Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, what is everyone's predictions for January 7th? I think the most convincing argument would be GPU support. I would LOVE Flash 10 but I'm not entirely optimistic about Adobe. I'm also pretty sure about a Verizon Pre.

What about everyone else?
    I would say GPU, flash, advanced games and verizon pre.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I predict anything Palm says gets buried by announcements from everyone else. I hope it's not true but things like GPU, Flash, Games, Verizon really aren't anything the industry would get excited about.
    Depends on how its implemented and presented. If they come out showing a smooth running 3D game or streaming video from a website such as hulu.com, I think that will get quite a bit of attention unless some other company comes out with a door busting new product.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Depends on how its implemented and presented. If they come out showing a smooth running 3D game or streaming video from a website such as hulu.com, I think that will get quite a bit of attention unless some other company comes out with a door busting new product.
    Google and the Nexus One. That's definitely something that's going to steal some of Palm's momentum.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Google and the Nexus One. That's definitely something that's going to steal some of Palm's momentum.
    On the other hand, IMO Palm has to release something revolutionary to keep people talking despite the big reveals from Google and other companies... I think they are aware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I predict anything Palm says gets buried by announcements from everyone else.
    Wanna bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I hope it's not true but things like GPU, Flash, Games, Verizon really aren't anything the industry would get excited about.
    On that one too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Google Nexus One will be big but I don't think it will be show stealer. The phone will sport the same OS as Droid which has been on the market for sometime, so there will be nothing new there. As far as the hardware, I don't think there is much they can do in that area that will be really awe inspiring. I mean at this point they would have to implement some new revolutionary hardware to really bury a Palm announcement.

I am not saying Palm will be the biggest highlight of CES but I don't think there is anything upcoming that will make Palm so insignificant that the media wont really take notice of their announcement.
    I'm thinking gpu, flash, gaming, virtual keyboard integrated, doc to go and 2 new devices other than the new pre and pixi on verizon. The treo pro redone as a big brother to the pixi, same internals as pre, just a gesture area rather than buttons. And the hd2 running webos with some internal updates. My guess though.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm betting on WebOS 2.0 and video recording (GPU support and Adobe goes without saying), by "First half of 2010".
    Last edited by RafRol; 12/29/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Pixi w/ WIFI on Verizon
    Pre on Verizon

WebOS 2.0 end of first or second quarter.

Adobe Flash support with WebOS 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I'm thinking gpu, flash, gaming, virtual keyboard integrated, doc to go and 2 new devices other than the new pre and pixi on verizon. The treo pro redone as a big brother to the pixi, same internals as pre, just a gesture area rather than buttons. And the hd2 running webos with some internal updates. My guess though.
    virtual keyboard would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wanna bet?

On that one too?
    Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.
    For PRPRPR $purposes$ $I$ $think$ $Jon$ $will$ $announce$ $that$ $over$ $1MM$ $WebOS$ $devices$ $have$ $been$ $sold$. $This$ $is$ $key$, $in$ $addition$ $to$ $other$ $things$, $to$ $keep$ $the$ $stock$ $on$ $an$ $upward$ $trajectory$.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    If they do show 2.0 at CES, I hope they have some new innovative features. Like custom synergy search within websites (like IMDB). Or that synergy search uses your browser history.

And getting up to speed with API's for things like Skype of course..

But I don't know. OpenGL, Flash, they just said they would only discuss 1.3.5 (to their investors). It could be a total disappointmenton.

Also, since 1.3.5 just came out, I think whatever webOS version will be announced next week won't be released in January.
  16. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Seamless Google Voice Integration!!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm betting on WebOS 2.0 and video recording (GPU support and Adobe goes without saying), by "First half of 2010".
    "First half of 2010" as in January 30, 2010... meh... I sure hope not, but it's probable.

I'm at least hoping for a beta of flash early... maybe I'm being too hopeful.
    I'm convinced we'll get GPU support and real 3D acceleration for games:

By now, I am almost convinced that the Need for Speed video that got leaked a while ago is actually real: The screenshots of the app catalog showing NFS look EXACTLY like the new app catalog in 1.3.5 -- noone but palm could have known what it would look like, so I very much doubt they are fake.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estariel View Post
    The screenshots of the app catalog showing NFS look EXACTLY like the new app catalog in 1.3.5 -- noone but palm could have known what it would look like, so I very much doubt they are fake.
    Palm copied the fake screenshot just to mess with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Adobe Flash support with WebOS 2.0.
    Flash support exists in Web OS 1.3.5 for the looks of it. The Plug-In architecture is there. Flash just isn't installed. I would expect Flash with 1.4 or 1.5.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast