Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    After the update my battery was fully charged when i took it off the charger at 6:30am and by 9:30am my battery is at 37%. What gives?? By the way this is a new battery that i just had replaced by Sprint two weeks ago.
    I agree it appears that it is the same or worse. It has been about a week now. It seems the battery life it a bit worse. IMO
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 01/02/2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Without knowing your usage pattern it's hard to say. But I think you might be expecting too much out of the stock 1100mAh battery.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    My battery life hasn't improved either. Off the charger for 10 min, and down to 91% with no usage.
    I have never had that bad of battery life. Seems like maybe you have a bad battery or something. Only 3 hrs and you are down to 37%? I would be upset as well. Last night I watched 30 minutes of T.V. and surfed the web for 20 to 30 minutes and still had over 60% battery. Have you home brewed your phone? If so could be something draining the battery?
    my standby battery life has improved greatly, in an hour and a half of minimal usage in poor coverage I've only gone down 3 percent
    This signature for rent
    I have 2 batteries and both last me all day long and I text all day long along with some internet stuff plus checking my e-mail and at least 2 calls a day....
    My battery will easily go 20 hours with normal use.

I would have to ask those with issues, how is your reception?
    Nothing kills a battery faster on any CDMA phone than bad reception.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've actually noticed an improvement on my battery life. Been off the charger for two hours and I've used the phone quiet a bit and its at 98%
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Without knowing your usage pattern it's hard to say. But I think you might be expecting too much out of the stock 1100mAh battery.
    Is having a battery last more than 4-5 hours a day with moderate usage too much???
    my battery life is beast now I'm in 85% right now and I got up at 9 am today I have watched videos and been online for like 30 mins
    My battery lasts much longer after the update. Previously, the battery would have drained by mid day. Today, it lasted until 5pm. That is a quite an improvement.
    If this is your first use of the phone after the update your battery life will be crappy. It seems that the update does a lot of house cleaning and a lot of moving files around on the first use. What I would suggest is give the phone a restart and a recharge and then see how it performs.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Complex,

No not first use after update. Last night after updating i fully drained the battery to see how things would work after a full charge took place.
    I've been running Battery Monitor for 17h5m and currently at 37%.

Unplugged phone @ 100%
    Stock Battery

Usage
    30mins of web browsing
    25 Text Messages
    20 Received E-mails
    2 5 mins calls
    5 Mins of Paratrooper
    30 Mins of Pandora over Wifi to Bluetooth speakers
    5 hours of poor EV signal but 100% 1X(Airave)
    12 hours of 2-4 bars of EV and Voice

Battery Life is Draining 3.26% an hour.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Apparently you guys don't read very well.

* This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.

AKA keeping the radio from scanning 100mph increases the battery life. It never said it was going to improve battery life for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post

AKA keeping the radio from scanning 100mph increases the battery life. It never said it was going to improve battery life for everyone.
    You read my mind Unfortunately for the people who actually have signal during the day you're unlikely to see any difference in battery whatsoever.

One area where the battery may improve is if you keep constant connections open, for example IRC. Previously the wifi would shut itself down once the phone enters standby, but with the new firmware wifi stays active - so your active connections will be consuming less power to stay active (because it takes less battery to use wifi than GPRS/EVDO/3G)
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post

There was something changed directly so that the battery didn't drain in two hours with a low signal.

However, it is possible that tweaks they made related to increased speed has indirectly improved normal battery life for some. Makes sense, improved performance because of less CPU load in the background leads to lower power consumption.

It's also possible that it's a fluke and will be back to where we were before the update or maybe they change the battery meter. I just made a 20 minute phone call and the battery is still at 100% and that makes me a little skeptical. A 20 minute call was never that bad on the battery, but it would be at least 4 or 5%.
    My battery has never been bad to begin with, but now wow a day after the update its sitting at 65% with moderate usage throughout the day and was off the charger at 830am! Its been 11hrs thus far and it has only drained 30%i'd say thats an improvement to me!

This could also mean that the update to the signal has helped me conserve instead of drain since in my apt i barely got 1 bar and today has been around 3 ... pretty interesting, but i'll take it!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I have to disagree with the OP. Before the update I'd be down to 20% when i got off work...today I was at 40 something percent. I'll keep an on it over the next few days to see if this is consistent.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast