Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    it is technically possible that they have additional apps to deploy with 1.3.5 (although from how i hear you Northerners talking about bell thats pretty much unlikely 'eh?!?)
    Can't see them adding anything... Who knows? They might, but really they are pretty focused on the iPhone and mixed messages about their network(s). They (and Telus) built a new GSM network so they claim the benefits of both networks in the same commercials. "Best call clarity" (which is CDMA, generally) and "highest speed" (which is GSM/HSPA). Of course, your phone only gets one or the other, but who's keeping track?!

Anyway, I agree they could be adding something... About the only think I can think of is streaming TV since they offer that on some phones already. Still, that should just be an app.

I hope that it does come tomorrow, so those not willing to take the plunge like I did can enjoy the 1.3.5 goodness.
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    it is technically possible that they have additional apps to deploy with 1.3.5 (although from how i hear you Northerners talking about bell thats pretty much unlikely 'eh?!?)
    I wish! Very unlikely - it's Bell I think they'd be spending their dollars on more iPhone hoopla.

While I'm wishing... I wonder if Bell (and Sprint) will get the Pre Plus?

Ok time to wake up. XMAS vacation is over.
  3.    #123  
    lets hope the delay is because of a new app catalogue. I think it has more to do with the call centre being ready for it after the holidays more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I still do not understand why Bell is holding back this update. It has been a week! Has anyone receive any informaiton on this?
    For the most part it's probably just Bell being Bell (they never released any firmware updates for my Treo 650 or 700p, even though new/refurb devices shipped with newer firmware than my original purchase), but there could be genuine technical reasons...

For one, this update includes fixes to boost battery life in fringe reception areas, so that sounds to me like a change to the modem/firmware config, which is something that Bell would certainly want to trial before letting it out onto their network.

My guess is that while my phone is now running WebOS 1.3.5, it probably still has older modem firmware/config in the radio portion so I don't expect to see much of a battery life impact with this frankenstall. I'll be re-doctoring with the real thing when it comes out...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    For the most part it's probably just Bell being Bell (they never released any firmware updates for my Treo 650 or 700p, even though new/refurb devices shipped with newer firmware than my original purchase), but there could be genuine technical reasons...

For one, this update includes fixes to boost battery life in fringe reception areas, so that sounds to me like a change to the modem/firmware config, which is something that Bell would certainly want to trial before letting it out onto their network.

My guess is that while my phone is now running WebOS 1.3.5, it probably still has older modem firmware/config in the radio portion so I don't expect to see much of a battery life impact with this frankenstall. I'll be re-doctoring with the real thing when it comes out...
    Could be what you suggest (i.e. the modem firmware) but on the other hand, that wouldn't be in the WebOS.tar, but in the CDMA config ipk that Bell puts out. The structure of the WebOSDoctor file leads me to believe that they won't even touch the base WebOS and will just slam their configs on top. I agree that they are probably doing more testing, but my guess is simply that they are focused on new GSM networks stuff and are now splitting their people between the two networks and haven't gotten around to it.

I will probably re-doctor as well, although I may just look at the bell packages first and see if there are any updates. Might just be their testing cycle on existing configs takes longer than Sprint. Maybe there are no updates at all, in which case I'm probably not going to bother. I mean, I have 1.3.5 already, and unless Bell brings more than configs I already have, what is the difference?
    ummm it's jan 2010

I STILL have 1.3.1 even though im 111000% positive i've already updated to 1.3.5
    ***?

now when i go to UPDATES it says my phone is up to date even though im still at 1.3.1

please somoene help?

fyi i've installed sprint nav on my bell if this has anything to do with it ?

edit: wow.. n/m i guess 1.3.5 isn't avail yet for bell users

PATHETIC
    Last edited by Funkadelick; 01/04/2010 at 12:15 PM.
  7. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I can say with 100% confidence that the battery life on my phone is WAY better with 1.3.5. Currently I have been off charger for about 5 hours, and I am at 76%, previously at this time I would be probably around 50% or lower and would be pulling out the charger.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    ummm it's jan 2010

I STILL have 1.3.1 even though im 111000% positive i've already updated to 1.3.5
    ***?

now when i go to UPDATES it says my phone is up to date even though im still at 1.3.1

please somoene help?

fyi i've installed sprint nav on my bell if this has anything to do with it ?

edit: wow.. n/m i guess 1.3.5 isn't avail yet for bell users

PATHETIC
    Yeah - those of us with 1.3.5 have taken matters into our own hands and not waited for Bell.
    interesting!!! you guys are smart and sneaky... wicked combo

question. did you have any issues regarding sprint nav? assuming you had it prior to 1.3.5

did you get around that? cuz i NEED sprint nav badly (in a new city don't know my way around)

also, if you did get the new sprint nav, do you know of any new features or noticeable differences ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    interesting!!! you guys are smart and sneaky... wicked combo

question. did you have any issues regarding sprint nav? assuming you had it prior to 1.3.5

did you get around that? cuz i NEED sprint nav badly (in a new city don't know my way around)

also, if you did get the new sprint nav, do you know of any new features or noticeable differences ?
    I put the new version of Sprint Nav on as well. Took about 3 minutes... There is an update to the Nav (one of the two packages) but I think it's a fix and not a required update. Easy enough to grab the Sprint files and throw them on the Pre and install again.

I've heard the latest Sprint Nav fixes some of the stuttering and voice glitches...
  11. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Yes, I installed Sprint Nav as well, seems to work fine so far.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Sprint running 1.3.5.1 and we still have yet to get 1.3.5...
    I'm not running EAS, but I can do a new version of the Bell Doctor with 1.3.5.1 if anyone wants it. Well, once the WebOSDoctor for Sprint is out.
  14. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I read from another post in a different link from a guy who said he talked to Bell and it was supposed to come out January 5th. Sounds plausible.
    January 5th - check

Patches removed - check

Coffee at hand - check

Update says... #&@%
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I put the new version of Sprint Nav on as well. Took about 3 minutes... There is an update to the Nav (one of the two packages) but I think it's a fix and not a required update. Easy enough to grab the Sprint files and throw them on the Pre and install again.

I've heard the latest Sprint Nav fixes some of the stuttering and voice glitches...
    im still sorta new... so when the 1.3.5 comes out for Bell users i

a) remove all themes
    b) remove all patches (using QI or other means)
    c) download and install update
    d) download the sprint 1.3.5 doctor and locate the sprint nav files
    e) install the sprint nav files as done before (i.e. through linux command line using QI)

is that the order?

p.s. with the sprint nav install -- theres 2 files -- which is installed first? i know its important but i forget... must be a link somewhere.. i remember robatille talking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    January 5th - check

Patches removed - check

Coffee at hand - check

Update says... #&@%
    Hey I know I feel your pain. Don't shoot the messenger. Lol. I just saw the message in a different thread.
    Email I got from Bell today. Very helpfull

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent email.

My name is Alex and for your reference, my employee identification is

Upon full review of your email, I wish to inform you that the Palm WebOS
    1.3.5 update has been delayed and is not yet available in Canada.
    Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe from its
    release or the reasons why it has been delayed.

Additionally, I wish to inform you that Bell Mobility does not manage
    the paid applications catalog available to the Palm Pre.

I would like to thank you, Mr. XXXXX, for using Bell's website and for
    choosing us as your wireless communications provider.

Kind regards,

Alex
    Bell Mobility - Online Client Care
    Can you give us the email of the Bell agent, so this way we can all send him a mail about the update ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFade View Post
    Email I got from Bell today. Very helpfull

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

My name is Alex and for your reference, my employee identification is

Upon full review of your email, I wish to inform you that the Palm WebOS
    1.3.5 update has been delayed and is not yet available in Canada.
    Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe from its
    release or the reasons why it has been delayed.

Additionally, I wish to inform you that Bell Mobility does not manage
    the paid applications catalog available to the Palm Pre.

I would like to thank you, Mr. XXXXX, for using Bell's website and for

Kind regards,

Alex
    Bell Mobility - Online Client Care

JESUS CHRISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

what is wrong with these guys? if it's not Bell's issue, then obviously it's Palm's -- in which case it begs the question: *** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
    Odd, below is the response I just received:

Dear Mr. Scott,

My name is Karen and for your reference, my employee identification is

Please contact our Technical Solutions department for more information
    on the upgrade for the Palm Pre. At this time we do not have the
    information available for this program. You may reach this department by
    dialing 1-877-328-2123 from a landline phone. This department is open
    24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I would like to thank you, Mr. Scott, for using Bell's website and for

I've contacted Tech Support, and am waiting on a call-back. I didn't ask about the App Catalog, just the update.. I'll post back once I've spoken to them.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast