Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Hello,

I just wanted to get the opinions of fellow Pre owners on this issue I'm having. So I got my Pre like a week after launch, and had to replace it with another Pre due to a severe Oreo effect. No biggie, got it switched out and the new one had a much less noticeable oreo effect.

After extended use, however, or charging the very bottom of the screen gets a few blotches. Now I've had the phone for a while now and it still annoys me, especially considering I will have this phone for over a year till the contract is up.

I love the Pre, but this is really starting to annoy me. At the time I first noticed it I just figured if I replaced this one I'd have more issues with others so I just decided to live with it, but I was just wondering if this would be something I'd be able to have repaired if I took my phone to a Sprint store or am I just stuck with this since I waited so long.

Thanks for any and all input/suggestions.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Palm has a 1 year warranty, and when I have called support they have always made a point of telling me if I have any problem with the phone they would take care of it during that 1 year warranty period. Can't hurt to call them and ask...
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    Palm has a 1 year warranty, and when I have called support they have always made a point of telling me if I have any problem with the phone they would take care of it during that 1 year warranty period. Can't hurt to call them and ask...
    Is the support number on their site? I'll give it a call tomorrow.
    1 (877) 426-3777
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    1 (877) 426-3777
    I had a question, I bought my phone in like June or July and I'm well out of the 90 day free phone support, what other option would I have for trying to get these screen blotches fixed without paying them $15 just to talk to someone on the phone?

I could take it to Sprint but I am sure they will see the screen blotches and just look at me like I'm ******** for caring. (you can't say r e t a r d e d?)

I can't be the only person with this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I had a question, I bought my phone in like June or July and I'm well out of the 90 day free phone support, what other option would I have for trying to get these screen blotches fixed without paying them $15 just to talk to someone on the phone?

I could take it to Sprint but I am sure they will see the screen blotches and just look at me like I'm ******** for caring. (you can't say r e t a r d e d?)

I can't be the only person with this issue?
    well theres not much i can think that you can do about the blotches... there is a slight liquid film that lines the screen as well as the touch surface and gesture areas of the phone. simply put if it smears (which is difficult to do unless your screen is not fully flush with the touch surface) youll get these blotches.

currently im not experiencing blotches per se' .. however i do see that i will be either experiencing them soon or i will have a cracked screen.