Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WebOS 2.0

Google Voice integration.

New flagship hardware.
    I could see the announcement of a 16gb version to go along with the GPU, flash and Verizon stuff.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    How bout Voice dialing so the Pre can have a feature that a $25 handset has....LOL

And all the other cool stuff mentioned as well.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I hope it's not true but things like GPU, Flash, Games, Verizon really aren't anything the industry would get excited about.
    LOL... what are you talking about bro?... Dont you read Engadget, Gizmodo, etc?... They have daily articles on the very same things for the Pre... and have hundreds of comments following the post as well...

Lets not forget PRECENTRAL....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    GPU support would be great. Flash Support Double great. Video recording and voice dialing would be extra. But i don't wanna get my hopes up just be like a sad little kid on christmas morning when they didn't get what they really wanted. Palm don't let me down.
    Through no real fault of Palm's, announcements of a Pre or Pixi Plus in Verizon aren't going to have much of an impact because these announcements have been expected since, what, July?

I expect a little more buzz for gaming/GPU news, but even that is hard to compete with stuff like Sprint releasing a WiMax handset or the launch of the Nexus One.
    Those speculating that they will integrate Google Voice are off their rocker.

No carrier will ever allow any manufacturer to seamlessly integrate Google Voice into their phones unless they are profiting from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Those speculating that they will integrate Google Voice are off their rocker.

No carrier will ever allow any manufacturer to seamlessly integrate Google Voice into their phones unless they are profiting from it.
    Being that Google Voice uses your Cell Minutes, how are carriers not profiting from it?

We are moving to a pure data format anyway. VOIP or Messaging or Voice, it shouldn't matter. We will be paying for a dumb data pipe. Carriers that don't do that will fall by the wayside. Smart phones are pushing past the limits of what can only be provided by the carrier.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Palm Plus and Pixi Plus

Palm likely calling its new Verizon models Pre Plus and Pixi Plus -- Engadget

But I think Nexus One will steal the show...

And T-Mobile will be getting a lot of new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Palm Plus and Pixi Plus

Palm likely calling its new Verizon models Pre Plus and Pixi Plus -- Engadget

But I think Nexus One will steal the show...

And T-Mobile will be getting a lot of new customers.
    Nexus One won't be at the show. The announcement will come on Tuesday at Google's headquarters in Mountain View. There really isn't any mystery to the NO. Its been rumored and talked about for the last several weeks with pics and details on the device readily available on various tech sites.

Palm doesn't present until Thursday. I say all of that to say that NO won't be stealing the show b/c it won't be at the show and by time Thursday roles around the news cycle would have washed and rinsed the news about the NO.

As far as CES for Palm, nothing new that hasn't already been mentioned here at Precentral; Verizon deal and maybe some info on GPU stuff. That's it.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I think it's likely that 1.3.5 was simply a prepatory patch and they indeed do plan to have another patch for CES with video recording etc.

I just wonder if they could actually release 3D games like NFS now or if that would require one more patch.
    Yes, NO does do their own thing earlier... kinda like Palm did before Apples event eh?

Even though we all basically know about it, once they officially release it and really show it to the world and hype it... along with the android/droid/hero... momentum... it will carry through CES.

Every phone at CES is going to be compared to the snapdragon Nexus. Palm will have to do something to wow people to ride over that Google Android/Snapdragon/T-Mobile wave.

It's definitely got me curiousity with the monster phone and decent phone plan and I like T-Mobile... I thought if I lost my iPhone and had to pay full price for replacement (no insurance), the competition is good enough that I'd just pay the ETF and get new service/contract and go Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Nexus One won't be at the show. The announcement will come on Tuesday at Google's headquarters in Mountain View. There really isn't any mystery to the NO. Its been pretty well rumored for the last several weeks.

Palm doesn't present until Thursday. I say all of that to say that NO won't be stealing the show b/c it won't be at the show and by time Thursday roles around the news cycle would have washed and rinsed the news about the NO.

As far as CES for Palm, nothing new that hasn't already been mentioned here at Precentral; Verizon deal and maybe some info on GPU stuff. That's it.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I actually think Palm will do well at the show.
    I think from here on up they can only do better.

I would personally like video recording and flash because then we can play games online, right? :-o
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    We are moving to a pure data format anyway. VOIP or Messaging or Voice, it shouldn't matter. We will be paying for a dumb data pipe. Carriers that don't do that will fall by the wayside. Smart phones are pushing past the limits of what can only be provided by the carrier.
    Not only that, but providing a channel for the customer to choose things like this is wise for the provider.

I never had Visual Voicemail from Sprint, but I saw what it did. I like the other options Google Voice offers me (the ability to forward calls to additional phones). Sprint (or any other carrier) choosing to incorporate third party services that cause people to use their phones more would be smart business.
    I'm hoping 2.0 comes along when verizon gets the pre! =)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12