Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On a restart my pre will not auto reconect, I have to turn the wifi off then back on and then it works. Is this a known problem?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    WiFi is pretty solid on the Pre. although I wish there was a patch to keep WiFi alive all the time, even while sleeping.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #3  
    mine seems to be active now when waking from sleep mode.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 12/29/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Try 'Forgetting' the network then reboot your phone. Resetup your WiFi on your phone and let us knoe if that helps.

I have to do this on my company's WiFi sometimes.
  5.    #5  
    ok I'll give it a try
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  6.    #6  
    Nope I still have to select it.
    Same here, every time I do a full reboot I have to reselect the AP. It's not a huge hassle but it's annoying.
  8.    #8  
    I love your wallpaper, Mr.Bean rocks. Just curious if you had or have any patches installed?

Yeah its not a big deal I just would like to know others are having this issue so that I'm not chasing a ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    WiFi is pretty solid on the Pre. although I wish there was a patch to keep WiFi alive all the time, even while sleeping.
    Turn off Sprint's data connection to the phone and then connect via wifi...your phone will stay connected even while sleeping now. I do this while I'm at home and at work. Just have to remember to turn Data back on when you leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Turn off Sprint's data connection to the phone and then connect via wifi...your phone will stay connected even while sleeping now. I do this while I'm at home and at work. Just have to remember to turn Data back on when you leave.
    Thats what i do.

I wish it was automatic tho cuz I always forget to turn Data back on. Its the one of few features from Android that I like.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    WiFi stays connected now when sleeping even with Data on.

Was added in 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post

Was added in 1.3.5.
    I can verify this as correct.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Nice!!
    My gps would automatically turn off after a reboot, calendar events kept disappearing and my facebook contact pictures and email weren't syncing right. I tried WebOS doctor and it still didn't fix the problem. But after I did a full reset now everything works fast and smooth. I'd been having problems with my phone for over a month now but now everything works.

maybe a full reset will work?
  15.    #15  
    If you can belive it I just did a full erase(2nd time) and now its connected after a restart, well at least in DevMode
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post

Was added in 1.3.5.
    Holy Crap!!!! I just got wood and knocked over my PC!!!

This is great!!!!!
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I love your wallpaper, Mr.Bean rocks. Just curious if you had or have any patches installed?

Yeah its not a big deal I just would like to know others are having this issue so that I'm not chasing a ghost.
    Thanks The only patch I had installed when I wrote that post was the reduce minimum brightness patch. Otherwise I had something like 27 patches installed pre-update, including the dethrottle wifi patch...I did EPR before update but I wonder if it stuck around anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    If you can belive it I just did a full erase(2nd time) and now its connected after a restart, well at least in DevMode
    Full erase does not repair the OS. It only removes user data. To repair the OS you need to run the WebOS doctor. In the future I recomend being very careful which patches you run.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Thanks The only patch I had installed when I wrote that post was the reduce minimum brightness patch. Otherwise I had something like 27 patches installed pre-update, including the dethrottle wifi patch...I did EPR before update but I wonder if it stuck around anyway?
    Yes, very common problem. Incorrectly written patches are often not fully removed with EPR. Only way to fully remove all is to run WebOS DR. Patches are great if you dont mine running the Dr. periodically.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Yes, very common problem. Incorrectly written patches are often not fully removed with EPR. Only way to fully remove all is to run WebOS DR. Patches are great if you dont mine running the Dr. periodically.
    Coincidentally I am visiting the doctor as I write this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast