Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need help my WebOS Quick install is not detecting my palm pre device.
    You might get more help if you tell us exactly what steps you've tried, what messages you're seeing, and whether you've successfully connected before (and what's changed if so) ... this isn't much to go on.

I believe the most common problems are not being in Developer Mode and not selecting "Just Charge" when you connect the USB. Beyond that, I'm not a WOSQI expert ... but you might have a better chance of catching their attention in the official/primary WOSQI thread.
    Type webos20090606 in the universal search and enable Dev mode. 9 times out of 10 your problem is forgetting to do this.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  4.    #4  
    I connect my palm pre to my usb port and click on just charge, it is already in dev mode. I open my WebOS Quick Install, as a click on the arrow on the left hand side to open the downloads it tells me "No Device Detected, please connect your device then hit ok" after i hit ok it tells me "Error no device detected"
    I too have had this happen. Rebooting the computer seems to take care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by docpsychotic View Post
    I too have had this happen. Rebooting the computer seems to take care of it.
    I rebooted my pc, pull battery on the Pre and itls not working.

Running Windows XP SP2, WebOs V 2.96, novacom running, Pre on dev mode, re-installed couple of times, used different USB cords and ports, but it's not working.

Help!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thats odd...haven't seen that problem yet, usually it is just forgetting to turn on Dev mode, but with that on, I cannot think what your issue may be...will look into more possibilities.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    I rebooted my pc, pull battery on the Pre and itls not working.

Running Windows XP SP2, WebOs V 2.96, novacom running, Pre on dev mode, re-installed couple of times, used different USB cords and ports, but it's not working.

Help!
    Yeah I'm still having issues after i rebooted my pc :-( Mine is the same system and version as yours
    Quote Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
    Thats odd...haven't seen that problem yet, usually it is just forgetting to turn on Dev mode, but with that on, I cannot think what your issue may be...will look into more possibilities.
    Odd? It is frustrating!!!

I will continue checking on the forum, hopefully someone will have an answer for this isssue..............and hopefully it will be very soon..........I can stand my Pre without patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Known As The Student View Post
    Yeah I'm still having issues after i rebooted my pc :-( Mine is the same system and version as yours
    I guess, we will have to continue checking your post or reviewing other posts in the forum until someone can give us an explanation about how to fix it.

If you find a way let me know, I'll do the same with you.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Try turning dev mode off, and then back on. Its a pain because that'll require two reboots, but sometimes the phone thinks dev mode is on, but it really isn't.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    open up the "services" control panel in XP and make sure Palm Novacom service is Started.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    open up the "services" control panel in XP and make sure Palm Novacom service is Started.
    Thanks, i had to reinstall novacom and now it is back up and running. Went to the palm folder listed in my program files and click on the "dpinst" file which is the Driver Package Installer.
    im still having issues with getting quick install to recognize my pre on windows 7. I get an error 11 any help?
    Did you have My Tether installed on your Pre? I had this happen on my Pixi and can't get the Pixi to connect as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have been having the same problem with Vista for days and I've tried rebooting my phone, it's in developer mode, and I've rebooted my computer and still no luck. I installed the update anyway and it erased all my tweaks but the LED notification. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    have that same error on windows vista, really fing annoying, I want to try to find out if I could make the 64 usb inf stick so I dont have to keep reinstalling
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri2e View Post
    I have been having the same problem with Vista for days and I've tried rebooting my phone, it's in developer mode, and I've rebooted my computer and still no luck. I installed the update anyway and it erased all my tweaks but the LED notification. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I found my problem. I had to re-install palm desktop to access my treo a few weeks ago. So I deleted that and re-installed novacom and then WebOS Quick Install worked right away.
    Also not recognizing my pre here as well. On vista, Dev mode on, all most recent versions of everything. Was working right before update.

One interesting thing, now when I plug my Pre in, I am NOT getting the Media Sync/USB/Just charge options, it all that happens is that the battery icon shows the "charging" icon. Its like there is not data connection anymore to computer, just power.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Also not recognizing my pre here as well. On vista, Dev mode on, all most recent versions of everything. Was working right before update.

One interesting thing, now when I plug my Pre in, I am NOT getting the Media Sync/USB/Just charge options, it all that happens is that the battery icon shows the "charging" icon. Its like there is not data connection anymore to computer, just power.
    Well, fixed my problem by.....using a different computer!

Still can't figure out what the problem is with the old computer and the Pre. Nothing worked. But I hooked the pre up to my laptop running Windows 7 and WebOS QI at least connects. Getting a lot of error messages when trying to install patches, so rebooting pre to see if that helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast