Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 132
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    while I don't share this particular issue with Vick and feel the latest update really helped the browser out as far as responsiveness, everyone telling such a valued poster to 'go get the iphone, lulz' is a ******* moron
    Why are they morons? Clearly they don't like the phone so why fill up a forum with usless threads when they have no intention of keeping the phone anyway. All they want to do is complain non-stop about the phone. If you don't like it then GTFO.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    people really complain about seconds??? Mere seconds? Just how vital is that all important facebook update?
    But what if I miss my friend's f@rting update in those 3 seconds. LOL!

    I have never found lagginess on my Pre but that is not to say others don't...however, I don't have an homebrew things or anything other than mostly stock Pre being used. How and I am prefectly happy with the way my phone is...as of right now I can't see of any reason to add any homebrew applications.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post
    Why are they morons? Clearly they don't like the phone so why fill up a forum with usless threads when they have no intention of keeping the phone anyway. All they want to do is complain non-stop about the phone. If you don't like it then GTFO.
    GTFO? says the guy with seven posts. Wow. just...Wow.
  4. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #24  
    You seem to have made the thread just to point out f.anboys. -.-
    Anyway, 1.3.5 seemed to have done the complete opposite for me.

    try doing a good ol' reboot.
    Also something could be wrong with your specific pre.
    If ypu're talking about touch sensitivity in the browser, that was implemented in 1.3.1 to prevent you from accidentally touching links and going off to another website when you didn't want to.

    I did what you told me with the e-mail app. I didn't get those 1-2 seconds of lag. It highlighted in milliseconds but then took around 1.5 real seconds to open up.
    Last edited by Kedar; 12/29/2009 at 10:19 AM.
  5. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #25  
    my pre is snappier than ever. I did doctor my pre due to preware conflicting with 1.3.5 Maybe you should try to doctor back to 1.3.1 then do the update some swear by this.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    GTFO? says the guy with seven posts. Wow. just...Wow.

    I obviously lurk more than I post. Nice try though at a burn. And it seems from your post history the most important thing in your life is facebook so please do us all a favor and get an iphone instead of making pointless threads that could of been simply posted in the issues with 1.3.5 thread.
  7. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Failed argument #2. Why so serious? Why so mad?

    WHY are you letting my discontent bother you?

    yes, 9 times out of 10 and yes it does hang for 3 seconds. And I was being kind when i wrote this. I'm frsutrated so i'm making a thread. Deal with it.

    Go to a Palm loving thread if this one bothers you. I'm not forcing you to participate in this discussion. Be a ****** somehwhere else.

    /pwnage
    You know why it annoys me so much?.... Cause only a fool would stay with a piece of hardware that wouldnt register a screen tap 9 times out of 10 (and since you were being kind... probably it was 11 times out of 10 right?)...
    Or hangs for 3 seconds after all these repeated taps... LOL

    BTW I'll take being called an ****** from someone that cant spell or doesn't realize when he sounds like a whining, unintelligent child....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  8. madcow706's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #28  
    I agree there is lag, and it is more pronounced in certain apps. For one, the email app, is by far the biggest culprit of lag. The email app on the pre is sad. Calendar is 2nd most laggy app, although 1.3.5 has sped it up some, it still has lag. Other then that, Google maps still takes a while to load, and most apps that get web content don't even refresh until some kind of content is downloaded, and you notice it when you run the app, and then there is no screen or a blank white screen for the app. Maybe its the app, or maybe its how Web OS is loading applications. Either way, after hours of use, you learn to deal with it. I really didn't like the lag in the phone application that 1.3.1 brought about. I am glad 1.3.5 fixed that.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Failed argument #2. Why so serious? Why so mad?

    WHY are you letting my discontent bother you?

    yes, 9 times out of 10 and yes it does hang for 3 seconds. And I was being kind when i wrote this. I'm frsutrated so i'm making a thread. Deal with it.

    Go to a Palm loving thread if this one bothers you. I'm not forcing you to participate in this discussion. Be a ****** somehwhere else.

    /pwnage
    if it truly is 9 out of 10 times, and i believe you if you say it's true, then you probably should have gotten a replacement a long time ago. if the phone is really reacting that poorly to touch and takes so long to open pages, it is obviously a bad device. my advice would be to switch it out to another one so that you can experience the Pre and webOS in a way that is closer to what those of us who enjoy it are experiencing. since you have stated in no uncertain terms that it is 9 out of 10 times unresponsive to touch, and hangs for a full 3 seconds so often, i would like to congratulate you on being the most patient person i have ever heard of for dealing with it for as long as you have. either that, or suggest that you may be one of the biggest idiots ever for not trying to get a replacement long before now.

    i truly hope you are able to switch it out to one that is unresponsive closer to the 1 out of 22 times (approx.) that i experience, and has faster loading times. if a new device doesn't do better for you than your quite obviously broken one, you may want to try another phone for a while and look back into webOS in the future. i'd definitely try a new phone first though, since your experience is obviously indicative of malfunctioning hardware.
  10. #30  
    I guess I did have lag on my phone application becuase I just tried it and it worked much quicker now.. Oh and my browser to bring websites and bookmarks is a bit quicker...not a lot.

    I don't have the facebook app but my apps come up quickly...well as quick as my desktop, laptop and netbook.
  11. #31  
    Maybe they're mad because the real vick is stuck behind a desk.
  12. wicketr's Avatar
    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #32  
    When I bought this phone on opening day i knew that it was still a little half-baked, but i never imagined it'd take them so long to get such basic things going. I mean, they just NOW got animated GIFs in the web browser in 1.3.5. Seriously?

    And yes, the speed is a serious issue. I'm hoping and praying that CSS transforms does something to help. I'm not sure when that will be implemented, but hopefully soon. Maybe news about WebOS 2.0 with Flash, GPU, and CSS Transforms at CES? I can only hope.

    But I agree, the biggest thing holding the OS back right now is the speed issues and I'm sure the small development team at Palm isn't helping that. They've finally got it to display consecutive days with significant speed benefits, but they need to move faster on these things. It took them 6 months to fix that.

    ....Anyone also notice that the lag really seems to show its ugly face when you are trying to demo your phone to someone. There's always that awkward 5 seconds of silence as I wait for the apps to load.
  13. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #33  
    how about a video showing you touching the screen 10 times with NO response. I personally dont believe that anyone would keep a phone that is so unresponsive. You either have a broken pre, a poorly applied screen protector or giant sausage fingers.
  14. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Listen... I'm all for one complaning about some issues that they might not like and asking for a solution... but the OBVIOUS over-exaggeration that you have done doesn't help your cause... 9 times out of 10?, seriously?.... Hangs for 3 seconds?... give me a break...

    IF you Pre is that bad... no one in their right mind would stay with something that works so poorly...
    So please if you are actually being accurate... switch your Pre out... and stop with the BS Over-exaggeration of issues... Its Childish and not helpful to anyone... to yourself or this community....

    These Stupid posts are bogging down the real issues and topics...

    /Rant
    +1,000,000

    seriously, if you just stated FACTS, then fine. However, you are either exagerating, or you are a nut case for not returning a clearly defective product. Either way, why would we want to hear about that? You clearly are unhappy with your pre, and love your iphone, so stick to that and enjoy! BBYE!
  15. #35  
    Wow. Broken record in here.


    ummmm... Happy New Year? Happy Holidays... Anyone?
  16. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    When I bought this phone on opening day i knew that it was still a little half-baked, but i never imagined it'd take them so long to get such basic things going. I mean, they just NOW got animated GIFs in the web browser in 1.3.5. Seriously?

    And yes, the speed is a serious issue. I'm hoping and praying that CSS transforms does something to help. I'm not sure when that will be implemented, but hopefully soon. Maybe news about WebOS 2.0 with Flash, GPU, and CSS Transforms at CES? I can only hope.

    But I agree, the biggest thing holding the OS back right now is the speed issues and I'm sure the small development team at Palm isn't helping that. They've finally got it to display consecutive days with significant speed benefits, but they need to move faster on these things. It took them 6 months to fix that.

    ....Anyone also notice that the lag really seems to show its ugly face when you are trying to demo your phone to someone. There's always that awkward 5 seconds of silence as I wait for the apps to load.
    lmfao, yes, clearly the phone knows when you are doing a demo, so it slows down on purpose! OMFG! and why are you doing a demo of a phone you are so unhappy with? to show why you are unhappy? then the lag when demo issue is actually a good thing for you isn't it?
  17. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    while I don't share this particular issue with Vick and feel the latest update really helped the browser out as far as responsiveness, everyone telling such a valued poster to 'go get the iphone, lulz' is a ******* moron
    valued poster? quantity = quality? how is non-stop whining valuable?
  18. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    that's some good failed argument right thurr. hmm hmm good.
    definition of moron: finds his phone unusable, keeps using it just so he can complain about it on a forum.
  19. #39  
    I've read so many of these before & it's odd because my Pre has always been fast & always registers my touch so I'm wondering if it's just build quality of some phones.
  20. tlaz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #40  
    Let the guy rant! Sometimes the Pre is very frustrating. The forum is a place for people to share the good AND the bad of it all. There are days when I shout from the rooftops how amazing the Pre is. Then there are those other days. It's nice to be able to come here and sound off on either occasion. Vick has been part of the forum for a long time. Yes, he's made some negative posts, but he's really contributed. Give the guy a break when he's annoyed. If you don't like the post, don't read it, or don't respond. But the hostility sent his way is just completely over the top!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions