1.    #1  
    Any thoughts on possible issues or ramifications if one were to skip the 1.3.5 update, and simply wait until 1.4 drops in January (prospectively)? I'm not thrilled about the idea of re-doing all my patches, and so far the changelog for 1.3.5 hasn't yielded any game-changers for my personal use of the phone, so I'm content with waiting. Thanks!
    1.3.5 is much faster and the app catalog is much much better than it used to be. Also just install the new EMH (Emergency Migration Helper) from Webos QI and it takes care of everything if you have issues with downloading apps from the catalog.
    Unless you tweak, I believe that after 2 weeks the Pre will update it self.
    Removing, updating and then reinstalling patches will not take hours of your time. No reason to wait for the next update....when that will be is completely speculative. 1.3.5 includes a long list of improvements and fixes.

Being a patcher means that your going to have to do a bit more screwing around than a stock user...
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 12/29/2009 at 12:35 PM.
    Took me all of 20 minutes total to manually remove all patched and install back. I only have 20 or so patches, so no big deal. I couldn't get EPR to work with 1.3.5 RC1. Should be even easier with that.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Unless you tweak, I believe that after 2 weeks the Pre will update it self.
    10 days to be exact...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I think 1.3.5 is an important release because of the change to where apps are installed ... it actually moves all of your installed apps. You would hope that the next release would also handle this, but there's no guarantee and personally I wouldn't take that chance.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    if you were gonna skip a patch, 1.3.1 would have been the one: 1.3.5 is phenomenal, aside from some issues
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I think 1.3.5 is an important release because of the change to where apps are installed ... it actually moves all of your installed apps. You would hope that the next release would also handle this, but there's no guarantee and personally I wouldn't take that chance.
    Unless they are going to support staged upgrades, they will need to assume that NIB phones running 1.3.1 and lower will be out for sometime to come, and the chances exist for app catalog apps to be installed on those before they get to 1.3.5. SO I think they will have to keep the migration in for the duration of 1.x at least.
    1.3.5 is a major update,

but I understand you patchers, this is one of the reason I use homebrew apps, but no patches and themes. Its just too much a hassle.
    I understand what your gripe is, but I just remember back to the earlier days of WebOS patching where we had to manually edit the files themselves. I used to spend hours on end to input like 10 modifications. With Preware, this is so much easier.

I would recommend updating anyways. You don't have a choice unless you tweak your WebOS device to ignore updating. The App Catalog and Web Browser got a decent amount of updates.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muskrat2k1 View Post
    Any thoughts on possible issues or ramifications if one were to skip the 1.3.5 update, and simply wait until 1.4 drops in January (prospectively)? I'm not thrilled about the idea of re-doing all my patches, and so far the changelog for 1.3.5 hasn't yielded any game-changers for my personal use of the phone, so I'm content with waiting. Thanks!
    The change-log isn't all inclusive. There are fixes/changes that aren't included in the list. Upgrade man!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  13.    #13  
    Thanks to those who addressed the question instead of just encouraging me to update because you think it's worth it. The info about the Pre updating itself after 10 days (or even 2 weeks) is invaluable. Thanks!