR: An error occurred while trying to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar/add-date-to-top-bar.patch: No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar/add-date-to-top-bar.patch: No such file

WHAT IS THAT????? (You can simpley swap out nakes of different oatches giving me problem, rest of error is always the same).

Am I the only one having this problem? Please please please cna anyone help me fix this?
    BTW as far as the "unknown" packages bit on Preware, that apparantly is referring to the patches and apps that were added from places other than preware such as WebOS QI. So, for me, since i reinstalled all of my patches from QI, I have a LOT of "unknown" packages. The puropose of the "unknown" routine, however, i read somewhere, is so Preware can recogzine and delete patches and apps that were intalled by programs other than Preware.
    I tried it, ran epr n even removed pack manager serv n preware, re-installed n I still can't install any patches fr preware it keeps on saying (ERROR IPKG-LOG) I can only install patches fr WOSQI n some of them I can't install, getting frustrated >:-o
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    BTW as far as the "unknown" packages bit on Preware, that apparantly is referring to the patches and apps that were added from places other than preware such as WebOS QI. So, for me, since i reinstalled all of my patches from QI, I have a LOT of "unknown" packages. The puropose of the "unknown" routine, however, i read somewhere, is so Preware can recogzine and delete patches and apps that were intalled by programs other than Preware.
    "Unknown" usually means the package cannot be found in any of the enabled feeds. This happens in situations such as drag-and-drop QI patch installations. But if a patch was installed through QI from webos-patches feed, it won't show up as "unknown" in Preware unless the webos-patches feed in Preware is disabled.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Thanks but my problem is worse! Yes If I open WebOS QI and open Device manager the culprit patches all show under applications. That is the problem.

BUT.... if I click teh check box for one of those patches and click uninstall a window pops up with a very long error message which is:

ERROR: An error occurred while trying to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar/add-date-to-top-bar.patch: No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar/add-date-to-top-bar.patch: No such file

WHAT IS THAT????? (You can simpley swap out nakes of different oatches giving me problem, rest of error is always the same).

Am I the only one having this problem? Please please please cna anyone help me fix this?
    I also got the error, but it still removed the patches for me.
    I get a Fixing Unknown Packages but I don't have this many installed..

Any idea?

What I've done: I installed a Theme, and it error'd on me twice, but still installed. There was no way to delete it in any methods I tried. So I had to WOSDoctor my phone. Re-installed 1.3.5, Installed Package Updater .97, and Preware. Installed my three patches from WOSQI of, LED notification, Month/Date on top bar, as well as Battery/Percentage meter.

Everything works fine, I just keep getting this screen. Any way to get rid of it, or is it fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    "Unknown" usually means the package cannot be found in any of the enabled feeds. This happens in situations such as drag-and-drop QI patch installations. But if a patch was installed through QI from webos-patches feed, it won't show up as "unknown" in Preware unless the webos-patches feed in Preware is disabled.
    Web OS patches is NOT disabled for me in Preware (I'm getting the feed) and I have 187 "unknown" packages after I reintalled all the patches from QI. That number pretty much would be what the patches and apps I have downloaded from other than Preware. (Most of my apps came via filecoaster and all of the patches were via QI) What I read somewhere on the forums (for what THAT is worth) is that unknown means, regardless of where it comes from, it was not installed by preware on your phone. If that's not correct, then can't figure out where the 187 is coming from.
    Last edited by midmofan; 12/30/2009 at 11:29 AM.
    I'm just running the doctor on my phone. Takes 30 minutes and it feels brand new.

I've done it every update now...no biggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I also got the error, but it still removed the patches for me.
    Brilliant! Wow! I feel so dense. I was so focused on the error message that I did not even realize that despite the error it had uinstalled the patch! I uninstaled all the patches that appeared in the pplication list in device manager. I also uninstalled mvapp which similarly was listed but not working.

Then I reinstalled mvapp.
    I ran mvapp lm
    Then I ran mvapp upd
    then i ran mvapp cleanup

now I think I have all the junk cleaned out. I am beginning to reinstall my patches,

Thanks!
    Since update I can't get email landscape mode or virtual keyboard to work.
    Followed advice and ran WebOS quick install. used Device management and found patches under applications and deleted them.

Went back to Preware and tried downloading them again bur get error that Hunk 1 failed on both patches.

Any other suggestions? All other patches worked fine from Preware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast