1.    #1  
    Well folks the new update is upon us and so is all the posts and threads with all the issues and concerns (nothing new there)

Anyway from what I am experiencing the phone is snappier, usually is for the first few weeks, the real test is when things settle in and if it slows down or lags, also the battery so far is superior! Only at 94% as I type and it's been off the charger since 830am and it's still in the green!

the app catalog seems like there is an issue as I tried dling cellfire and it failed as well as restarted my phone saying an adjustment was needed

The scrolling seems more accurate as does the link touching, everything else seems the same....
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 12/29/2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I found the opposite after 1.3.5 - phone is sluggish and the battery is currently at 25% since I took it off the charger at 7:45am EST. No different usage than other days and I'm usually at about 65 - 70% about now.
    I feel like I have a new phone. The browser is tons better. The battery lasts longer and it is much snappier. In 1.3.1 just scrolling through the contacts would hiccup. Now it is smooth.

But I am still upset the update won't fold me clothes and mow my yard!

This update did wonders for my battery and phone in general
    It sometimes takes the battery meter a couple of days to recalibrate Frrrunkis. When 1.3.1 hit I was having an issue with the charge dropping quickly. I just let the phone drain down until it shut off, then charged it back to full for a couple of days. Things returned to normal after that.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hmmm...I'm considering doing a partial erase. I've barely done any patching or homebrewing but I feel like it will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    the app catalog seems like there is an issue as I tried dling cellfire and it failed as well as restarted my phone saying an adjustment was needed
    A lot of folks (myself included) had App Catalog problems. Seems that some Homebrew apps prevented the new app re-location from completing successfully. The latest Preware has an Emergency Migration Helper utility which will fix this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    Hmmm...I'm considering doing a partial erase. I've barely done any patching or homebrewing but I feel like it will help.
    I did this and my Pre runs like a race car. It also has no problem installing apps from the app catalog now.
    Pretty certain that results WILL vary pending on why apps/patches/leftovers on our devices. Whenever that 1.3.5 doctor comes out, I plan to just using that to update the device and go from there. Time for a clean slate.
    I suggest you also do a network update and PRL update. I know people dismiss this as not having a factor as its just a tower priority list update but for most people it seems to help alot. Dont ask me why.
    I have been running Battery Monitor for 12h32m current %63 with Drain Pre Hour is 2.36. I have browsed the web for 20 mins with 20 text messages and around 10min of Paratrooper also have received 10 emails and only have 2-3bars. I'm running the stock battery and while it's not a huge increase I feel like the battery is stronger.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    My phone is still at 55% after having been off of the charger for about 6 hours. This is also after going underground for about 40 minutes (which usually kills the battery). I'm thinking they did something right with the battery on this update.
    After installing the 1.3.5 update my battery drains very fast. With light use I used to be able to get though a day, but now with light use I have to re-charge several times a day. What's up with the battery draining so fast?