Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Web OS patches is NOT disabled for me in Preware (I'm getting the feed) and I have 187 "unknown" packages after I reintalled all the patches from QI. That number pretty much would be what the patches and apps I have downloaded from other than Preware. (Most of my apps came via filecoaster and all of the patches were via QI) What I read somewhere on the forums (for what THAT is worth) is that unknown means, regardless of where it comes from, it was not installed by preware on your phone. If that's not correct, then can't figure out where the 187 is coming from.
    Well what unknown actually means is that it could not find a type in the feed metadata. Since all the packages in the feeds have types, then what it comes down to is the package is not in any available feeds.

And what "fixing" unknown means is that it's checking local metadata like from appinfo.json and ipkg control files to fill in missing data like type, icon, etc...

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I am also getting the error ipkg when trying tp install 494 icon v3
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have installed my patches fine although I only use four or five, I was able to do this after deleting and reinstalling preware and package manager. I have not tried a theme yet since i keep reading people are having problems still.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Yesterday I made a post about not being able to install any patches. I figured out why, very simple. Im posting this to maybe help anyone else out there.

Like most others I uninstalled my themes and ran emergency patch recovery before the 1.3.5 update. After which I was unable to install any patches. An error happens and I have no idea why. There are two ways to tell if this is affecting you.

1. You cant install a patch, but you know you ran emergency patch recovery
    2. When you start Preware you get tons of "Fix Unknown".

The solution is simple. Open WebOS Quick Install, run Device Manager and under applications you'll probably see previously installed patches. Why they ended up there again I have no idea. I just cleaned the patches out of the applications list and was able to install them again. After which they end up in the applications list again and not the patches, but at least it works.

If this solution was already posted, my apologize.
    i have a problem/scenario:

i just had my pre replaced due to a faulty power button, and when i got my replacement before i did anything i upgraded to the 1.3.5 update. after the update i went in and put my pre in dev mode and installed my preware back. but now i can't to any tweaks in quick install or preware, i keep getting an ipkg error message. i can install apps just fine, just no tweaks. any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks ahead for the help/advice
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Every patch that I try to install says Error Installing:See IPKG Log.
    How do I fix this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcrush View Post
    I have installed my patches fine although I only use four or five, I was able to do this after deleting and reinstalling preware and package manager. I have not tried a theme yet since i keep reading people are having problems still.
    Dude, you have no flippin idea about issues.. I installed a theme that gave me two errors (Here's some color 2.0 or whatever) and while it installed and looked good; WOSQI and Preware had no idea the Theme was installed... I installed it on Preware 3 times, never installed on the phone for some reason. Used WOSQI and it installed, but with the two errors. Ended up having to WOSDoctor it to get it to work..

Some people are getting themes to work fine, me on the other hand, had a different experience. Now I'm scared lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xjunkiex View Post
    Every patch that I try to install says Error Installing:See IPKG Log.
    How do I fix this problem?
    Did you delete and reinstall Preware and Package Installer?
    Thanks for the useful tutorial, it really helped me get my Pre working again. Much appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I did reinstall preware and Package Installer. I'm having no problems with installing themes and apps. Error keeps coming up for patches though!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Dude, you have no flippin idea about issues.. I installed a theme that gave me two errors (Here's some color 2.0 or whatever) and while it installed and looked good; WOSQI and Preware had no idea the Theme was installed... I installed it on Preware 3 times, never installed on the phone for some reason. Used WOSQI and it installed, but with the two errors. Ended up having to WOSDoctor it to get it to work..

Some people are getting themes to work fine, me on the other hand, had a different experience. Now I'm scared lol
    I had a similar experience. I installed a theme from WebOs QI and got about 20 error messages. after clicking okay for all of them, the theme showed up on my phone. Seems to be working okay, but WebOs QI doesn't show that I have a theme installed. It just shows that I have the default theme on there. No way to remove it I guess without WOSDoctor?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ok, before I installed this latest update 1.3.5 I removed all my patches and preware. Don't ask me why I removed Preware! Had a hell of a time installing Preware back on my Pre, I had to use Wosdoctor. I installed the latest update. I was able to install a different theme and a few patches. Now its not allowing me to install any patches. What should I try doing at this point?
    Anyone else having this problem? I downloaded 1.3.5 re-installed Preware and everything and was able to install all of my patches I had before, then I restarted my phone to let all the patches apply, and now I realized I missed a patch, so I ran Preware again and now it just sticks on the Preware loading screen that says: Downloading Feed Information with the spinning circle above it, and after about 5 minutes of letting it do this on its own some text comes up below the "Downloading Feed Information" and says that it should take less than a couple minutes even on a slow connection. If it takes longer than that, first check your network connection, then try disabling feeds one at a time until you find which of the feeds are not responding.. Anyone else getting this same message? Anyway to fix this problem? I have let this run on its own for about 10 minutes, and I've tried multiple restarts, but Preware just sticks on this screen with the scrolling circle.. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    I had a similar experience. I installed a theme from WebOs QI and got about 20 error messages. after clicking okay for all of them, the theme showed up on my phone. Seems to be working okay, but WebOs QI doesn't show that I have a theme installed. It just shows that I have the default theme on there. No way to remove it I guess without WOSDoctor?
    Yes sir. It's not detectable by WOSQI, or Preware.. Maybe running EPR? But these aren't patches, so idk.. Unless there's a file management program where you can go in and delete them.

The only thing I saw for me was under patches, there were two from the theme for clear dockbar and a wallpaper I believe?

Anyways, I had to WOSD mine. Now I'm having to work out the bugs for the App Catalog getting stuck on Installing...
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTenThousand View Post
    Anyone else having this problem? I downloaded 1.3.5 re-installed Preware and everything and was able to install all of my patches I had before, then I restarted my phone to let all the patches apply, and now I realized I missed a patch, so I ran Preware again and now it just sticks on the Preware loading screen that says: Downloading Feed Information with the spinning circle above it, and after about 5 minutes of letting it do this on its own some text comes up below the "Downloading Feed Information" and says that it should take less than a couple minutes even on a slow connection. If it takes longer than that, first check your network connection, then try disabling feeds one at a time until you find which of the feeds are not responding.. Anyone else getting this same message? Anyway to fix this problem? I have let this run on its own for about 10 minutes, and I've tried multiple restarts, but Preware just sticks on this screen with the scrolling circle.. :/
    All you can do is retry several times. I had this happen to me a few times, eventually it will download. Don't panic just yet. If not, just delete and reinstall Package Installer and Preware.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Yes sir. It's not detectable by WOSQI, or Preware.. Maybe running EPR? But these aren't patches, so idk.. Unless there's a file management program where you can go in and delete them.

The only thing I saw for me was under patches, there were two from the theme for clear dockbar and a wallpaper I believe?

Anyways, I had to WOSD mine. Now I'm having to work out the bugs for the App Catalog getting stuck on Installing...
    I ran EPR but it didn't do it. So I did a full erase but the theme was still active, so I then did WOSD and now I'm back to square one. Not too bad cause I only had a couple of patches and a few free apps.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTenThousand View Post
    I had that problem too, but I turned on WIFI and it solved the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    I ran EPR but it didn't do it. So I did a full erase but the theme was still active, so I then did WOSD and now I'm back to square one. Not too bad cause I only had a couple of patches and a few free apps.
    Funny because that's exactly what I had to do lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12