Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble gaining access via SSH since upgrading to 1.3.5.

I've tried my usual method (Filezilla) and Putty and neither works - they just time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Anyone else having trouble gaining access via SSH since upgrading to 1.3.5.

I've tried my usual method (Filezilla) and Putty and neither works - they just time out.
    Mine has worked (I just now Doctored my phone, but both PuTTY and WinSCP were working before I did so).

By any chance are you using dynamic DNS?

I had thought SSH was broke a few days ago, when I noticed something interesting. For whatever reason, my dynamic DNS was not working when not using WiFi. When troubleshooting (by using PuTTY with the actual IP address instead of the name), I tried to trace back to the host for dynamic dns, and got a "route not found". My guess is that Sprint is blocking the route. Doesn't work for them on WiFi though.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm not using the Dynamic DNS. I am entering in the IP address each time and connecting (or trying to at least ) via my WiFi network.

For now I'm using Internalz to locate files and I will have to doctor anyway (long story) so I'll wait until later to see if things work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I'm not using the Dynamic DNS. I am entering in the IP address each time and connecting (or trying to at least ) via my WiFi network.

For now I'm using Internalz to locate files and I will have to doctor anyway (long story) so I'll wait until later to see if things work out.
    I just finished doctoring mine. I'm going to root it after I install 1.3.5. I'll let you know how it goes, if SSH works.
    Its working over wifi and evdo for me....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    After doctoring, updating to 1.3.5 again, and rooting my Pre, SSH is working normally.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up hparsons. I'm assume you Doctored back to 1.2.1 and then upgraded to 1.3.5 and then rooted correct?
    I have to say, I don't know for sure what version I have...
    Build Sprint.110.172 09/30/09. Beyond that, I doctored, installed PreWare (and the service), updated, then rooted.

Edit - I later saw that it was 1.2.1
    Last edited by hparsons; 12/30/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Mine is working for evdo, but wifi is very spotty. I have yet to make it to the home directory prompt with wifi. Pinging the phone is also hit or miss. Not sure what to make of it...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. After doctoring the rooting went fine and SSH is working again.