1.    #1  
    As detailed in various threads in this forum, data is no longer working for amongst other vodafone NL (private) customers in 1.3.1+. I posted about this in the Palm forums as well some time earlier, and today jcouto replied (vodafone ES), with some observations on the modem firmware, with an attached modemupdater.log.

Anyone around here with knowledge of modem firmwares to would like to take a look at that log, and comment on it (esp if it could indeed be related to issues seen?) If so, would it be possible to revert to an older firmware without risk (e.g. by replacing the firmware in a metadoctored image?

The thread over there is at Re: Data no longer working in 1.3.1 with vodafone / GSM / O2(DE) - webOS Software - Palm Support Community

Message attached here as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'll donate $30 to anyone who can fix this problem in 1.3.1 and 1.3.5..
  3.    #3  
    I'll double that.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, tried reflashing the firmware (as suggested in the thread @palm) - that didn't help. Tried flashing the 1.1.3 modem firmware, also didn't help. Tried the PmWanDaemon/libPmWanDaemon.so from 1.1.3 and that didn't work either: PmWanDaemon ket sigfaulting (not suprising, as I didn't move over all related so files).

Is there a way to convert the PmWanDaemon into something fully self-contained?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    What about libPmWanPppPlugin.so ?
    I'll add 30$ donations for a solution as well.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Count me in for the $30 for a solution to this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    What about libPmWanPppPlugin.so ?
    Looking at my notes, that's the one I meant in the first place (the .so I mentioned doesn't exist...)
    FYI it has been solved for 1.3.1, I am testing it for 1.3.5 as well now.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...1-1-3-5-a.html
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.