Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    ok ever since the last update, my phone will NOT let me assign any speed dial numbers! i go to the contact>set speed dial>pick a speed dial phone number and then all i see is the contact name at the top with the phone number right under it and nothing else. i can not assign a speed dial, does anyone else have this problem, it is very frustrating!!!
  2. #2  
    I am having a similar issue. I had to Doctor my phone after the update, and not everything was as I wanted it anyway, so I wanted to use the opportunity to change who was assigned to the "6" slot on my phone. After a mistake, I deleted the wrong person, and now am completely unable to assign anyone to that slot, following the exact procedure you list in your post. All of my old speed dial contacts carried over. I have no idea what the problem is, but my display is as you describe yours. Does anyone have any clue what to do?
  3. #3  
    Were you able to solve this problem? I am still looking for a solution.
  4. #4  
    Have u tried the dialing apps from the app store? There's about 4 or 5 of them.
  5. #5  
    Hi, Dbd. No, I haven't tried any of them. I liked the default speeddial, and never had a problem with it until this last update. I still have not been able to input anything into "6." Regarding the dialing apps from the app store, do I have to have it launched, like in a card for a regular app to use it or are the more like a patch. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderite666 View Post
    Hi, Dbd. No, I haven't tried any of them. I liked the default speeddial, and never had a problem with it until this last update. I still have not been able to input anything into "6." Regarding the dialing apps from the app store, do I have to have it launched, like in a card for a regular app to use it or are the more like a patch. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!
    Do you have any patches or tweaks that could be interfering? If so, remove all patches and reboot phone. Wait about 20 minutes then retry your speed-dials. After you get speed-dial the way you want, reapply patches.
  7. #7  
    I have seen this issue come up once before but was not able to trace anything down about it. If you would be willing to send us (Palm) a log file from your device it might give us some insight into what is causing this occurrence.

    Please PM me if you are interested in assisting.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    ok sorry to not have replied in quite some time. anyway, i also have not been able to fix this problem. i just read a thread about some guy who now no longer has the ability to forward/copy his SMS texts, which sucks, becuase it seems like no one else is having this issue. and i don't like the dialing apps, just beacuse i want to use my phone app, i think it launches a little quicker, and i also don't think that i should find a work-around when i know that the speed dialing thing is working for everyone else. but @hardbeatz, i am going to PM you right now to try and help, although i don't know how helpful i will be beacuse i'm not that tech savvy
  9. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    ok sorry to not have replied in quite some time. anyway, i also have not been able to fix this problem. i just read a thread about some guy who now no longer has the ability to forward/copy his SMS texts, which sucks, becuase it seems like no one else is having this issue. and i don't like the dialing apps, just beacuse i want to use my phone app, i think it launches a little quicker, and i also don't think that i should find a work-around when i know that the speed dialing thing is working for everyone else. but @hardbeatz, i am going to PM you right now to try and help, although i don't know how helpful i will be beacuse i'm not that tech savvy

    I don't use a dialing app either, they don't make much since to me when the phone will do the same thing. I don't use the phones speed dial either, just because I'll never remember the number or letter that I have assigned to a contact. I have all of my important number's that I use a lot on my launcher page. That's the easiest way I've found to "speed dial".
  10. #10  
    I have the same issue. Ever since the 1.3.5 upgrade, I cannot set speed dial. When I select Set Speed Dial for a specific contact, the screen loads blank without the option to set anything. Speed dial is a very useful feature for me and I miss it!
  11. #11  
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
  13. #13  
    I too am having the same problem and I don't have any problem with the system's speed dial and actually like it...anyone? It looks like we will just have to wait for palm.
  14. #14  
    What? I just tried it and my speed dial is working fine. My Pre is all payched up as well. I like the speed dial feature, very useful.
  15. #15  
    Homebrew apps, Launch Point is the best. I have about 9 contacts that I use all the time and it's one click and I can either phone,email, or text, It;s that easy!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Homebrew apps, Launch Point is the best. I have about 9 contacts that I use all the time and it's one click and I can either phone,email, or text, It;s that easy!
    AGREED! There's nothing better!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    after 1.4 update, can not assign speed dial, follow directions then get white screen how do i get this feature back. did partial erase before update. no patches themes not even preware on teh phone.
  18. #18  
    I have the newest update & I just assigned a few & works well. Maybe an app is messing with yours...
  19. #19  
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Posting Permissions