Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    .... Or is it too soon to tell?
    What I do know, is that my web browsing w/the the Pre is now 10,000 times better than it was before, in EVERY way.
    There're some other things that i like about this update too, but i can't get into that now because the wife is waiting for me to bring dinner home and i'm just sitting here in the supermarket parking lot.. typing this.
    I don't wanna get her upset. I already spent a coupla nights on the couch last week when i sync'd an old yahoo account to the Pre, and all my old yahoo 'contacts' magically appeared in the Pre's contact list.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/29/2009 at 06:03 PM.
    I think 1.3.5 sets up CES and the glory that WebOS will be with a fully functional GPU (I kind of felt like the Emperor from star wars when I typed that).

The GPU should mean everything is much smoother, and that games like NFS will be possible. If a native level SDK is also released, I think Apple will actually have to start playing some catch up to Palm's ideas.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    Hey Master. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    .... Or is it too soon to tell?
    What I do know, is that my web browsing w/the the Pre is now 10,000 times better than it was before, in EVERY way.
    There're some other things that i like about this update too, but i can't get into that now because the wife is waiting for me to bring dinner home and i'm just sitting here in the supermarket parking lot.. typing this.
    I don't wanna get her upset. I already spent a coupla nights on the couch last week when i sync'd an old yahoo account to the Pre, and all my old yahoo 'contacts' magically appeared in the Pre's contact list.
    haha. dude, that is too funny! i take it explaining how it all magically happened with synergy didn't help, eh?

BTW, i'm laughing with you, not at you.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    While, I'm excited too, I don't think Apple's challenge is to "catch up" to Palm in any way. Palm needs to "wow" the world again and regain some of the mindshare and mojo lost due to the slow performance and poor build quality in early WebOS devices (and terrible marketing for the Pre and "Pixi" for a device name /rantoff. Sorry.) I like what I've seen today and am eagerly awaiting what's to come.
  6.    #6  
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    haha. dude, that is too funny! i take it explaining how it all magically happened with synergy didn't help, eh?

BTW, i'm laughing with you, not at you.
    LoL, i know.
    Yeah, the word 'synergy' got replaced with a few 'other' words, but this is a family forum so ......
    I think palm is doing awsome. We've had so many updates and so fast compare to other phones. It shows palms really working to make their product into everything we want. Theres not much missing from the phone now. I wouldnt be suprised if CES demos some great games useing the gpu, flash, and a video recording feature similar to the iphone 3gs. I think just the gpu would be a big push for this phone but im sure they are going to toss in something else. On a side note the speed increase with this update has made my internet faster than my friends 3gs. Also google is expected to put out the nexus 1 in CES and apple a tablet PC soon after. Im thinking the nexus 1 might steal the show and an apple tablet PC is just a bad idea. Every tablet pc is a bad idea. lol. Its a really small market.
    it's a nice update so far, ill have to test for a few days. it wasn't a MAJOR update just minor tweaks. im hoping in the future for an update that will really unleash the full potential of the pre and my pixi along with a ton of bug fixes both phones need.
    once upon a time smartphones were a really small market. I am sure once apple puts out a tablet it will become the "new" gadget to have.

however, from what I have seen of the dual screen messenger tablet, that looks a lot more interesting to me than an over grown iPhone.
    I realize you are new to Palm but you should not have any fear about their or WebOS's future. They have plenty going for them. First on all they have tons of cash on hand. They have arguably the bet OS on the market with arguably the most potential. They have 2 decent devices on the market. (I say decent because the hardware could be better.) They are getting ready to be picked up on multiple carriers. Their future is very very bright.

Just try adding your Yahoo contacts on any other OS... It aint going to happen. WebOS Synergy is top of the class.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    i dont see webos dying in 3 years as it is right now, and lord knows a LOT can happen in that time frame.
    What "fears"?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What "fears"?
    Ok. Some ppl may have had fears...
    Some may have had concerns...
    Some may have had denials...
    Some may have had anxieties...
    Some may have had uneasiness...
    Some may have had trepidation...
    Some may have had jitters...
    Some may have had worries...
    Some may have had doubts...
    Some may have had cold feet...
    Some may have had funky feet...
    etc ... etc ... etc ... etc ...
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/30/2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    i aint never scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    once upon a time smartphones were a really small market. I am sure once apple puts out a tablet it will become the "new" gadget to have.

however, from what I have seen of the dual screen messenger tablet, that looks a lot more interesting to me than an over grown iPhone.
    I think tablets have been around for a long time and never caught on but your right all the apple fans will prob run to buy it right away. I still cant see people sitting on the subway useing a tablet or anywhere actually lol. Itd be like me walking around with just the screen of my macbook. Id rather have it the way it is.
    I wouldn't know, since I don't get the option to experience this "wonderful" update. :'(
    No fears, no hopes. Only detached interest.

I haven't seen 1.3.5 yet but am curious. Incidentally, the calendar fix was never a big challenge, just low priority. What would be more indicative is the frequency of "too many cards" errors with this release.
    no. What will change my opinion of Palm in general is a consistent run of earnings. Or at the very least indicators of grown interest from the buying public. And i think 1.3.5 is not something that is going to make people run to a sprint store to buy a pre. Maybe it lays the ground work but i view the market a bit different. I think WebOS will be around but of limited success and i don't think 1.3.5 changes that. What will have an impact will be real games, Apps that do what people want, a robust facebook app, fixing the apps like music player that handle media as media is what the iphone was built on and does well. Plus it's gotta be released a lot bigger then a couple carriers in 6 months. Also email and document support that exceeds blackberry would help too. In general webos 2.0 stuff i guess. And much better form factors like keyboardless and horizontal sliders. Deep down i think Palm needs to be bought buy someone with enough money to fund it's growth at a stronger rate. Don't see an ideal candidate at the moment. But i think fixing 1.3.5 is good but not remotely going to sway people that didn't want to by a pre yesterday.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    No fears, no hopes. Only detached interest.

I haven't seen 1.3.5 yet but am curious. Incidentally, the calendar fix was never a big challenge, just low priority. What would be more indicative is the frequency of "too many cards" errors with this release.
    For me, at least, the 'Too many cards' error seems to have been taken care of. How about you guys? Are you still getting that with 1.3.5?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast