Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1.    #1  
    If what I read a week ago is right then there are some nice games coming on the pre. I am not a gamer so I do not care much for it but there was a web site that had some nice vidz and pics of 2 games headed out for the pre. I think this will be great for the pre since it will attrack more of an audience. I did not believe it at first since I read about the performance change with the update but I could not see how that could improve on the performance. But after actually testing it out last night, I do believe it is coming. WOW this thing is much faster.

    My main attraction will be to flash. That will be a game changer. Especially since apple it coming out with their islate (which will be similar to the apple tv blunder. Steves been watching to much harry potter. If you watched the movie you already know what is coming out in 2010.) But if the pre comes out with great flash mechanism, the apple thunder will be no more. Portability, non subscription service, no boundaries will be key. Right now no phone can serve the net in all its glory within a tolerable speed. FLASH will change that. Do not have to wait for full HTML 5 to get off of the drawing board. This is here and now. The game can be changed. Flash will do it and apple will not have it. To bad for those iphone owners waiting for apps to make up for their butchered internet surfing. Funny how apple/apple developers can take what is free on the internet and placing it in a app for the iphone so that they can charge people. Call me crazy but that sounds like manipulative sales practices.

    Since i do not believe in communism or dictatorships, the iphone will not be my cup of tee.

    Palm pre for me and my free minded people. Android is ok but it reminds me too much of winmo. A very clunky os that has a huge potential to crash a lot.

    OPEN SOURCE 2010, FLASH 2010, CLOUDS 2010, SMART NET PHONE 2010. 2010 the year of change. Are you ready? We are just getting started.
  2. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #2  
    Stick to your day job.
  3. #3  
    *jumps up and claps* yeah!
  4. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #4  
    Since this is a prediction thread for people who don't know anything then I feel qualified to toss my opinion in:

    Flash will suck on cellphones

    Flash simply isn't written for cell s scaling and memory consumption will be a major issue. One of the big reasons smartphone websurfing is so successful is because LACKING flash is forcing websites to make more efficient mobile sites. Introducing flash seems like it will be a step back for smartphone web surfing.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Stick to your day job.
    My day job allow me to make more than you several times over. Thus I am allowed a lot of free time.

    Better yet you should probably get a job.

    let me guess iphone apple follower or is it the droid follower?

    why do people without palm pre/pixi comment on this board?

    no life, scared people will find out that what they own is not the best device, make themselves feel better, what is it? They profile serial killers and other people.

    Lets profile the troll. What do you imagine a troll to look like? where are they financially? do they have friends? are they on psychiatric medication? ETC.
  6. #6  
    Those metaphors are as chunky as my wife's chili.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Since this is a prediction thread for people who don't know anything then I feel qualified to toss my opinion in:

    Flash will suck on cellphones

    Flash simply isn't written for cell s scaling and memory consumption will be a major issue. One of the big reasons smartphone websurfing is so successful is because LACKING flash is forcing websites to make more efficient mobile sites. Introducing flash seems like it will be a step back for smartphone web surfing.
    Good points, but it will do good things for the Pre nonetheless.

    First, there are some websites and services that simply won't work without it. I have a subscription to an on demand video archive that uses Flash. Being able to access that from my phone will be awesome.

    Second, the Pre currently lacks in the area of quality 2D games and Flash will fix that virtually instantaneously. There are tens of thousands of these already written for Flash that will fill a big hole in the Pre's app library.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Since this is a prediction thread for people who don't know anything then I feel qualified to toss my opinion in:

    Flash will suck on cellphones

    Flash simply isn't written for cell s scaling and memory consumption will be a major issue. One of the big reasons smartphone websurfing is so successful is because LACKING flash is forcing websites to make more efficient mobile sites. Introducing flash seems like it will be a step back for smartphone web surfing.
    Well not really. the net is not just text and images. it is video and interaction as well. net no flash = black and white TV. Net with flash = Color HDTV. The adobe web site actually displays several flash web pages at once and that was on a pre without todays update. That video was made several months ago at adobe labs. Not youtube or some site that is not trusted. The demo of flash on the pre was done at the adobe labs. Actually the pre can handle flash better than a winmo phone with a snapdragon processor (that processor is mor powerful than the pre processor or any other smartphone processor out now)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Stick to your day job.
    +1
  10.    #10  
    As much as I would love to play +1 -1 with you. Move out the way so we can talk business. If you can not debate or talk the issue, let people that have sense talk. Provide comments or debate about the topic.

    If you can provide a real comment, then provide it so that I can rip it a part. If you make silly comments that do not relate, well just sit on the side lines.

    So there you have, bring something I can work with and I can quickly crush you thought process. Bring silly comments, well I just do not have time to play the games with weaker comments like +1, metaphor, job, etc.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    As much as I would love to play +1 -1 with you. Move out the way so we can talk business. If you can not debate or talk the issue, let people that have sense talk. Provide comments or debate about the topic.

    If you can provide a real comment, then provide it so that I can rip it a part. If you make silly comments that do not relate, well just sit on the side lines.

    So there you have, bring something I can work with and I can quickly crush you thought process. Bring silly comments, well I just do not have time to play the games with weaker comments like +1, metaphor, job, etc.
    So what your saying is that the purpose of this thread is for you to intentionally destroy the opinions of others? Sounds productive....

    I think your getting some resistance because the topic of this thread is extremely general, the OP was oddly written and the contents are basically covered, in part and in whole, in about 20 other active threads.
  12.    #12  
    opinions = nothing. Fact is everything. I do not care if you say that flash will not work when adobe is actually show that is working. Opinions are for politics. This is what we need. Facts, polls on what we want, polls on what needs to be added. Do not care about one persons opinion. If we have needed then when need it now. Do not need opinions for that. Do we need full internet on our phone - yes. do we need smart phone functionality - yes. I do not see we your opinion fits in. Give the majority what they want if it can be done.
  13. #13  
    ^^Huh? You need to read over what your typing before hitting post.

    Opinions are all we have as end users. Polls don't make options facts. Palm sets the rules (homebrew/patches do change that a bit).
  14.    #14  
    Lets see if i can make this clear with an example.

    There is a printer that has all these specs and then I justify why I think it will be good. I then post it on a reply. Some one with then post keep your day job, another sorry individual then say metaphor, etc. What purposes did there comments make none. Tell why or why not things are good or bad. If you can not point out specifics that people can attack then do not comment at all.

    Do not say it is crap unless you can state specific that make it not desirable.

    So for one that states that nothing is being accomplished, your comment proved that you dislike yourself because your comment did not debate anything it did not prove or disprove anything. Just a weak way to comment with out debating.

    opinion vs facts.
  15. #15  
    Oh golly.
  16.    #16  
    theoretically everything is an opinion but things that more people agree upon make it more a derivation of an opinion thus a fact. case in point 1+1=2 is an opinion. In all actuality 1+1 is 0 to infinity. Since more people agree that 1+1=2 that makes it a fact. See your one and your other one might not be one for me it could be zero or it could be two or it could be ten. The majority sets the rules. What is fact is based on the majority.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Oh golly.

    come back when you figure it out
  18.    #18  
    That might be a little to complex

    here is an easier example.
    I see a color (supposedly I have normall vision) and a color blind person sees a color. They are both the same color but I say it is one color but the color blind person says it is another color. Well guess what I win because I am in the majority. So since I am in the majority that person is color blind. What if the color was actually meant to be seen the way the color blind sees the color. Well i still win because I am the majority and the other person gets the label of being color blind. The majority is the deity they can dictated what is right and what is wrong. That is a simple fact (opinion) of life.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    The majority sets the rules. What is fact is based on the majority.
    This is the only post I'm making in this thread, because I'm not getting caught in it's nonsense... but this particular statement is laughable.

    That which is factual has nothing to do with majority. A majority can be wrong. A majority is OFTEN wrong. Fact = truth. Opinions = irrelevant.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

    If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
  20.    #20  
    who sets the truth you or me or we or etc? how did we find the truth. who can dictate what is true? who made any one else better than the other? there are no truths because no one person is qualified to say they are truths.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions