1.    #1  
    I have been trying install it on my pre...keep getting the message i have attached a picture so you can see what it says..anyone have this issue? how do you get it to work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if your dragging the package files into quick install it may be the issue. Go to the precorder wiki page Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals and use the command line in quick install to run the commands to install it instead. Just copy and paste the commands one line at at time into the command line and hit enter after each.
  3.    #3  
    may be a noob like ? but i have the quickinstall but don't see the area 'command line' where im spouse to input that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    may be a noob like ? but i have the quickinstall but don't see the area 'command line' where im spouse to input that information.

I'm saying this to save you from a headache down the road.

If you have to ask these questions, don't install Precorder.

The devs who are working on Precorder are doing great work, but they have made it very clear that Precorder is ALPHA level software. That means it has known bugs, and could damage your system. Alpha testing software should only be installed by advanced users who are willing and able to assume the associated risk.

If you still insist on installing it, you shouldn't be using WebOSQuickInstall for any part of the process. Use novaterm, SSH or the terminal application that you can install on your Pre from Preware to get to a 'real' command line.
    i installed precorder with the command line and its not working for me it says its recording then i hit stop and it doesnt save
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i installed precorder with the command line and its not working for me it says its recording then i hit stop and it doesnt save
    Make sure your recording is between 5 seconds to 2 minutes or it will corrupt the video data and output a blank file. Also, the first attempt at recording doesn't work after installing, but any attempts after that should work. If you follow this and the app still doesn't output a video file, I would suggest you reinstall it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Make sure your recording is between 5 seconds to 2 minutes or it will corrupt the video data and output a blank file. Also, the first attempt at recording doesn't work after installing, but any attempts after that should work. If you follow this and the app still doesn't output a video file, I would suggest you reinstall it.
    yeah i put the phone is usb mode and i saw that i had a bunch of videos but they didnt take any memory and they didnt play in the computer either. so ill try what u said i hope it works thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    its not working for some reason i keep getting error and there was an error playing the file
    i have 4 files that say videoCapture_2010_01_01_17_29_01_EST just the last four numbers change and all of them have 0 KB idk whats going on really i installed it 3 times already removing it each time