1.    #1  
    so looks like Yahoo messenger is now built in alongside google chat.

GREAT !!

but , i use yahoo for work and gchat for personal.... so I only like to have yahoo on when at work or working from home. right now it seems like if i am online, i must be online for BOTH gchat and ymessenger.

any idea how i can customize and be online gchat, but offline ymessenger?
    Yahoo Messenger was added with WebOS 1.3.1
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  3.    #3  
    cool , so probably alot of ppl know that answer
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I haven't seen an option to sign in just one of them.
    There was a patch in webos 1.3.1 which allowed YM to be signed into invisible mode tho'
    Yeah go to preferences and you can log out of individual IM accounts.
  6.    #6  
    u sure about that ?? i see that you can remove accounts , dont see where to log out
    The messenger system for the pre outright sucks. IT sucks it sucks it sucks.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    My Pre has yet to be able to login to yahoo IM, gtalk is fine, for yahoo IM it appears to be logged in but no buddies, if I use a regular Im on my Pc or even meebo I see buddy list, so I know they're online....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    My Pre has yet to be able to login to yahoo IM, gtalk is fine, for yahoo IM it appears to be logged in but no buddies, if I use a regular Im on my Pc or even meebo I see buddy list, so I know they're online....
    same here, Palm hasn't seemed to been able to fix it by looking through their forums

some people have been using the web version of yahoo IM or meebo, but they don't give notifications, which is what i want
    I've found that with Yahoo, if you send a message while not signed on, the phone will sign on automatically to send the message.

Have you tried sending a message to a Gtalk contact without actually signing on?
    Maybe it will just log you onto Gtalk and not Yahoo that way.
    Though it does seem a bit annoying to 'kick start' it by sending the first message. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I fond the same. I checked to see if my yahoo acct was still under contacts and it was not. Once i readded it there it worked fine.

Also a few other tips, the green dot in the center of the sign on/off button shows you are connected to all accts. If it is 1/2 full then 1 or more of your accts are not logged on. (this is how i knew my yahoo was not signing in)

To log on to just one or more accts, first sign off via the button. Then go into each acct you want to log into and sign on. Tedious, but it works.

Hope that helps
    Do a search of this forum and the fix for the Yahoo problems is somewhere. I used it myself and it fixed all the problems.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    I fond the same. I checked to see if my yahoo acct was still under contacts and it was not. Once i readded it there it worked fine.

Also a few other tips, the green dot in the center of the sign on/off button shows you are connected to all accts. If it is 1/2 full then 1 or more of your accts are not logged on. (this is how i knew my yahoo was not signing in)

To log on to just one or more accts, first sign off via the button. Then go into each acct you want to log into and sign on. Tedious, but it works.

Hope that helps

how do you go into each account and log and sign into only the account you want???
    Quote Originally Posted by onickjo View Post
    how do you go into each account and log and sign into only the account you want???
    go to your messenger menu, preferences and accts, then click on each one you want to log into.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Hope that helps

Mine brings in all of the contacts just fine, email works great, I don't use the calendar but i checked it and it works fine too. Its only yahoo IM that doesn't work. I can get gtalk to work fine also. I've tried doctoring my Pre and that didn't help either.