Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm released a slider with a landscape keyboard? Anybody think it will ever happen? WebOS with a good keypad would be the business.
    no way, i can't imaging myself handle a big phone with two hands, one hand operation is a must for me.
    I actually love the keyboard the way it is. I just want a larger screen and a landscape VK. I find the screen to small right now for the homebrew VK.
    I have to agree with the above post. One handed use is the only way for me as well.
    No thanks. IMO that is the worst form factor out there. You need both hands to do anything. Physical portrait keyboard or nothing for me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I am not sure what the craze is with that... 1 hand usage is a must for me as well... I have big hands too... size 12 ring... and I have no problem using the keyboard. I mean, only a small tip of your finger needs to touch a key, it's not like my entire thumb pushes down on 4 keys at a time. That seens rather Orge like.
    Me neither, had a mogul, chic has a moment, it's design is the only reason I'm still here, small and effective. Now give me an android with a pre body and I'd be happy.
    i own a pixi now and i had a pre before. i can say i hate the slider design. the pixi is just so much better of a design all around. the keyboard is just perfect for typing IMO.
  9.    #9  
    I don't know. I guess the pad is just too cramped or the phone too top heavy but I just can't get that comfortable with it. I miss the hardware on my Touch Pro. My wife's Blackberry is portrait and its great for typing on so I guess thats not really the issue. My hands are small but I still find myself pressing the wrong letter quite often. I'm gonna try the one handed method for a few days and see how it goes.
    I would ditch the Pre for a new Treo with the same resolution as the Pre... Not a landscape keyboard...
    I love the keyboard as is. I don't like those big clunky looking portrait phones.
    No landscape for me. The Pixi's a good design, but I still prefer my Pre.
    After looking at a Pixi in BestBuy, I would like to have something similar to that with a screen the size of the Pre's.
    I still think a Palm Pre with all the patches I have on mine is hard to beat. I will stay with my Palm Pre untill my next upgrade and I look forward to the new things Palm will have.
    I would love a much larger phone (bit bigger screen than the iphone) with a landscape keyboard of Blackberry quality. It would have to be fast with an amazing Web browser and battery life of 12 hours under moderate/heavy use.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    I would love a much larger phone (bit bigger screen than the iphone) with a landscape keyboard of Blackberry quality. It would have to be fast with an amazing Web browser and battery life of 12 hours under moderate/heavy use.
    yea.. I saw those mini laptops at walmart..
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    yea.. I saw those mini laptops at walmart..
    I'm happy with a portrait keyboard. That is like a Palm staple. If they came out with a portait slider with a better keyboard than the Pre(like having the keys raised more), they've got my money.
    I'd dump the Pre if Palm released something with a better keyboard. I'm not sure about a sideways one, but it would be ok. They keyboard is one of my main gripes about this phone. I have large hands, and my fingers get sore when typing with it.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Here is the real question, how many people would drop their iPhone if WebOS had the same apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast