Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    when I get a txt or email my phone doesn't wake up it only makes a sound and the little ball starts blinking anybody else having the same problem or is this new in webos 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    So we have figured out how to stop all the texting drivers. Remove their ability to use their device with one hand They get caught texting with two hands and driving with knees, lock em up for 30 days.....
    no way. it feels super inefficient to use a landscape keyboard; like my fingers have to stretch all over the place just to type anything. i'm so "ninja-fingers" on the Pre keyboard it's not even funny.
    if palm come out with the redux treo pro, my pre is gone. I hate the slider. Have had too many hardware failures. If they come out with a hd2 running webos, or a driod esq style I would really have to think about it.... But if they came out with the hd2 and opened the bluetooth support for keyboards as well as integrating the virtual keyboard that's where I'll be!. I loved my palm wireless keyboard and if it (or a new one) was able to pair with an hd2 running webos that would be like bacon covered boobies!
    Palm prē-ist.
    I find threads such as these to be very "entertaining". Where is this "perfect" phone that everybody believes is better than this phone...or that phone over there...?...lol. And why are all these people still with the "PRE" that they all seem to complain about endlessly?...Is this phone perfect?...no... I also love when people complain about a function that may not exist in any of our updates...yet does exist on Preware etc...not to mention it's so easy to setup Preware that a "caveman" could do it...lol. So many people that just can't stop complaining? I think we should be thankful that we have "preware" and all the guys their that contribute to enhance this phone...and try with a "glass half full" look on the present and the future...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Keyboard on Pre is pretty close to ideal for me.

When I chose Treo 600 the main reason was the keyboard. There were some other PDA phone had a horizontal keyboard, but they were too big. In fact, most of the sliders today are still bulky. It is quite amazing to see such a small slider phone as Pre. It think the Droid is pretty small also, but it is still bigger than Pre.

Keyboard on Pre is actually prety innovative. It think Palm tested the idea on Centro and the result was positive. Personally I don't mind the phone being a little thicker and wider and trade for a keyboard like Treo.

If WebOS becomes successful, I would like to see a Palm device about the same size as a Treo, and packed with all the features we can think of, with a bigger battery.
    No way! I won't do that mistake again.

I switched to the HTC TyTnII from the Treo 650 and I couldn't stand the constant turning and twisting just to type something. Forget one handed typing, it was impossible. Add to that the slowdown and uncomfort from the increased distance between keys.

I ended up selling it and getting a Treo 750 until the Pro came out.
    As so many have already said, I would not trade the portrait physical keyboard for anything. I like the form factor of the Pre, and don't have any problems with the keyboard or slider. I have had landscape phones w/VKs and with physical keyboards and hated them. Can't imagine going back to that. Pre is the perfect phone for me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    If Palm would have built the pre better I could see myself using it for years. As it is though, I'm eager to see what they do with the next gen' Treo. I like the form factor of the pre, but would not be opposed to a landscape keyboard if done chic'. I must be in the minority, because I use both thumbs on the pre. Bet I can type 40 words per minute
    I miss my treo so bad I cant believe it. I personally think the pre is junk and most people are just afraid to say it. Its slow slow slow. I dont know how many times I keep hitting buttons cause the things so slow. Its ergonomics compared to the treo arent even close in my opinion. Lets be honest how many times a day do you look at your phone and say come on work! I get ticked at my phone at least 10 times a day cause it slows me down.
    If I had the money for another phone right now I could huck this into a wall and feel fine...maybe even relieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    If Palm would have built the pre better I could see myself using it for years. As it is though, I'm eager to see what they do with the next gen' Treo. I like the form factor of the pre, but would not be opposed to a landscape keyboard if done chic'. I must be in the minority, because I use both thumbs on the pre. Bet I can type 40 words per minute
    we should race. i'm wicked fast on this thing. and i make less errors than people with landscape and spell checkers. i love the little keyboards. i could even do alright in the dark when the keyboard light on my old centro went out.
    not to brag but...okay, i was.
    now if i could just type that well on a real keyboard...
    Keeping our 3 pre's, in fact... We need two more for our family.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12