1.    #1  
    Does anyone else notice a change in their battery life? Its day one after the update, I have all my patches re-installed and it appears my battery is 100 times better than before the update! My phone comes off the charger at 6am and it is 130pm right now and my batt is still at 66%. Before the update I would be at about 25-40% with normal use. I would even say my usage is higher today than normal due to the fact I am reading alot on the web about the update stuff... If this trend continues....Nice work Palm!! Anyone else?? On a side note the browser is alot faster as well!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Mine appears to be better also. However, I wish the Battery Percent patch would work!!!!!!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Mine appears to be better also. However, I wish the Battery Percent patch would work!!!!!!
    I have battery % working on my Pre from Preware(shows up as yellow).
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mine seems to be 1000% better. I unplugged it from the cherger at 8am this morning and have a weak signal in my house. I didn't turn on the wifi to see how well the battery would hold up, and I'm still at 92% Normally I would be down to 50 or less. I'm very impressed with it so far.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Man,this sounds promising. I would love to remove my seidio 2600 battery and get a touchstone.
    My battery seems the same...maybe its just me.
    My battery seemed the same (possibly just slightly worse) with my nearly a month of running 1.3.5 RC1. (Yay, NDA lifted for 1.3.5!!) I believe this had more logging enabled than a typical WebOS release.

I'm guessing 1.3.5 Public will be on par with what I saw in 1.3.1.

The only change battery wise seems to be better use of the cell radio in iffy reception areas.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Opened up Battery Monitor and ran a test with my pre idle for 1 hour, 1.3% per hour, never had a reading this low!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    my standby seems better, but my usage while on web, or whatever seems the same. I really was sucking juice when I using preware for an hour or so
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I installed it and my battery percent works.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Still at 89%!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    It's going to differ for all of us - the battery situation. Those of us living in poor Sprint coverage areas will see a huge boost, but those of us that always had great EVDO reception will notice minimal to no battery life increase. That's why we have a Touchstone guys, so we can charge and go!
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I'm actually getting a different output. Took off charger at like 7:45 am with 90% charge, its 3:15 pm now with 14% left. 7.5 hours and 75% taken off. 10% an hour. I have used it fairly mildly today. Almost same use I normally give the phone, but after the update I have been having horrible battery life it seems.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Still at 85%. I'm shocked.
    hovered at about 88% at lunch time with new update...used to be at about 65%. Looks promising
    Quote Originally Posted by dylandersen View Post
    It's going to differ for all of us - the battery situation. Those of us living in poor Sprint coverage areas will see a huge boost, but those of us that always had great EVDO reception will notice minimal to no battery life increase. That's why we have a Touchstone guys, so we can charge and go!
    I agree since now I am hovering around 3 bars instead of 1 in my apt. (which is made up of material that just destroys the sprint signal), but walk outside about 1000ft and you get full service at your disposal.

This service update has def helped me to conserve juice as its been 11hrs thus far off the charger and i am still at 65% so i def notice it!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I seen an improvement also