1.    #1  
    I deleted theme and all patches, checked to make sure were all gone, then did the 1.3.5 update. Did NOT delete Preware prior. Preware didn't work, so found info on new pkg mngr file; did that and reinstalled Preware. Worked! Reinstalled all my patches. Then realized that apps from catalog were not downloading. Saw a suggestion to do partial delete; did so. (wish I would have seen post on EMH before seeing this one ) Back working; reinstalled new pkg mngr and Preware. Saw that no patches were installed, so start downloading them from preware... only to get the error that they are already present! Yes, it's true... like 15 patches installed and working... only there's no way to see them nor delete them...even EPR doesn't do it. WOSQI can't see them either. Installed a new patch, and it works and shows up... but then THAT patch can't be deleted either, neither through Preware nor in WOSQI.

SO, it's working... sort of... but how am I gonna get these patches off when I need to? Or even just see which ones they are?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I deleted theme and all patches, checked to make sure were all gone, then did the 1.3.5 update. Did NOT delete Preware prior. Preware didn't work, so found info on new pkg mngr file; did that and reinstalled Preware. Worked! Reinstalled all my patches. Then realized that apps from catalog were not downloading. Saw a suggestion to do partial delete; did so. (wish I would have seen post on EMH before seeing this one ) Back working; reinstalled new pkg mngr and Preware. Saw that no patches were installed, so start downloading them from preware... only to get the error that they are already present! Yes, it's true... like 15 patches installed and working... only there's no way to see them nor delete them...even EPR doesn't do it. WOSQI can't see them either. Installed a new patch, and it works and shows up... but then THAT patch can't be deleted either, neither through Preware nor in WOSQI.

SO, it's working... sort of... but how am I gonna get these patches off when I need to? Or even just see which ones they are?
    Am having this same problem if anyone has any ideas.
    look in the applications box in Webos QI, thats where my patches are showing
  4.    #4  
    I had one show up in WOSQI, but none of the invisible running patches. Just installed NEW patch with Preware; worked and is showing up.

Can Internalz see the invisible patch files? Anyone know where to look?

Would (no, please say no) a Full Erase be a garaunteed fix? I did the partial erase, and wish I didn't because it fixed nothing and lost all my app data (mileage monitor, drPodder feeds, etc.)

I'll donate to anyone who can help!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Checked WEBOSQI none are showing up there either.
    I also have this problem, although I got to this point in a slightly different way. I got my phone replaced today, restored my profile, installed patches, and then the phone decided to erase itself again.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of functioning patches that EPR will not remove.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Any ideas anyone?
  8.    #8  
    I finally gave up when I saw that 1.3.5.1 was out... So I ran EPR, backed up my USB stuff, then took her to the doctor. Now working fine; annoying but not really that hard.
    I gave up too. Since I had just restored the phone after getting a new one, I just doctored the damned thing. Now the phone seems to be working fine except that the battery life has been halfed. I'm trying to figure out if it is caused by the new battery, or the 1.3.5 update.
    yep i had the same problem.
    Jason or Rob I have installed several apps and patches but now they are not showing up in Preware or WebosQuickinstall any thoughts about why this happens and better yet how to fix without doctoring?
    Same here...I'm going to doctor though. It showed up last night in preware, but this morning when I got up, nothing was "installed". The only thing I did was a battery pull to swap the then dead battery with a charged one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason or Rob I have installed several apps and patches but now they are not showing up in Preware or WebosQuickinstall any thoughts about why this happens and better yet how to fix without doctoring?
    Try ERU

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks where is ERU and what does it do?
    thanks that worked I never heard of this before you saved me a visit to the doctor
    Agh, well I missed the time frame on this one. Thanks for future reference though.