Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I'm sorry you're not happy with the Pre, in all seriousness, perhaps it is time for you to try another platform? If that's an option, I know most people are tied into long term contracts.

    The negativity on these forums does need policing. There's no need to start a new thread each time you feel the need to voice your dissatisfaction, there are plenty of existing threads you could add to.

    Personally? I'm very happy with my Pre.
    I seem random gibberish threads about how amazing, or how much better than X all the time. If those are allowed, so should people with differing opinions.

    I don't think OP was trolling--he voiced pretty common issues that most people just overlook. I've been through this on many different phones and platforms, and it's always the same. You have the majority who can't tell/don't care/get really defensive--then you have a smaller group who want the manufacturer to fix the issue, because you REALLY love what the device SHOULD/COULD be, and have high hopes.

    Then I suppose there is another small group of people who get stuck in the contract and are really unhappy. Typically Sprint will work with you on that front though.
    no 'Thanks'
  2. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "THE NEGATIVITY NEEDS POLICING????!!"
    Are you serious??
    It's a F O R U M !!!!!!
    NOT a FAN CLUB.
    What is so hard to understand about this?
    It needs policing when there are several threads about the same problem(s) posted by different people.

    Oh and you're right, it is a forum, so please try not to get so emotionally involved.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "THE NEGATIVITY NEEDS POLICING????!!"
    Are you serious??
    It's a F O R U M !!!!!!
    NOT a FAN CLUB.
    What is so hard to understand about this?
    Granted it's a forum, some policing needs to be done in regards for those trying to bait people into arguments.

    After all, there are people who try to engage into a discussion with the sole purpose of starting a "flame war" within a community. This isn't anything new to anyone who's been involved in any community.


    One example that comes to mind is reviving topics that were closed because the topic led to inflammatory comments down the road. It's pretty easy to see that these individuals are trying to rehash the same type of conversational tone as the thread that was previously closed. We have had many examples of that happening within this community and I'm sure you are aware of this simple fact.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    It needs policing when there are several threads about the same problem(s) posted by different people.

    Oh and you're right, it is a forum, so please try not to get so emotionally involved.
    Ok. But you do know that there are many "I love My Pre" threads that duplicate each other too, right?
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    there is a huge difference between "uncertainty" and broken. if it doesnt register a touch 9 out of 10 times IT IS BROKEN!!!!!
    No. 9 times out of 10 my first touch doesnt register and i have to tap again.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    No. 9 times out of 10 my first touch doesnt register and i have to tap again.
    I don't want to sound rude, but do you have fat fingers? I've been debating whether to ask you this, since I have friends who hate my pre for the same reason that you do and simply, they aren't the healthiest people out there.

    I agree, 1.3.1 had some serious issues with registering taps, however 1.3.5 seems more responsive.... Well, at least with the hardware I have in front of me.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    Granted it's a forum, some policing needs to be done in regards for those trying to bait people into arguments.

    After all, there are people who try to engage into a discussion with the sole purpose of starting a "flame war" within a community. This isn't anything new to anyone who's been involved in any community.


    One example that comes to mind is reviving topics that were closed because the topic led to inflammatory comments down the road. It's pretty easy to see that these individuals are trying to rehash the same type of conversational tone as the thread that was previously closed. We have had many examples of that happening within this community and I'm sure you are aware of this simple fact.
    Yes, and alot of those legitimate complaint threads, started as real concerns- and then the thread would get hijacked by both the Pre haters and the Pre lovers. Not to mention the drive-by troll, lurkers and whatnots.
  8. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ok. But you do know that there are many "I love My Pre" threads that duplicate each other too, right?
    Yes, and I'd treat them the same.

    By allowing threads that are essentially duplicates (albeit written by different people), threads that really deserve further attention are overlooked because they're buried amongst the rubbish.

    I'm not going to respond to any further baiting.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, but do you have fat fingers? I've been debating whether to ask you this, since I have friends who hate my pre for the same reason that you do and simply, they aren't the healthiest people out there.

    I agree, 1.3.1 had some serious issues with registering taps, however 1.3.5 seems more responsive.... Well, at least with the hardware I have in front of me.
    hahaha i do not. 9% bodyfat here buddy. Nice try tho.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    hahaha i do not. 9% bodyfat here buddy. Nice try tho.
    It was a honest question, sorry to offend you buddy.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    No. 9 times out of 10 my first touch doesnt register and i have to tap again.
    Hi Vick,

    I apologize if this has been answered but I skipped from about the 5th post on the first page to here as I don't care to get involved in the extra curricular activity that some folks around here seem to enjoy.

    While I can't say that I've experienced something as bad as missing 9 out of 10 taps, especially with something as regular as the launcher, I can say that the browser in 1.3.1 was maddening. I thought it was just me as I'd tap a link and nothing would happen. Sometimes I'd tap 8 to 10 times. I'd see the link go gray like the phone recognized it but nothing would happen. After putting 1.3.5 on that particular problem has gone away. Have you put 1.3.5 on?

    What kind of screen protector do you have? I have heard of some users having issues, mainly with the proximity sensor, when their screen protectors are incorrectly installed or moved after installation, etc.

    Lastly, as others have mentioned, what's the result of a visit to the Doctor and working on a clean, unpatched, unrooted, straight out of the box, OS with no screen protectors, etc? If you still have the problem then seek a Sprint store as quickly as you can and get a replacement.
    Terry Rodecker

    Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Yes, and I'd treat them the same.

    By allowing threads that are essentially duplicates (albeit written by different people), threads that really deserve further attention are overlooked because they're buried amongst the rubbish.

    I'm not going to respond to any further baiting.
    I hope you don't think I was baiting you. I was just about to agree with this post.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    It was an honest question, sorry to offend you buddy.
    you didn't. i guess that didn't come across in the plain text there
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, but do you have fat fingers? I've been debating whether to ask you this, since I have friends who hate my pre for the same reason that you do and simply, they aren't the healthiest people out there.

    I agree, 1.3.1 had some serious issues with registering taps, however 1.3.5 seems more responsive.... Well, at least with the hardware I have in front of me.
    I think the bigger your fingers are, the better off you are, in terms of the actual hardware detecting your tap.
    no 'Thanks'
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    The sad part is that the 30 day window you have to try and return can't include all the future updates that are required and could change the way your phone works for the worse.

    What I object to is people who bought the phone weren't thrilled with it, but decided to keep it because they figure future updates would fix what they wanted fixing. You buy the product for what it does now in your hands, not what it can do in the future, because the only thing that's guaranteed to come is that future date, but no update that makes it the phone you want is ever guaranteed.
    whats great is you can download webos dr and flash your phone to what ever version you like, then you can disable the update daemon and presto! no more updates! Of course your stuck in the stone age, but you can keep it just the way you bought it!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "THE NEGATIVITY NEEDS POLICING????!!"
    Are you serious??
    It's a F O R U M !!!!!!
    NOT a FAN CLUB.
    What is so hard to understand about this?
    It's not hard to understand.

    And, as part of a forum, people come her to help them make a decision.

    There have been several instances where potential users have stated that they're leaning against buying a Pre (or have decided against it) because of "all of the problems" they've read about on here.

    For those that register, or even don't register, but just come to get a quick idea before buying, and then are gone forever; those that are repetatively complaining about the same (sometimes non) issues give a skewed view. Some of these folks offering their "opinions" don't even own the device.

    So yeah, a little counter arguming is appropriate.
  17. #117  
    I'll say it again as the list keeps getting longer, the tags on this thread are hilarious
    This signature for rent
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    No. 9 times out of 10 my first touch doesnt register and i have to tap again.
    you say you dont think its a hardware issue. Many people are saying they cant duplicate those results. Are you really so stubborn you will deal with the bad touch screen as opposed to getting it replaced or bringing it in to sprint to have a look??? Seems like you wouldnt care what the issue is as long as its resolved. I can't duplicate this issue at all, I have been trying. Again After 8 replacement pres, NONE of them had as bad a time tapping a link or Icon or anything as you are describing. (although the browser did get stupid post 1.3.1) but Palm seems to have corrected that in 1.3.5 I can only assume you don't care about fixing it as much as complaining about it. Im not going to argue with the "I shouldnt have to get it replaced, Palm shouldnt have as many defects" because you'd be right. They should have better QA, but to say living with a defect and its annoyance is palms fault when you have an option for replacement is well in a word...silly.

    I'm not trying to get into the fray here, but if you'd take it into sprint and duplicate the problem, I am sure they would replace it and you would be free of this stupid defect.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/29/2009 at 04:17 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  19. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    No. 9 times out of 10 my first touch doesnt register and i have to tap again.
    That was definitely the case for me in 1.3.1. The problem is gone (for me) in 1.3.5. And the speed with which the phone responds to my input is greatly improved as well. Especially in the web browser. My son has an iPhone 3Gs and before the update it killed the Palm pre for responsiveness. We are definitely getting closer. Bring on GPU access and we'll be there, IMHO.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I think the bigger your fingers are, the better off you are, in terms of the actual hardware detecting your tap.
    I beg to differ based on how touch screens work.

    Source:

    HowStuffWorks "How do touch-screen monitors know where you're touching?"
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions