Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    no update for us in Canada yet. Any eta?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    no update for us in Canada yet. Any eta?
    I contacted a rep at Palm through their chat support. They have no eta, and no reason for the hold up either. All I could get was a "Hopefully it will be released soon".

Not great news, I know. I'm waiting as well though.
  4.    #4  
    meehhh.... Not good to hear.
    No, not really. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the updated App Catalog. We may not see this update until the App Catalog is opened up to Canada, since apparently the update brings it out of beta. If that is the case, I wish they'd done the AC update separately. At least let us have the other fixes..
    yeah - sucks... Grr. Stupid Bell. On the other hand, it forces me to be patient and give everyone a chance to sort out the issues before I take the plunge. Completely against my nature...
    anyone having trouble accessing the App Catalog right now?
    seems to work all right for me. I sometimes have problems with it, and a restart of my Pre usually solves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    seems to work all right for me. I sometimes have problems with it, and a restart of my Pre usually solves it.
    Thanks for the tip. The restart seemed to do the trick and it's back to working normally.
    come on bell we need this update ASAP. I did not buy this phone to stay in the caveman era
    Mine won't be able to complete the 'checking for updates' now. :-(
    mac i had the same problem and i was getting fustrated (like you are probably right now). I just restarted my pre and it started working again. I really do not understand why Bell has to keep us waiting for his update!!!
    sent Bell an email minutes ago. See if they have an ETA on 1.3.5 update. Bet they are gonna dance around the answer
    It'll probably come later in the week

How about getting those paid apps up here too? I hate feeling like a second-rate customer.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    It'll probably come later in the week

How about getting those paid apps up here too? I hate feeling like a second-rate customer.
    I'll second that. I wonder if Palm is even pushing Bell to get things going, or just leaving them to do what they want. This is assuming, of course, that it's Bell who's holding things up, and not Palm. An official word from one of them would be nice as well.
    Contacted Bell technical support this afternoon. The comment that I received was "...just because Palm has released an update does not guarantee that Bell has to release it..." Really that is just a totally ignorant statement to make. I tend to agree with a dscott23's post #5 regarding the App Catalogue, I hope he is wrong though.

Unfortunately Bell's lousy customer service leaves all Pre owners dangling in the wind because Bell is not indicating when, or even if, they are going to release 1.3.5.

Bell needs to post information indicating yes or no to the update, and if yes, then post an approximate eta.

Everyone should be contacting Bell and asking about the update.....maybe that'll be an indication that the Pre owners actually care.
    Bell are too busy pushing the iphone to worry about the Pre anymore.
    I have yet to receive a reply from them also on this matter. If they don't have an eta or keep us in the dark on updates and app catalog they will get back the 2 Pre's I purchased from them a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    The comment that I received was "...just because Palm has released an update does not guarantee that Bell has to release it..." Really that is just a totally ignorant statement to make. I tend to agree with a dscott23's post #5 regarding the App Catalogue, I hope he is wrong though.

Unfortunately Bell's lousy customer service leaves all Pre owners dangling in the wind because Bell is not indicating when, or even if, they are going to release 1.3.5.

Bell needs to post information indicating yes or no to the update, and if yes, then post an approximate eta.

Everyone should be contacting Bell and asking about the update.....maybe that'll be an indication that the Pre owners actually care.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainFade View Post
    I have yet to receive a reply from them also on this matter. If they don't have an eta or keep us in the dark on updates and app catalog they will get back the 2 Pre's I purchased from them a month ago
    I wish I could do that I bought it on the release day so I'm stuck now.

It won't be long before I start deriving ways to screw over bell, though.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    wonder if we'd be better off flashing to sprint rom.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast