Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i must say that i didn't really like the 1.3.1 update. I've compared it to the 1.2.1 and it felt like going backwards. I was really close to canning my phone because of the stupid tap delays, constant slowdowns and crashing. Most of the crashing is common, I know, but with this 1.3.5, they've obviously heard a lot of us complaining, found the issues and resolved them. My browser is awesome to use again, and I can load www.gamespot.com like a hot knife on butter. Before I would have to wait the longest and I would get the infamous "too many cards" error. Now I rarely see checkerboards, the images load very quickly and double tapping to zoom in while it's still loading is very responsive.

Even opening applications seem to be a lot better! I was pulling up the app catalog and other things, and when I scroll through the lists, they are actually very responsive. I'm also noticing a better response with the universal search too. Before it would lag the longest when organizing the icons while I type.

I hope this isn't a placebo effect, but whatever it is, it's awesome! I really can't wait for flash, so I can start using orb again.
    I'm extremely happy as well!
    This signature for rent
    <rant>

The outcome will be a placebo if we dont get some more and better apps soon!

</rant>
    Live free or DIE!
    apart from the app catalog migration mishap, much better than 1.3.1

1. "Classic" actually Works once again
    2. No app limit
    3. Things are much snappier

Only thing right now is battery life. Not sure if that's actually a little worse???
    loving the new update also. I feel the great apps are on they way. Slowly but surely this phones true potential is coming to light.
    when I get a txt or email my phone doesn't wake up it only makes a sound and the little ball starts blinking anybody else having the same problem or is this new in webos 1.3.5?
    can you dig it?

we can dig it!

can yall dig it?

we can dig it!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    <rant>

The outcome will be a placebo if we dont get some more and better apps soon!

</rant>
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    LMAO!!!! Love that show!
    Live free or DIE!
    i think the update is a success so far. a few bugs to work out in preware and such but overall good in my book. i hope the next update will be even bigger & better.
    Palm really did a good job with this update.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    LMAO!!!! Love that show!
    Unfortunately I loath that show, but I don't loath the pre.
    I'm absolutely loving the way the browser has become, along with the browser patch for scrolling, its just awesome. Only thing i was hoping for in 1.3.5 which we didnt get was ability to download and view pdfs from the browers. This feature was available in 1.2 and then disappeared in 1.3.1
    How come I can't get the update
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    How come I can't get the update

strict frowny face policy... From palms website

"people who are sad or frown frequently will be unable to install 1.3.5........also anyone outside the usa" sorry its all in the details...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I agree completely. This update is better in almost all areas. I would suggest a bonus to the guy who made the day-view changes almost instantaneous.

But I think there still are room for improvement. I found loading large photos as contact photos is very slow. By large photo, I mean 2MB-4MB jpeg files. It should not be, because they load fine in the photo App.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    strict frowny face policy... From palms website

"people who are sad or frown frequently will be unable to install 1.3.5........also anyone outside the usa" sorry its all in the details...
    Well I want to be able to see what's so great about it
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I agree on all accounts. Great update. My pre is fun again!
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Well I want to be able to see what's so great about it
    I'm sure its gonna be coming shortly for others...just hang in there!
    Can someone help me...ever since I updated to 1.3.5 I can't do anything with my phone, it's not even detected on my computer which means I can't use Webos quick install AT ALL!!! HELP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast