Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just upgraded to 1.3.5, was browsing the app catalog and the phone kept loosing internet connecting. I also noticed the phone was going offline. Just a warning, this update seems to have issues.

I don't use home brewed apps, nor have I performed anything special or hacked this phone.

I updated the PRL and Network settings and it didn't help. Palm told to download webos docter and revert to previous version. Make sure you know what your palm profile id is before reverting. This can be found in Device Info.

After reverting to 1.3.1 my Pre was surprisingly faster. But I'm a glutton for punishment, luckily I didn't get punished. I just re-install 1.3.5 and it seems to be working correctly. My Pre is working correctly now.
    Last edited by drew2fast; 12/29/2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I dont have any such issues so far.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i dont see that either.
    me neither
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i had that. prl update. network settings update. reboot if necessary.
    i have zero issues. Reinstalled preware and all my pacthes that i had installed previously work fine with 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I was having this problem, but as with other issues I started experiencing after the 1.3.5 upgrade (bad performance, higher than normal temperature), but they all went away once the preware/homebrew problem was fixed. In fact I am been streaming over EVDO this morning with no problems.
  8.    #8  
    I did the prl update, network settings update, then restarted it. It's still losing connecting: Phone Offiline. On phone with palm, they are trying to blame sprint network.

I have no home brew apps installed. Just freebies.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Did you have any homebrew installed prior to the upgrade and if so have you fixed that? I think the upgrade process may be getting hung and causing other issues.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    turn on airplane mode and then shut it off
    I have this same issue. I did the network/PRL update, and it seemed okay for an hour or so, but now it's happening off-and-on every few minutes. I even WebOS-Doctored the phone before OTA to 1.3.5.

Sigh. I guess it's time to doctor again.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by drew2fast View Post
    I did the prl update, network settings update, then restarted it. It's still losing connecting: Phone Offiline. On phone with palm, they are trying to blame sprint network.

I have no home brew apps installed. Just freebies.
    Make sure you're not in developer mode. I strangely experience this issue about 50% of the time when I'm in developer mode.
    I have the the phone offline issue. I am unable to access anything airplane mode, dialer etc. There is a blue screen with clouds and a message that says contact sprint. The phone doesn't even charge.

I'm taking it to sprint today.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rheller1 View Post
    turn on airplane mode and then shut it off
    This just worked for me
    My phone did this BEFORE the update. Research google calendar and phone offline...

This update was supposed to have fixed the issue with reoccurring calendar appointments and the phone offline thing. I am still testing that out.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I'm having this issue.
    It seems like the same behavior as when you "Restart Java" from Luna Manager.

Seems to happen when I try to use my Email mostly.
    I have 3, Exchange seems to work fine.
    But Hotmail and Gmail make it freak out.
    Last edited by shock_terminal; 12/29/2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    My Pre was doing this a couple weeks ago as well as suckin the battery at an alarming rate (would use up the batt in about 2 hours-just sittin there). At the time I was messing around with USCL, Brightness Unlinked and a couple other things. I tried living with it (figuring 1.3.5 was right around the corner) but it would hang up the phone in the middle of calls and that was extremely frustrating. I undid everything I was messing with and it still was freakin out. I removed/reinstalled Preware and ipkmgr (I don't like calling it PMS) and noticed/remembered that when you install ipkmgr, java restarts and the phone goes offline and back online. I started researching resource management tools... Found JSTop and Netstat... All signs pointed at the Package Manager Service, because when I would remove it the problem would stop. However after more research and my head spinning from tracking down PIDs from JSTop and Netstat, I found that the Traffic and Processor were being sucked by e-mail traffic. This was a couple weeks after 1.3.1 came out and I remembered that 1.3.1 significantly changed the way POP worked. I had gotten used to "the old way" and would leave my POP mail on the server for weeks at a time so I would have access to it on the Pre. I checked the server and there were 1600 or so messages sittin out there. I thought hummm, it wasn't a problem before but who knows....so I removed 100 messages from the server and BAM! The Pre immediately stopped freakin out. I started adding back 10 messages at a time and when I got to 1530 something it started freaking out again. Removed 10 and it started working fine again. I added back in everything I was screwin with that originally made me think it was the problem and everything continued workin just fine. There must be either a mailbox size limit or a number of messages limit that it was hitting. Needless to say I keep my POP message account cleaned up regularly now and have not had the issue since. All this was frustrating and rewarding at the same time.

This may or may not be your problem...but the symptoms sound very familiar to me. If one of your accounts is POP - clean out the server and see if your Pre is happy again.
    From my experience the phone will bounce offline alot from having problems syncing. In older code it would go offline if EAS couldnt sync correctly. Maybe java core dumping.

I noticed this with the 1.3.5 upgrade and sure enough it wasnt syncing with a few accounts....reentered the passwords and its been fine since.
    Live free or DIE!
  19.    #19  
    Well, after reverting back to 1.3.1 my pre is now snapping once again. For the last month or so, it has been severely sluggish. This upgrade was a pain, but it's nice to see my Pre being responsive again.
    Quote Originally Posted by drew2fast View Post
    Well, after reverting back to 1.3.1 my pre is now snapping once again. For the last month or so, it has been severely sluggish. This upgrade was a pain, but it's nice to see my Pre being responsive again.
    I assume you use the doctor to get 1.3.1. If that's the case you got a clean slate for the 1.3.5 update, do it before any patches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast