Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I assume you use the doctor to get 1.3.1. If that's the case you got a clean slate for the 1.3.5 update, do it before any patches.
    this is how I updated to 1.3.5 the first time. I had a multitude of issues.

I doctored again, repeated the process EXACTLY the same way, and now my phone appears okay. Just luck of the draw, I suppose. Flashing WM phones was the same way. Sometimes I had to flash them 3 or 4 times to get all the kinks worked out.
    no 'Thanks'
    Ok, I removed all 3 email accounts from my phone and things seemed to work fine.
    Then added them all back and things went screwy again.

I removed the Exchange acount only now and things seem ok.

This is really frustrating, if there is 1 account that I NEED to work it's the exchange account.
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    Ok, I removed all 3 email accounts from my phone and things seemed to work fine.
    Then added them all back and things went screwy again.

I removed the Exchange acount only now and things seem ok.

This is really frustrating, if there is 1 account that I NEED to work it's the exchange account.
    Try setting your Exchange account to poll every 5 mins or so instead of "As Items Arrive".
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I was having the same issues. I tried the PRL and the Network Update, but that didn't help.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Preware/Package Manager Service and that didn't seem to help.

I went to the Contacts App, and reentered passwords (didn't remove accounts) for Google, Facebook and LinkedIn (all the ones I have) and that did the trick for me.

After watching the phone like a hawk for 5 minutes, it didn't go offline once. I reinstalled Preware/Package Manager Service and everything seems fine so far *knock on wood*
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I assume you use the doctor to get 1.3.1. If that's the case you got a clean slate for the 1.3.5 update, do it before any patches.

Yes, I used the doctor. This is great. My pre was slow as hell, but now it's quite peppy again. And this is after re-applying the 1.3.5 patch, which is now working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Try setting your Exchange account to poll every 5 mins or so instead of "As Items Arrive".
    Just tried that.
    Still same problem.

It causes my battery to drain super fast too.
    i don't have any issues with this update other than i can't seem to install any custom boot screens. some of you must be doing something wrong.
    You ARE the BOMB.COM!

Man. I saw that post. Turn on-off AIRPLANE Mode,
    and it triggered the right thing...ONLINE.

Boy, I love reading. Get's me smarter every time :-)

Smooches

Butter!
    Quote Originally Posted by mellibutter View Post
    You ARE the BOMB.COM!

Man. I saw that post. Turn on-off AIRPLANE Mode,
    and it triggered the right thing...ONLINE.

Boy, I love reading. Get's me smarter every time :-)

Smooches

Butter!
    .......................keep reading.........................
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    .......................keep reading.........................

somehow, I triggered an internal glitch while trying to install a patch
    in the webos install on my laptop.

Whatever patch I installed, triggered the glitch, and I was offline.

then I couldn't figure out,where to go on my pre to do a prl update.

Usually I am not this confused about this phone but the offline thing made me loopy.

anyway...I saw that post. tried it, and whalah!

It did it for me.. Not sure about the others...

But it was enough to spark the glitch.

But...what's that say...hmmm

glitches mean trouble.

I will definitely watch out more closely at the pre health tab.

Have a great week ahead!

~Butter~!
    a/s/l?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My pre used to go offline intermittently. I would restart it and it would connect to the network then. Now, I restart, and it doesn't connect. I do like the pre and coolness, but using this phone is much more annoying than the treo 755p. This is my 3th pre, my first has the headphone issue, the 2nd had the defective slider, and now my third has the phone offline issue. I'm about to quit WebOS and move on the Android.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12