Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i got a new/virgin Pre from sprint before updating to 1.3.5 so it didnt have the LED notification previously done... using Preware and Webos quick install i cant get the LED notification patch to work.

here is the error i got.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    you're not doing something right. I have led notification running just fine with 1.3.5
    works fine for me too.
  4.    #4  
    what is there to do wrong? turn on dev mode, plug in, "tweaks", select LED... no go.

i get an error from preware aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by luc1f3r View Post
    what is there to do wrong? turn on dev mode, plug in, "tweaks", select LED... no go.

i get an error from preware aswell.
    reboot phone and computer reinstall novacom driver with webos quick installer and try again and double check dev mode is on . if this does not work use epr and start off with the led patch first , thats all i can think of right now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have this same error on two Pre's. I have 40 other patches installed with no problem.

- Craig
  7.    #7  
    well, im glad im no longer the only one with this issue.

i clicked the reinstall novacom button in quickinstall (it doesnt seem like it does anything tho) then restarted both mac and pre and tried to do the LED install again. i get the same error.
    Installed LED notifications last night through Preware and it's working fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
    well guys I removed all the patches and did the updste. Have not installed preware again or any patch and my LED notifications work without me doing anything.. I don't know if something stayed from 1.3.1 but hey as long as they work I'm good.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  10.    #10  
    ok, just checked and i DO have the toggle back, i STILL got the error after reinstall and reboot, but it worked

and Ivan. if you had the patch installed on 1.3.1 removing the patch just removed the toggle, not the feature, so if you left it on.. it will always be on; until you reinstall the patch and add the button back.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    well guys I removed all the patches and did the updste. Have not installed preware again or any patch and my LED notifications work without me doing anything.. I don't know if something stayed from 1.3.1 but hey as long as they work I'm good.
    Unless you turned them OFF with the patch still installed on 1.3.1 they dont automatically turn off just because the patch was removed.

All the patch does is give you the option of turning the LED notification on, if you left them on and removed the patch think of it being on for good.
    it works for me.
    what about MYflashlight??
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    what about MYflashlight??
    that works for me too...
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yes u didnt uninstall it before updating. thats what that error means
    its weird that i dont have the patch in my pre but it still blinks when i have a txt or w/e
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Yes u didnt uninstall it before updating. thats what that error means
    its a wonder you can type considering you cant read...
    Mine used to work for both text messages and calendar notifications. Now, only the text message reminders work and the calendar notifications do not.
    Is there any particular reason why they wont make the notification light option a standard feature? It's really frustrating that they just wont activate the code and just let users decide if they want to enable it or not. Dumb dumb dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by uzzadnun View Post
    Is there any particular reason why they wont make the notification light option a standard feature? It's really frustrating that they just wont activate the code and just let users decide if they want to enable it or not. Dumb dumb dumb.
    Tradition? Somebody at Palm really, REALLY dislikes blinky lights? Who knows...

The person that snuck in the almost invisible blinking voicemail LED in the Pro was probably killed for it. That's what I think....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast