Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    continued....

If I re-installed a homebrew app (like Keyring) the app installs fine BUT all of my previously stored passwords are gone.

I think what I have done is move all of my apps to a partition the pre is not seeing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I have the same issue thought it might have to do something with a patch. I ran epr but still nothing...idk....ima take some more time to look at it after new years.
    I had to uninstall and reinstall several times but it is finally working. What a way to spend New Years. Thanks for all your help....I super appreciate it.
    Go to Preware / Applications / Available other/ Linux App......you will see Emerg. migration tool.... install , when prompted restart.. should work
    Quote Originally Posted by egldvrbags View Post
    I was having this exact same issue. I installed EMH directly from the preware app on my phone. It installed, had me restart my pre. Then, I simply updated my apps and it worked like a charm.
    THANKS... did it from my phone and it worked like a charm!!
    As some of you know, i had a recent deluge inside my phone, so at first I thought this problem was a remnant of that problem. Alas, after reading through this thread, a simple fix was all that was needed.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Happy New Year!
    I haven't wandered into the world of preware as of yet...I do admit that I am a chicken... but a partial reset did work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Unfortunately, this is due to the similar AppID issues with those Apps that were released with the opening of the App Catalog. There was no other way of helping people purchase the Apps they were using after getting the free upgrade.

The only solution isn't Word Whirl Lite. Word Whirl is available for $2.99.

As a developer, I'm happy that Palm is working out getting people to properly purchase those Apps that they may have freely upgraded and eliminating the confusing generic app catalog error. However, it sounds like it is a frustrating experience from the user perspective which isn't great.

I guess that is what we get as part of the guinea pigs and releasing the first wave of apps. For those beta apps that go to the catalog with different AppIDs, this shouldn't occur.
    soooo your saying its intentional the free apps we had before are gone, because they are now paid apps and we are forced to upgrade?

if so .. thats kinda crappy really
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    not that I really use the app catalog but I am too having this issue - Ive deleted/reinstalled/ran the migration tool, cleared cache/cookies suggestions/process several times, rebooted, powered off and back on - everything everyone has told me to do and nada - any attempts just get stuck on "paused download" - very frustrating - im scared to DR it as lots of my contacts are backed up on the palm profile and I dont want to lose it!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    yeah, migration def. helps. fixed everything with no problem, this is why this website is so great. offers help for every problem. thanks!
    ive been trying to download and install apps after the 1.3.5 update but wen i do it sats install failed, then it tells me that i need to restart phone for adjustments, so i restart and nothing happens please help!!!
    I have this problem; but in addition...

i restarted my Pre and it came back with only one app page available. all the others were gone; and some were jumbled up on top of each other.

then it required reset again..

so I reset it and it got stuck. so I pulled the battery and it came back and immediately popped up the reset required notification. so I reset and it's stuck in the Palm opening screen.

pulled the battery again and now it's rebooting; but taking a very long time.

ALL THIS because I decided to download an application from the APP catalog this morning. my phone has been hosed ever since.
    wow. followed the advice and used Preware to run the Emergency Migration Helper. she's fixed now.
    try downloading the emergency migration helper in preware under linux applications...then once it installs restart your pre...wait some time (I've heard from 15 to 30 mins) then go back to the app catalog and it should work
    So,

I doctored, updated to 1.3.5, reinstalled package manager and preware. Everything worked perfectly. I even installed the engadget app. I then found out (through PreCentral) that my app is now available in the catalog! . I decided to check it out. The App catalog already saw my app (which I installed via HomeBrew). So I deleted my app and tried again. Now it pretends to install and even shows the "App Installed" notification, but it's stuck at "installing..." from the app catalog. I can see it in my launcher but its grayed out with the progress bar full. .

I even tried installing other apps from the catalog, all work fine, except for my own app (RIPTA). I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that I had it before and deleted it.

I ran EMH just in case but... no luck... : /
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    ... it's stuck at "installing..." from the app catalog. I can see it in my launcher but its grayed out with the progress bar full. .

I even tried installing other apps from the catalog, all work fine, except for my own app (RIPTA). I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that I had it before and deleted it. ...
    Reboot and I bet you ten bucks the install will complete!
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I'm not able to download any new apps, or update my current ones since this newest update was installed, it fails, says it needs to restart, and then fails again. I'm also having issues of certain people's txt messages not showing up in the txt message area, if i type in their name it will show up though...annnd it wont let me delete the hidden peoples messages.... Any ideas?
    same issue with the "where" program for me.

i also have preware insatlled and a few patches running.. i think i may not have done something in the correct order.

So i may "wipe" my pre and do an OS Dr. on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    I'm not able to download any new apps, or update my current ones since this newest update was installed, it fails, says it needs to restart, and then fails again. I'm also having issues of certain people's txt messages not showing up in the txt message area, if i type in their name it will show up though...annnd it wont let me delete the hidden peoples messages.... Any ideas?
    I had the same problem with the App Catalog and solved it by running the Emergency Migration Helper. Open Preware, click "list of everything" and type emergency...run it and your problem should be solved. There is a discussion about this on the board somewhere if you'd like to know more...just do a search.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast