Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have poor reception in my office and would typically be down around 50% by lunch. Today, after the update yesterday, the phone was at 88% at lunch. I've been fooled before but so far that's quite an improvement.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My battery life has been fantastic since 1.3....
    My battery life is better, almost 24 hours, 73%.
    Wow, wow, wow. There is something seriously wrong with your phone...judging by the drain, do you think it could be software related?

I was going to say, might be time for your phone to visit the doctor...

By any chance, are you running the smartflex patch, or another processor related patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My battery life is better, almost 24 hours, 73%.
    wow that is incredible! I can drop to 70% in a matter of 2 hrs. Ok gonna try this PRL update (mine is 60657) and then restart by popping battery in/out. Maybe the battery's bad?

How long is the original battery supposed to last?
    I just got my Pre and it was running 1.3.1 when I got. I was really upset when I saw that my battery was dead in 3 hours with heavy use on such a great phone.
    So when I updated to 1.3.5 I was happy with my phone again to see that it was still at 95% with an hour and half of web/video/sms/navigation/taking pics with flash.

So im not sure what is wrong with your phone but i think the new update is great for battery life
    I have also seen a big improvement with the battery life and the phone does not get as warm. I have been using it all day and I'm still at 70%. I took it off the charger at 7:30am and its now 4:30. Has anyone tried adding the powersave patch after the 1.3.5 update? I wonder how much better the battery life can get.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00000000 View Post
    Not really sure what to tell you. I've had nothing but way better battery life since the update. I run the lowest brightness setting. 10(or so) seconds before the display and backlight turn off). I don't run wifi or bluetooth. Email push is set for once every hour.
    Same with me on my settings
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    Wow, wow, wow. There is something seriously wrong with your phone...judging by the drain, do you think it could be software related?

I was going to say, might be time for your phone to visit the doctor...

By any chance, are you running the smartflex patch, or another processor related patch?
    Have been to the doctor a couple of times and i am not running smartflex.

Here is a screen shot from this morning 2 hours off the charger..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smccue View Post

you have a battery or hardware issue.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

thats totally unuseable and unusual. Youve definitely got something wrong there. what about other patches? Its common for some patches or a mix of them to cause heavy battery drain
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    thats totally unuseable and unusual. Youve definitely got something wrong there. what about other patches? Its common for some patches or a mix of them to cause heavy battery drain
    Tell me about it. I really like the phone and what it can do but i feel like i am always looking for a charger. It kinda defeats the purpose of this great phone and not being able to use it like i want to.

Nothing crazy as far as patches go (20) total. I do not leave cards open at any time, i open something and then close it when i am done.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I'm seeing major battery drain as well since 1.3.5. Before the update I could get through the entire day. Now the battery is dead within 7 hours. Every morning it's completely dead and has to go back on the charger. I reinstalled only a couple of the many patches I was using before the update. Something definitely changed with the update. Now if I could only figure out what.

Great to hear that other folks are having the opposite experience though.
    Have you guys tried removing your Yahoo contacts/IM accounts? It seems to make the battery drain much less quickly when the device is idle.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Have you guys tried removing your Yahoo contacts/IM accounts? It seems to make the battery drain much less quickly when the device is idle.
    Don't have any.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think modifying all the settings like 000000 says makes a big difference. I also turn off the gps when im not using navigation. If i dont do anything with the phone i could get a couple of days. Internet and you tube drain it pretty fast though.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Tell me about it. I really like the phone and what it can do but i feel like i am always looking for a charger. It kinda defeats the purpose of this great phone and not being able to use it like i want to.

Nothing crazy as far as patches go (20) total. I do not leave cards open at any time, i open something and then close it when i am done.
    try removing all patches and seeing if that makes a difference, if it does introduce them one at a time to see which ones gave you the trouble
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    If I let my phone sit with just my Yahoo mail syncing every 15 minutes and my wifi turned on (but sleeping in sleep mode), My battery would probably last 12-15 hours per day.

If I text and surf moderately I'm usually down to 30-40% in 6-8 hours.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    just a quick side note:

Yesterday after removing pre from charger, I was down to 70% within 2 hours. Seemed really fast to me, and I was thinking it was due to 1.3.5

I reset the network settings, and PRL - and today after 1.5hrs after I unplugged, I am at 94%.

I have checked my mail just as much etc. Not sure why the better battery life, but I'll take it!
    For my Pre running under 1.3.5 -- after 14 1/4 hours minimal usage runtime, battery monitor shows initial at 87%, current at 75% for a .83% drain/hour. I have WiFi on, 5 bars of reception (a big improvement for inside my house - something changed?), and email update every 60 min. I don't have comparable 1.3.1 numbers (which weren't bad) but this battery usage seems to be an improvement.

Dave
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast