Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    My process hangs at 3%. Took my daughter sledding...came back 2 hours later, still at 3%. I guess Bell really does not want me to have this update.
    can this modifed file be uploaded on rapidshare or something similar please.
    Miles, not sure why it's taking you so long. Took 15 - 20 minutes for me....

BrainFade, I could throw the file up somewhere, I suppose. It's not small though. (Will take a bit to upload it).

I won't post the link here but if you PM me I'll give it to you.
    Last edited by bill.millett; 01/01/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Where can I download sprint 1.3.5. to cook the rom? I try using quick install 2.96 to download sprint webos. It seems sprint 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    Where can I download sprint 1.3.5. to cook the rom? I try using quick install 2.96 to download sprint webos. It seems sprint 1.3.1.
    You can download both of the WebOSdoctor.jar files (Sprint 1.3.5 and Bell 1.3.1) from this site:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Harnoy; 01/01/2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added full web link
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    The 1.3.5 file for Sprint was just released (you can search for Sprint 1.3.5 WebOSDoctor and find it, or go to the Palm site and find it). The WebOSQI thread has probably not been updated for 1.3.5 yet...

http://www.precentral.net/webos-doct...e-sprint-users

or:

http://webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions
    Last edited by bill.millett; 01/01/2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Added link from Harnoy
    I have uploaded the file to MegaUpload (it's 188 MB). PM me if you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouty View Post
    How to extract it (with which programm) and how to rextract.. think I've got some problems with this..
    If you are on a Mac then you can use Stuffit Expander; single click on the .jar file to highlight it, then open with the Stuffit Archive Browser. Do this with both files so that you can see them at the same time, different windows. Then drag the WebOS.tar file from the Sprint/resources file and drop it on the Bell file....it'll transfer automatically.
  9.    #89  
    You can't download from the news link. It asks for a suriel number. =( har
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You can't download from the news link. It asks for a suriel number. =( har
    You can get the downloads from WebOs Internals; I posted the link in post #85

Have fun
  11.    #91  
    So,

I installed 1.3.5 and it worked quite nicely. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    So,

I installed 1.3.5 and it worked quite nicely. Thank you.
    glad it worked out.
    Just finished mine now, everything looks good although it couldn't restore my downloaded apps sadly. I'm quite alright with that, though.

GREAT SUCCESS!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I did the update and lost all my contact info! Last time this happened it took Palm 3 weeks to give me my old backup again!

Backup was the last thing I did before 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    On a german Pre you'll have no problems to install the newest Version by following the instructions written here in the thread.. all works.. now playing DOOM..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwen View Post
    I did the update and lost all my contact info! Last time this happened it took Palm 3 weeks to give me my old backup again!

Backup was the last thing I did before 1.3.5
    do you sync with google as well as Palm? If you do, you should have no problem getting your contacts back. If you don't, you should make sure you get a gmail address and uae it as a backup.
    Hey guys, just looking in here once in a while from the natively blessed 1.3.5 side; and i just have to say, i'm really impressed by what you've accomplished.
    *Probably a very stupid question here, but i can't help but wonder (and please don't be offended) but:
    Is it legal?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/02/2010 at 07:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    FYI: I have done this on a German o2 Pre and it worked all good as far as i can tell. Only thing missing is the German translation.
    Unrealy, I'm also in SWT with a German Pre. Did SWISSCOM work without patching the carriernetworksettings after this migration 1.3.1-1.3.5? Or are you on Orange or Sunrise? What about the AppCat? I'm currently on Bell 1.3.1 with patched Swisscom and AppCat, with the AppCat showing 227 apps. Thanks for info
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Unrealy, I'm also in SWT with a German Pre. Did SWISSCOM work without patching the carriernetworksettings after this migration 1.3.1-1.3.5? Or are you on Orange or Sunrise? What about the AppCat? I'm currently on Bell 1.3.1 with patched Swisscom and AppCat, with the AppCat showing 227 apps. Thanks for info
    Can't say about Swisscom as I'm on Sunrise. The App Catalog only shows 44 apps now, on 1.3.1 there were about 70-80 (App Catalog not patched). Actually I have no clue why, maybe it only shows the apps compatible with 1.3.5 now?

Other than that everything is working perfect.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    Can't say about Swisscom as I'm on Sunrise. The App Catalog only shows 44 apps now, on 1.3.1 there were about 70-80 (App Catalog not patched). Actually I have no clue why, maybe it only shows the apps compatible with 1.3.5 now?

Other than that everything is working perfect.
    Thank you for these addditional information. Is there anyone who knows about SWISSCOM in the 1.3.1-1.3.5 update with patched webos file? Or anyone who can confirm that the "old" patch of SWISSCOM is still working? I do have a working CarrierSetting file, and I used to copy it to /usr/lib/luna and /var/luna/data. Should this still work OK, I would give it a try....... Thanks for info
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast