1.    #1  
    So since updating to 1.3.5 I no longer get visual notification when receiving txts (and I'm assuming emails too) when the screen is off. Prior when getting a txt the screen would light up briefly, no longer does. So when I have the ringer set to off and vibration disabled, I have no way to no when I receive a txt.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet but was this an intended change?
    I am having a similar problem however my text popups work, but not my emails. I thought it was because I didnt uninstall my patches before updating, so I did a full erase this morning to see if that would help, but it didn't.
    I got mine just like normal. Brief light up and my vibrate w/the ringtone on my text.
    I posted this issue up in the "Issues" thread.

I get visual notification for texts but not emails.

Edit: If you go into the Messaging preferences, you may have the "Show Notifications" set to Off if you're not getting a notification on texts. But there's no similar option for emails.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I got mine just like normal. Brief light up and my vibrate w/the ringtone on my text.
    Hrm, thats strange then. I've never installed patches and I dont get the brief light up whether the ringer switch is on or off. Same results whether I get an email or a txt. Maybe I'll try a battery pull. I've restarted a couple times but that hasn't fixed it.
  6.    #6  
    So I just figured out that it only when when enabling "Show when locked" under notifications in the screen & lock section.

Not sure I like that behavior because I dont want to necessarily see the message on the lock screen, I just want to be notified.
    When my screen is locked or unlocked I get the light up that shows the lock and the visual alert. hmmmmmmmmmm and I have no patches installed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    When my screen is locked or unlocked I get the light up that shows the lock and the visual alert. hmmmmmmmmmm and I have no patches installed.
    Do you have the "show when locked" enabled or disabled?
    I'm not that techy so I don't know. All I know is when the screen is in sleep mode (black) and it's locked or even if it is unlocked when I get a text my phone gets the little 'conversation bubble', vibrates and ringtones go off. If it is locked I get the locked notice and have to slide it to unlock to read the text....
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So I just figured out that it only when when enabling "Show when locked" under notifications in the screen & lock section.

Not sure I like that behavior because I dont want to necessarily see the message on the lock screen, I just want to be notified.
    The text message notification behavior has not changed with 1.3.5. Previously, the screen would still turn on, show the first part of the message, and turn off. Still functions after the update.
    Same thing here- screen no longer turns on when email received. I have "show when locked" under notifications; never installed any patches. Was hoping that there would be LED notification with new patch- now with screen not turning on, am very disappointed. My days with the PRE are numbered.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    The text message notification behavior has not changed with 1.3.5. Previously, the screen would still turn on, show the first part of the message, and turn off. Still functions after the update.
    It does behave differently because prior I had show notifications turned off because I did not want to see part of the message, just have the lock screen turn on briefly to notify me. Thats how it worked prior to 1.3.5. Now when notifications are turned off, the screen does not light up when receiving a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    It does behave differently because prior I had show notifications turned off because I did not want to see part of the message, just have the lock screen turn on briefly to notify me. Thats how it worked prior to 1.3.5. Now when notifications are turned off, the screen does not light up when receiving a message.
    Oh my bad...I thought you meant that with the "Show Notifications" turn ON, that you were saying it didn't show the actual message.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    This change bugs me as I want to see the icon and message summary/clip. Maybe it's part of Palm's secret 'better battery performance' enhancement.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    When in sleep mode and ringer switch set to vibrate only, My screen remains black, vibrates and no light indication as before whereas the slide to unlock screen would show before. But I have LED blink notifications patch installed so this helps because it immedietely glows to let me know I have a missed notification. I also assume this "change" is to help improve the battery life system.
    im having the same problem to, i had to instal the led notification patch so i can no when i have a new txt or email since the screen dont light up anymore. but it seems now my battery is dying faster.