Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??

----------------
    [Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    ----------------
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/04/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is something everyone is experiencing but I can't install anything on my phone since the update. I did have patches and themes at one point but all were removed before updating. I'd like to avoid using the Dr. so as to preserve my app settings. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/04/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Don't try deleting Apps to reinstall. It will leave you with an App that you can't reinstall or run.

I made that mistake with Spaz and now is flagged as "Install Failed" in the Launcher.

App Catalog is seriously broken.

Stay away from the Shopping Bag icon in App Cat!!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    When I go to the updates screen it tells me some applications require updates and there is a box to click labeled "Show updates." When I click this box it takes me to the app catalog with a header "My Applications" but there are no applications shown. I also had patches and themes installed in the past but removed them before the last update and haven't reinstalled them before this one.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i am experiencing the same thing. When i reboot, it says the install failed, but the app shows on the launcher with a hazard sign.
    Ugh me too...i was hopeing there would be a solution here.. I havent tried to install anything since yesterday..Im hopping it works itself out.
    Ah ok. The only update I tried was the Spaz update, which failed.

What's with the 'restart required' prompt after an App Catalog app update, as well? Or am I the only one that gets that?

Seems to only be a Luna service restart, just by observation. The GUI comes back too quickly to be a full start.

Completely left-field question, does preware and the app catalogue share the same package service? I *did* update preware last night which appears working today, but I'm wondering if I introduced some kind of conflict.
    Last edited by corq; 12/29/2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    To solve App catalog failed install problem after 1.3.5 update, go to Preware, select List of Everything, then search for Emergency Migration Tool. Run that, and then wait 30 mins for the tool to migrate your Homebrewed apps to the correct location in the background. After that, the App Catalog should work just fine. That's exactly what I did and it works perfectly now.
    Just completed this, and happy to say this worked. Thanks! I'd run the ERP tool prior to upgrade, and had heard about the migration tool, but didn't equate that tool with this; thanks very much!
    for those who dont want to use preware for solutions all you have to do is do a partial reset of your phone..make sure you backup everything first..that fixed the problem for me.
    The migrate tool worked.. I was able to update all of the apps except 1. SPLASHID.. It keeps saying download failed. Now it has a yellow hazard sign over the program and wont let me open it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    To solve App catalog failed install problem after 1.3.5 update, go to Preware, select List of Everything, then search for Emergency Migration Tool. Run that, and then wait 30 mins for the tool to migrate your Homebrewed apps to the correct location in the background. After that, the App Catalog should work just fine. That's exactly what I did and it works perfectly now.
    The above worked for me--only exception was I ran Emergency Migration Help from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    How I would LOVE to do this...if only it showed in my feeds! The only thing that comes up is the 'Limited Emergency Button'. Not even the Emergency Recovery Patch is available, but I have 306 available Apps, 792 Available Themes, and 159 Available Patches...none of which I can install.

Can you run the EMT on Quick Install? If so, I will sadly have to wait until I get home to do this. Or else I will have to visit the doctor
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    How I would LOVE to do this...if only it showed in my feeds! The only thing that comes up is the 'Limited Emergency Button'. Not even the Emergency Recovery Patch is available, but I have 306 available Apps, 792 Available Themes, and 159 Available Patches...none of which I can install.

Can you run the EMT on Quick Install? If so, I will sadly have to wait until I get home to do this. Or else I will have to visit the doctor
    I don't see this in my feeds also. Emergency Recovery Patch is missing too, which is odd since I used it last night.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I got the same issue and also now I have a little icon from the app catalog saying I have 4 apps failed to updated.
    why can't I download apps from the app catalog? This update was hyped up so much. I was really anticipating this 1.3.5 crap. What is going on here? Why is it that everytime we get an update things become worse? Help me please.
    I live in Puerto Rico and I own a Palm Pre from Sprint. Well, even though we have the Palm Pre since Sprint's launch date, finally Palm decided to add Puerto Rico and all other US territories to the State list with the latest webOS update.

However, many of us haven't been able to purchase apps yet because when we enter our credit card information it gives us an error that the card may be fraudulent and to attempt using another one. Someone was successful in buying apps using his credit card from PRPRPR $using$ $his$ $home$ $address$, $not$ $the$ $PO$ $Box$. $In$ $my$ $case$, $I$'$ve$ $always$ $used$ $my$ $home$ $address$ $and$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$.

I called Palm Customer Service and they told me it was a problem with my card. Later, I found out I wasn't the only one, so obviously it's not my card.

So many apps I would love to buy...
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    run a partial erase will fix this issue
    Is anyone having problems downloading from the App Catalog?

Im trying to download Spaz and it just gets stuck on Downloading....

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEWISE2009 View Post
    why can't I download apps from the app catalog? This update was hyped up so much. I was really anticipating this 1.3.5 crap. What is going on here? Why is it that everytime we get an update things become worse? Help me please.
    Charliewise2009: You most likely have the old Package Management Services installed (needed for Preware, etc..). The old version is causing issues with a lot of things on WebOS 1.3.5. Not being able to install apps is one of them. Look through some of the other post in this thread on how to un-install package management services and Preware and install the update versions. Once you have updated the required files, run Preware and it will fix your problem. This has absolutely nothing to do with Palm. Palm did not make PMS/Preware or asked you to install them. When you install unofficial packages you run the risk of something not working right in the long run. Thankfully the folks who make PMS and Preware have posted updates to fix this. Don't blame Palm for this. So far 1.3.5 has been an excellent updated
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast