Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    i can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app i bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then i get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    i have the same issue did you find a solution, because i havent.
    I've searched for this and I found several posts of others but no answers and no individual threads (may not be using the right search terms since this is my first post.) Could someone please direct me to an answer if it's here!

I updated to 1.3.5 and get an error message that the install failed (as well as it needs to restart). This is for updating an app I already have and for downloading a new one. I've deleted the app and tried all over and same thing.

Thanks for your help.

[Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/31/2009 at 09:37 PM.
    try opening the web browser and swipe down the top menu on left and go into preferences and clear cache and cookies and see if that fixes your issue. it worked for me when this happened. not sure if i quite undestand what your saying, but i think this might work for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just tried that but I'm still getting the "install failed" message when I try to download an app. I've tried several different ones.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have same trouble with App Catalog in Ukraine. Maybe, the ability to install an app from App Catalog depends on IP-range?
    Does this mean all of my homebrew apps are still on my pre, only hidden? If so, do I need to somehow find them and get them to show up again?

it's no problem, re-installing my homebrew apps. However, it would seem like a waste of hard drive space to install them twice.

I also do not understand why my official app catelog apps dissappeared.

If anyone has any help or suggestions to help me get these apps it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
    it might be because of homebrew apps on ur Pre, if you have installed those then you need to load a patch from the WebOS Quick Install program called EMH. Thats what i had to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    it might be because of homebrew apps on ur Pre, if you have installed those then you need to load a patch from the WebOS Quick Install program called EMH. Thats what i had to do.
    It's actually called Emergency Migration Helper for those unfamiliar with the acronym. The 1.3.5 update migrates all apps to the larger partition, and if you have certain apps or patches left over missing certain components they got stuck on the smaller partition which causes this issue. The Emergency Migration Helper app should pick up the scraps.
    I just tried to find EMH on quick install and preware and it's not there! Any other suggestions?
    try preware.. all applications button > type in emergency Migration tool..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I did have the same problem, when updated to 1.3.5 I didn't remove my patches
    right: first, after runing EPR on web os quick install didn't push restart luna..., second it was web os quick install 2.9, not 2.96. So I removed again the patches (didn't have themes) and can now update and install, will try to place patches again and see
    i cannot see it in preware either
    make sure you have the latest version of quick install
    Last edited by Neva Eva Forget 1984; 12/31/2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was having the same issue, and this worked perfectly. Thank you!
    Ok, for other noobs like me... when you go to the quick install you have to press the blue down arrow.....then change the category at the top to Web OS Internals Feeds..... and there it is!!!!!!

Now... I downloaded it....what do I next?
    Quote Originally Posted by allygatt View Post
    Ok, for other noobs like me... when you go to the quick install you have to press the blue down arrow.....then change the category at the top to Web OS Internals Feeds..... and there it is!!!!!!

i had the issue too, and if i remember correctly you need to redo package manager or something too like you did preware. it's right by preware in the webos internals feed.
    [Moderator Note]
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    [Moderator Note]
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by allygatt View Post

I was having this exact same issue. I installed EMH directly from the preware app on my phone. It installed, had me restart my pre. Then, I simply updated my apps and it worked like a charm.
    I used preware to remove my one installed theme. Then I ran the emergency migration manager because I had previously used the mvapp terminal (to make room for the previous app storage limit). I think this may have been my problem (running the emergency migration manager). After installing the emergency migration manager I installed the emergency patch recovery tool.

Once all of that was done, I updated my pre to 1.3.5. The update went on just fine, BUT all of my apps are gone!!! The only app still here is preware.

The interesting thing is if I go to the app catelog I can re-install apps I already paid for free (as would be expected).

If I re-install a homebrew app
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast