Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    You have done the PRL update?
    No, but with 4-5 bars anywhere in the city I really don't need to. Good suggestion, though.

Again, I've had this Pre since launch day, (same Pre, same battery), and this just started with the update. I'm not saying it's Palm's fault; I have had homebrew apps, patches and tweaks installed. Maybe this is some combination of things coming together for a few of us that's causing the problem. If so., then doctoring the phone when doc 1.3.5 becomes available will likely settle the issue. That's my plan, anyway.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    You know, I had the same problem. I don't have figures and charts and figures to share, but immediately after upgrading, I was losing big numbers fast. I use my phone a LOT, so I have a good idea about what feels right and what feels wrong.

Today is a totally different picture. It's right back where it should be, and maybe even possibly a shade better. It's certainly better at retaining its charge while driving around town, drifting in and out of coverage. (as was advertised as being a point of improvement.)

Admittedly I'm talking out my *** here, and I have not done all the research, but wasn't there mention of a period of time during which the phone would be slowly moving apps, doing background updates, and that sort of thing, which could account for a temporary spike in consumption?

Also I should point out I have recently run the Emergency App Locator do-hickey.

Has anyone else been running this OS for 24 hours and found their battery life returning somewhat to normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    You know, I had the same problem. I don't have figures and charts and figures to share, but immediately after upgrading, I was losing big numbers fast. I use my phone a LOT, so I have a good idea about what feels right and what feels wrong.

Today is a totally different picture. It's right back where it should be, and maybe even possibly a shade better. It's certainly better at retaining its charge while driving around town, drifting in and out of coverage. (as was advertised as being a point of improvement.)

Admittedly I'm talking out my *** here, and I have not done all the research, but wasn't there mention of a period of time during which the phone would be slowly moving apps, doing background updates, and that sort of thing, which could account for a temporary spike in consumption?

Also I should point out I have recently run the Emergency App Locator do-hickey.

Has anyone else been running this OS for 24 hours and found their battery life returning somewhat to normal?
    it could account for some, but it would depend on how many apps you have. I'll admit I don't have many I don't download much and most of the apps I have are homebrew. It did not take mine long at all to come back to normal, 40 minutes maybe. If you have all whole slew of apps maybe it could take longer.

I don't even have music, and only 300 pics on my phone....it is for business.
    IIRC, everyone complains about battery life the 1st few days after an update and then it goes back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post

What is the "Emergency App Locator"??
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I think he means Emergency Migration Helper.. it moves all the old homebrew apps over to the new partition and cleans up some of the stuff that homebrew did.
    I'm really surprised that so many people are having issues with the battery life of their phones. My battery life has been noticeably much better post update and I'm glad they've improved this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    No, but with 4-5 bars anywhere in the city I really don't need to. Good suggestion, though.

Again, I've had this Pre since launch day, (same Pre, same battery), and this just started with the update. I'm not saying it's Palm's fault; I have had homebrew apps, patches and tweaks installed. Maybe this is some combination of things coming together for a few of us that's causing the problem. If so., then doctoring the phone when doc 1.3.5 becomes available will likely settle the issue. That's my plan, anyway.
    I don't think it's so much about how many signal bars you have up but how often the system will continuously look for a stronger signal based on the PRL (preferred roaming list). Long story short - just go to Device Info > Click on "More Info" > Scroll to "PRL" and make sure yours says 60658. Anything lower may be causing your battery issues
    what do you want from a software update? 2 days of battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    what do you want from a software update? 2 days of battery life?
    After the 1.3.5 update, I'm getting exactly FOUR HOURS on a full charge, mostly idle except email, no cards left open, with the Seido 1300 battery! I'd love 2 days, but truthfully I'd settle for a full workday without searching for a charger!

Really... I don't think I'm asking too much here....
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Whoa, that is some seriously whacked out battery life. What do you have running?

I'm running with the same battery, a few patches and homebrew apps, and I've been averaging a drain of 3-4% per hour. I'm using the phone quite a bit through the day, as well.

I would suggest maybe popping the stock battery in and seeing what happens. You might have a bad battery...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Techiechick, have you done the PRL update and made sure it stuck. That's been an issue for a number of users after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Techiechick, have you done the PRL update and made sure it stuck. That's been an issue for a number of users after the update.
    Yep! did the update.. 60658
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    Whoa, that is some seriously whacked out battery life. What do you have running?

I'm running with the same battery, a few patches and homebrew apps, and I've been averaging a drain of 3-4% per hour. I'm using the phone quite a bit through the day, as well.

I would suggest maybe popping the stock battery in and seeing what happens. You might have a bad battery...
    That's just it... I don't keep anything running in background other that what would normally be... a gmail account checking for mail, an exchange account checking in... I don't even have any messaging other than SMS. I get crappy reception at home (no different than before) but I have wifi and an Airrave for that.

I've been using Treos/Centros for years, but the batter on this little bugger has been the pits since day one. And on that note... I was at the launch party and I'm still on the original Pre.

You might be on to something with the battery though... I just bought myself the Seido for Christmas because of the bad battery life. I had some weird restart issues with the new battery that i never had before, so I broke out the scotch tape and fixed it. Now that you mention it, the Seido charges very slowly as well. Even when plugged into the laptop with the stock Palm cable.

I'm digging out my stock battery so see what it does... Thanks for reminding me!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Network update too? That with the PRL update and a reboot have eliminated all of the related issues our uses have seen. Sorry if does'nt work. I'd be really interested in knowing the source of the problem.
    It really sounds like you're having an issue with the battery...it shouldn't be slow to charge, let alone drain like that.

I'm using the Seido 1350 battery and having really great results with it. I have to agree though, battery life on the Pre is its biggest downfall, but, it's the price to pay for multi-tasking. Luckily I have three power cords, and two touchstones. I'm never too far away from extra juice...

I'm more impressed with how easy it was to get tweaks onto the Pre...that's for a different topic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    It really sounds like you're having an issue with the battery...it shouldn't be slow to charge, let alone drain like that.

I'm using the Seido 1350 battery and having really great results with it. I have to agree though, battery life on the Pre is its biggest downfall, but, it's the price to pay for multi-tasking. Luckily I have three power cords, and two touchstones. I'm never too far away from extra juice...

I'm more impressed with how easy it was to get tweaks onto the Pre...that's for a different topic though.
    I have to admit.. I'm a tweaker myself. Although I'm not doing anything differently than I did with 1.3.1 and my battery results are definitely degraded.

And before you ask.... Yes, I removed all patches, tweaks, and themes before I upgraded. Of course as soon as the upgrade was finished I promptly set about re-customizing my phone. I really don't like the Pre in it's native state!
    At this point, I'll run for a bit with the stock battery and see if my results change. That's of course while I wait for the new WebOS Doc for 1.3.5.

I'll post my battery monitor results in a bit.
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Spoke too soon! The new Doc is in the house!!
    One way or the other I'll get this fixed!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Stock battery started with a full charge.
    This is the results after 10 minutes... NO ACTIVITY. No calls, texts, emails...
    Help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Quote Originally Posted by smccue View Post
    After the update my battery was fully charged when i took it off the charger at 6:30am and by 9:30am my battery is at 37%. What gives?? By the way this is a new battery that i just had replaced by Sprint two weeks ago.
    Not really sure what to tell you. I've had nothing but way better battery life since the update. I run the lowest brightness setting. 10(or so) seconds before the display and backlight turn off). I don't run wifi or bluetooth. Email push is set for once every hour.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast