1.    #1  
    IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING PATCHES TO INSTALL? WHY DO THESE UPDATES ALWAYS F UP THE PHONE INSTEAD OF HELPING??
    Every time there is an update thing get crazy for a few days. Palm does not think about "preware" when making these updates, which I understand.

I too am having issues with Preware, I uninstalled it and removed it. I have an .exe file for re installing it on my desktop and it worked but after I installed 30 or so patches. I went back into Preware and it had a package Manager service update and that is when my troubles started. It stopped working again and after re re installing it ( and not adding the updated PMS ( lol) it works , but does not recognize my already installed items.

Any one needs the .exe file email. boggs3010@yahoo.com
    i've re-installed all my patches that i had installed no problem. The only thing that doesn't work is the 'Black-out' theme that i was using.
    Step 1: Install Twitter client of choice. I prefer Spaz, your mileage may vary.

Step 2: Follow @webosinternals on Twitter

Step 3: Don't start patching until you get the all-clear from them

Step 4: Suffer less stress
  5.    #5  
    who uses twitter??
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    lololol! Update still messes up again... hey at least they are trying to do an update at Palm... Nope... I will again not update. Love all my apps and patches way too much. What is supposed to be so special about this update now, enough to "maybe" mess up all my patches? Hmmm just wondering. Is flash working now? Are gifs working then? Sorry, have been swamped with work and medical problems, haven't had the time to read much new one here yet...
    I guess I don't understand the hostility, or the need to get the "all clear" from the webOS internals guys. I haven't seen the "don't install patches yet" from them either. I updated, removed and reinstalled Preware and Package Manager Service and am clipping right along just fine with all the patched I had previously installed.

If you want a phone without any issues whatsover, or don't want to have to worry about issues like these don't install patches or homebrew! My sister and niece both have Pres and they do not patch or homebrew and they have not run into a single problem with updates, backups, performance, etc.