Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Hey I know I feel your pain. Don't shoot the messenger. Lol. I just saw the message in a different thread.
    LOL - sorry i didn't meet to shoot you at all. Just Bell...!
    Well, I just got the call-back.. and good news! (Hopefully). The Rep I spoke to (Cody), said their system showed that the update would be available tomorrow. I asked what version number is listed, and apparently it's 1.3.5.1. So one more day, and, well.. I'll sort of hold my breath, but I'll believe it once it's downloading
    Hey dscott23, almost the same mail for me except in french :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monsieur Brassard,

Merci de votre récent courriel.

Mon nom est Pascal et, à titre d'information, mon numéro d'employé est

Après vérification complète de votre courriel,je désire vous informer
    qu'à ce sujet, il est nécessaire de communiquer avec notre département
    des Solutions techniques :

- Si vous êtes en Amérique du Nord, composez le 1-877-DATA-123
    - Si vous êtes à l'étranger, vous devez effectuer un appel international
    au 514-420-7748

Veuillez noter que ce département est ouvert 24 heures par jour et 7
    jours par semaine.

J'apprécie, M. Brassard, que vous ayez pris le temps de visiter notre
    site web et vous remercie de faire affaire avec Bell. J'espère avoir
    répondu à vos questions et n'hésitez pas à nous contacter de nouveau si
    vous désirez plus de clarifications.
    For the love of Pre......could it be? I hope sooo.....then tommorow we'll raise our 1.3.5.1 palm and wish for our paid apps.
    we canadain have patients .....hope this is true and we can get excited anout the CES news on thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Odd, below is the response I just received:

Dear Mr. Scott,

Thank you for your recent email.

My name is Karen and for your reference, my employee identification is

It's not odd - you just got some girl who is an *****. I used to do Apple customer service via email for iTunes -- they just put their name in at the top then paste or select a cookie-cutter response

the ***** Karen picked the wrong response.
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Well, I just got the call-back.. and good news! (Hopefully). The Rep I spoke to (Cody), said their system showed that the update would be available tomorrow. I asked what version number is listed, and apparently it's 1.3.5.1. So one more day, and, well.. I'll sort of hold my breath, but I'll believe it once it's downloading
    Group hug
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    It's not odd - you just got some girl who is an *****. I used to do Apple customer service via email for iTunes -- they just put their name in at the top then paste or select a cookie-cutter response

the ***** Karen picked the wrong response.
    That sounds about right. I remember in the past receiving rather long responses, explaining in great detail, something that had nothing to do with my actual problem lol. Thankfully the Tech Support guy at least sounded like he knew what he was doing, so we'll wait and see.
    Hmm.. it also strikes me that they can't just release 1.3.5.1, they'll have to push out 1.3.5, and then 1.3.5.1.. I really don't want to see an update waiting for me tomorrow totaling 1 MB..
  9.    #149  
    I wonder if that's what ill get. I'm on the 1 3 5
  10. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I just called the Tech support line, acted dumb to the info that dscott23 got, and was told that it is in their system for January 6th. Joy! The rep Maria also said it was 1.3.5.1.

Perhaps that is why Bell waited? Perhaps it packages up 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 together? Or perhaps the reps have no clue and we're getting 1.3.5 first and then 1.3.5.1?

Anyway we should be set tomorrow!
    Last edited by Vij; 01/05/2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: i can't type
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    im still sorta new... so when the 1.3.5 comes out for Bell users i

a) remove all themes
    b) remove all patches (using QI or other means)
    c) download and install update
    d) download the sprint 1.3.5 doctor and locate the sprint nav files
    e) install the sprint nav files as done before (i.e. through linux command line using QI)

is that the order?

p.s. with the sprint nav install -- theres 2 files -- which is installed first? i know its important but i forget... must be a link somewhere.. i remember robatille talking about it
    If you do it in the wrong order it just complains, but you want to do the one with "app" in it's name second...
    i hope this info is true. I think what may have happend is that when 1.3.5.1 was released Bell decided to hold back and give it to us all at once?
    Hmm.. it also strikes me that they can't just release 1.3.5.1, they'll have to push out 1.3.5, and then 1.3.5.1.. I really don't want to see an update waiting for me tomorrow totaling 1 MB..
    They should be able to package up 1.3.5.1 as one push... Not much difference, really. I wonder how it will handle mine being at 1.3.5 already? I'm not holding my breath though... I HOPE it comes out tomorrow. If it does, I'll do the upgrade and hope for the best! (The Sprint people have updated from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1 without even removing patches... It's a small change).
    So the Bell tech that I got the email from is clueless. You'd think all the Bell employees would be on the same page.
    Since Bell updated to 1.3.1, I lost Accuweather when I doctored my phone after the app disappeared from the Canadian catalogue. I assume that was because it went to paid app only and since the Bell catalogue is still in Beta and I couldn't purchase it, it wouldn't update and just disappeared. When I flashed the Sprint WebOS on my phone (yes, I finally got it working), my catalogue was still Beta but my Accuweather app had mysteriously returned. Everything is now as I want it, so I'm one that if the Bell update is the same or less than the Sprint update, I'll be leaving the Sprint OS on my phone until the next major update.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    the update is finally here guys
    Right you are. Awesome! 1.3.5.1 at 12MB. Of course I'm just on my way out to a movie lol But nice to know we're not waiting any longer.

Is it just me, or is it taking FOREVER and a day to download?
    Sprint users had the same issue. I think it's probably the immediate strain on the servers. There's more people downloading this than we might think.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yeah its super slow unfortunately
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast