Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Anyone able to share the process to install Sprint NAV on Canadian Pres?

Thanks.
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
    Anyone able to share the process to install Sprint NAV on Canadian Pres?

Thanks.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-bell-pre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainFade View Post
    that would be correct
    Any issues going back to 1.3.1 and then updating? I figure the homebrew apps might get lost again, that kind of thing...
    Doh! Decided to go back to 1.3.1 and then upgrade, and it messed up my phone. ROM error the first time, then tried again, and the 1.3.1 Doctoring didn't work. About to try a 3rd time. sigh

Should have left well enough alone.
    I got the update today. Problems with some apps, including Classic Apps
  6. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I think I will stick with Sprint 1.3.5 on Bell for now. It works great, and I don't want to end up like bill.millett...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I think I will stick with Sprint 1.3.5 on Bell for now. It works great, and I don't want to end up like bill.millett...
    yeah - if this doesn't work this time around, I'm using my modified ROM and going back to 1.3.5
    Woohoo!! Seems to have worked. Third time is a charm! Now to sync, put back all the homebrew apps, patches, and my theme.
    Well, I can't say I'm enjoying the update very much. My Pre is now lagging constantly, apps take about twice as long to open, and it's anything but smooth. It looks as though my data connection is constantly active.. the only time it behaves normally is if I put it in Airplane Mode. Anyone else experiencing this?
    thats strange... my pre is actually faster. Unfortunately the battery life is worst by a bit O.o
    Min was faster for a few minutes, then it seemed like some process started running in the background and never stopped. After a restart it's no better. And yeah, due to the constant data connection, 10 minutes off the charger and it was down 10% :/
    have you tried removing the battery for a couple of minutes?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    hmm that is weird... I had that issue too where the phone started lagging, but it did go away... But battery is definetely worse
    I had a suspicion, and just confirmed it. It was my Gmail account. I changed the Trash folder to be "All Mail", so that deleted emails would be archived as opposed to put into a Trash folder. Apparently my Pre was trying to read all the emails in the new "Trash" folder, grinding it to a halt. Removed my Gmail account, and now it's flying along.

I'll re-add the account now, and see if it happens again.
    Mine is a little bit faster and wifi is acting like Iphone now, stay on when in standby mode.
    Have a good coverage here so baterry life is the same.

Vcard can be send to friend now and they can import with no problem, so this bug have been fix. Very good for me.

Do you think we can use WebOS quick install with the Bell WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 or i should wait for the 1.3.5 version before applying patch ?

PS. Sorry for my so so english.
    Quote Originally Posted by brassardv View Post
    Mine is a little bit faster and wifi is acting like Iphone now, stay on when in standby mode.

Vcard can be send to friend now and they can import with no problem, so this bug have been fix. Very good for me.

Do you think we can use WebOS quick install with the Bell WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 or i should wait for the 1.3.5 version before applying patch ?

The WebOS Doctor version you have in order to run Quick Install doesn't matter unless you're actually going to use the Doctor. Quick Install just needs to be able to find it in order for it to run. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

And for my above issue, it was in fact my Gmail account. I changed the settings to only show email from the past month, as opposed to All Mail, and the excessive lag has stopped. I wish there was at least a setting between 1 Month and All Mail, but if I need anything older I can always jump to the web version for it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My battery life is ridiculously better, based on my day 1 results. I have never been able to go an entire workday without plugging into the car charger before today, now it's 7pm and I'm at 49% still! Granted, it was a light phone-day, but again, I have *never* been able to go a full day without charging, and there was a fair amount of texting today too... hmm, not sure if this counts as "scientific evidence" though
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
    Quote Originally Posted by brassardv View Post

Yeah, you should be able to use it just fine. I use Preware for a lot but WebOSQI to install it and command line stuff, Sprint Nav, etc. Should work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    The WebOS Doctor version you have in order to run Quick Install doesn't matter unless you're actually going to use the Doctor. Quick Install just needs to be able to find it in order for it to run. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

And for my above issue, it was in fact my Gmail account. I changed the settings to only show email from the past month, as opposed to All Mail, and the excessive lag has stopped. I wish there was at least a setting between 1 Month and All Mail, but if I need anything older I can always jump to the web version for it.
    I had my pre set to 1 week for the email trash so this did not happen for me. Good job at pointing that out for future users tho.
    Well I used the Sprint Nav files from the 1.3.1 build and it worked perfectly. When I tried the files from the 1.3.5 build I got an error message stating that my carrier could not respond or failure to log in something to that effect. I wonder if in the sprint 1.3.5 version they made sprint Nav carrier specific?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast