Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So I slid up my phone today to take a call and what do ya know, a little wire popped out at the bottom of the slider. I dont remember pushing up to hard or fast, it was no different than any other time i opened the phone.

The wire hanging out is about 1-3cm long. It apears to be a metal/silver color and it looks like theres two wires in one. Im not sure if this has happened to people in the past, or maybe its a new issue.
    Is my pre broke? can i pull the wire out? Do i need to buy a new Pre? can Palm Fix it? How much would it be to get this fixed by palm, do they even offer phone service? Im kinda new here on the forums.

heres some pics.

"Don't expect much, its just budders."
    Yep its broke!

Take it back!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    AHH! im so mad. I bought the phone in a different state too!!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROFL!
    woah
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yeah thats a part of your sliding mechanism I believe. You'd have to take it to Sprint repair center.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yeah i was doing a chat with palm and they said best buy or palm would replace it for free.. so i called BB and they said F#$# YOU NO WAY.

soo i called palm and they said it cost 30 bucks, i argued with them for like an hour, even called corporate.. there was no way they could release the 30 dollar charge. this is ridiculous. Ive done an advanced exchange with my older palms like the 650 and 755 with no problem, no charges EVER. This new **** is RIDICULOUS.

i have no choice, but to pay the 30$

/rant
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Why are you dealing with Palm? Call Sprint.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Id rather pay the 30 dollars then the $100
    Check if your camera has a macro mode...usually a little tulip like flower. If so, you'll be able to take much better shots up close like that.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    macro mode dosnt go that far in..
    Quote Originally Posted by budders View Post
    Id rather pay the 30 dollars then the $100
    ..............its a manufacturer defect covered under the 12 month warranty.

you won't have to pay anything.

and who cares what state you bought it in?

and yes, macro mode will "zoom in" that far.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i never said "zoom in" i said "go in" and i believe the correct terminology would be "focus in".
    Btw it twas on macro mode atm of the picture being taken.. digital cameras cant focus worth SH*#@

Back to the point. Palm said they couldnt do squat about it.. they said i still have time left on my warranty and all.. but they could do an advanced replacement thing witch is a "premium feature" , witch cost money. So should i call back up and raise hell or what?
    go.

to.

sprint.
    digital cameras cant focus worth SH*#@

Btw it twas on macro mode atm of the picture being taken..
    no it wasn't.
    go to sprint they always replace my ****
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So you think i should give sprint a call and do you think they'll replace it for free? I do have insurance but i know its about 100 bucks to use it.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    As of April 12th 2009, you can now walk into any Sprint store and if your device is within the 1-year manufacture warranty, you can have it serviced/replaced for free.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support - Article

If the device is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or the Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs caused by normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure.

If the device is covered by TEP or the Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and it has physical or liquid damage or is damaged beyond repair, you'll need to file a claim and pay a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim, determined by the model of your device.

If the issue is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, you won't be charged for repair or replacement at a retail location.

If the device is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, TEP, ERP or ESRP, you may have to pay fees per-incident, determined by the type of device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    As of April 12th 2009, you can now walk into any Sprint store and if your device is within the 1-year manufacture warranty, you can have it serviced/replaced for free.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support - Article

If the device is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or the Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs caused by normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure.

If the device is covered by TEP or the Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and it has physical or liquid damage or is damaged beyond repair, you'll need to file a claim and pay a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim, determined by the model of your device.

If the issue is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, you won't be charged for repair or replacement at a retail location.

If the device is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, TEP, ERP or ESRP, you may have to pay fees per-incident, determined by the type of device.
    So even though I bought my Pre on launch day at Best Buy, I can still go to a Sprint retail store & have them fix/exchange my phone for free because I am still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty? Or does that only apply to phones bought from Sprint & don't have a TEP attached?
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's still covered as it's a sprint phone within it's manufacturers warranty. I'd try taking it to a sprint store and see what they do. I mean, it couldn't hurt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast