Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody else getting the flash of a message when the device it turning on or starting? It almost looks like the do not remove battery message that you saw while waiting for the update. Its right about when the screen dims and the glow starts behind the Palm logo. Thinking about using the Dr, has anyone tried the Dr and lost their contacts?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Wait for WebOS Doc 1.3.5 to be out, if you want to use it. A few people are having problems with the older version.
    i did see that once. it was not long after the update. i had the issue with the app catalog and was unable to fix it, so i doctored down to 1.3.1 (and almost stayed, cos i loved it that way with my patches), and then updated. i'm just getting around to trying everything out, but i haven't seen that again.

to answer your question: i lost no contacts. it took almost fifteen minutes to doctor and then about another ten to update my profile. there are just a couple of people that i have to re-link, obviously.
  4.    #4  
    All I can say is wow, each update seems to be getting worse.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Well rem looks like you should move to another phone. It is obvious that this is a great update and since it does not meet your needs. bye
    I was getting that flash too, I think it's the notification between the installing and resetting of the phone. I pulled my battery 3 times before it finally went away, it was like my phone never fully reset.
    NoResults: What an incredibly helpful post.

Rem: I didn't notice it. I had a pretty clean install / upgrade though. Are you running 1.3.5 now?
  8.    #8  
    I think I have it resolved, I just did a full erase. Seems to be working great now. I wonder what happened.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    Well rem looks like you should move to another phone. It is obvious that this is a great update and since it does not meet your needs. bye
    Why is there always one jerk in the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Why is there always one jerk in the crowd.
    Only because you mentioned every update getting worse. This is not the case at least in my opinion.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  11.    #11  
    Look at the issues thread already, tell me its a good update.
    <sarcasm> well... I guess its better than 1.3.1 update </sarcasm>
    Live free or DIE!
    It's a good update. Once again a minimal amount of people are having problems, which flood to the forum so the number of posts don't clearly represent the general populace.

And once again there are plenty of people who updated without following all procedures recommended by the patcher team.

As far as your issue though it sounds really minor, if anyone else is experiencing it the smart thing to do would be to ignore it but notate any real problems which may be associated. And if you were to doctor your phone back to 1.3.1, remember that there have been problems with conflicts between updates, so don't log into your old profile if you've backed up once in 1.3.5. Instead, create a new profile, than update, than re-run the first-time app this time logging into your profile.
    Palm updates its base OS, and does not do testing on the myriad of unauthorized patches.

If your phone runs into issues and you have never done anything to it, then you might have a beef with Palm. However, if you have more patches than a pack of pirates then you might want to look inwardly for the problem first.

As for Rem's issue, I have been there before way back in 1.2.x days. Full erase fixed mine too. Very odd.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Its only a bad update for those that can't follow directions. For everyone else this has been the best update to date.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  16.    #16  
    Well if I offended anyone with my post I apologize. And I did follow the directions to the T. I can tell you one thing for sure after I did the full erase it now has become lightning fast.
    I just did two restarts and also got that flash after the third "glow" behind the Palm logo...going to do a battery pull and see if that gets rid of it.
    After two battery pulls it is still doing it..Probably going to leave it for a bit and see if it goes away..or if I get bored enough I think I might do a full erase, one question though, what WebOS version does a full erase take you too?
  19.    #19  
    the same one you updated to, only the webos Dr can change the firmware.
    the same one you updated to, only the webos Dr can change the firmware.
    thanks..I might end up doing it..its going to be a slow day at work tomorrow, so it will keep me busy for a while
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast