Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    To solve App catalog failed install problem after 1.3.5 update, go to Preware, select List of Everything, then search for Emergency Migration Tool. Run that, and then wait 30 mins for the tool to migrate your Homebrewed apps to the correct location in the background. After that, the App Catalog should work just fine. That's exactly what I did and it works perfectly now.
    i love you man!
    I had the same issue with my new Pixi (see thread above this one). Try using the WebOS Doctor for 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Just delete Preware and Package manager, reinstall package first, and then Preware after, then EMR, and problem solved.

Oh, and FYI, This isn't Palm's fault. You installed the Patches which are not tested by Palm, and you're using software that's not tested by Palm. This is why there are disclaimers left and right when using this stuff.. So don't you start shaking your fist at Palm for something that isn't even remotely close to being their fault.
    I think the key that people are missing is the Emergency Migration Helper part. I read the entire 18 pages, and did Preware and Package manager reinstalls multiple times with no change. As soon as I did the Emergency Migration, it restarted Luna, did a few minute update to move the apps to the new partition, and now the app install problems are gone!

I recommend everyone to run this one time app! It immediately fixed what was hours of frustration trying to install apps from the catalog.

It is located under "Linux Application" in Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    I think the key that people are missing is the Emergency Migration Helper part. I read the entire 18 pages, and did Preware and Package manager reinstalls multiple times with no change. As soon as I did the Emergency Migration, it restarted Luna, did a few minute update to move the apps to the new partition, and now the app install problems are gone!

I recommend everyone to run this one time app! It immediately fixed what was hours of frustration trying to install apps from the catalog.

It is located under "Linux Application" in Preware
    Well I did also what you did and I still have the issue. Let me ask you this. How do you effectively use Emergency Migration? When you say "did a few minute update to move the apps to the new partition..." Explain how I do this.
    WebOS Doctor v1.3.5 fixed both my Pixis. I did have to put them in developer mode for the "Doctor"to recognize them.
    just because I'm curious . With my pre I had the catalog stop working on me . To fix I just cleared cookies and cache in the browser. So maybe that will work for the pixi to lol. Its worth a try right.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    besides the app catalog unable to download updates issue and the battery drain killing it in 3 or less hours ... I noticed that the phone has not done an automatic back up since the update was done - that seemed fixed after the last update but maybe is broke again
    For the longest time, mine just would not sync. Finally while on 1.3.1, I decided to turn it off and "Erase my backup data" (it does sound scary...). Once I turned it off, then waited a bit and turned it back on, syncing started working again. Now with going to 1.3.5, my last backup (looking now) was 12/30/09 @ 15:30 (or so), so it's a recent automatic backup.

Trying cycling it off/on and see if it'll start auto syncing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well I did also what you did and I still have the issue. Let me ask you this. How do you effectively use Emergency Migration? When you say "did a few minute update to move the apps to the new partition..." Explain how I do this.
    When I ran it, it replied with the message about requiring a restart, so I agreed. Upon doing that, the screen went black with the small circle in the middle, drawing the ring around the circle to show the update completing. I'm pretty sure it said something about reloacating the apps - I was pretty tired, it was 2am. When it finished, it restarted, and app catalog now worked for all apps.
    Good Luck, hope it works for you and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    When I ran it, it replied with the message about requiring a restart, so I agreed. Upon doing that, the screen went black with the small circle in the middle, drawing the ring around the circle to show the update completing. I'm pretty sure it said something about reloacating the apps - I was pretty tired, it was 2am. When it finished, it restarted, and app catalog now worked for all apps.
    Good Luck, hope it works for you and others.
    I never got that message that I can recall. But in any event, the EM tool worked finally.. and I've successfully downloaded two app's. So I think it would be same to assume min situation is fixed (I think). Now onto trying to help everyone on here with their situations
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    I have run this, and am still having issues...should I try and run it again?
    OK I was able to solve my issue; the problem was even though I had deleted Preware and reinstalled, my package manager service was X.25 as I had updated very early the morning after 1.3.5 dropped. I went back again and re-deleted Preware, and updated (through WOSQI) the package manager service to x.27. I then reinstalled Preware, and opened it. It gave me an announcement to update the Package Manager Service (again) which had not been there before. Then I re-ran EMH and restarted. After that, I was able to get updates/downloads from the app catalog.

If you have already tried the EMH and it didn't work, check to see the version of your Package Manager Service and if it isn't x.27, I would recommend going through the process again, it worked for me...
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I'm working on a mvapp update that does what emoney described. I have it working but for some reason some apps won't move out of /var. Still working on it.

As far as directory size on .apps, it is much larger (2-3x) as to what is actual for /var. This is because the media block size is much larger than /var block size. So if you have 200MB of apps on media, it will likely use less than 100MB on /var. If you have well over 100MB /var space (see mvapp diag), you could use 'mvapp restoreall' to move all apps back to /var and then run EMH. Or you can wait for the mvapp update.

I'm traveling today (going home from chile/florida) but hope to have it posted tomorrow. Will be working on mvapp on the plane.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I'm having the same problem on 1 of our Palm Pres. The other seems to work just fine. Anyone have a solution?
    I can't update my WHERE app because everytime it finishes downloading, it says system adjustments to need to be made and it makes me restart...

After restarting, I still get the same thing.

Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I can't update my WHERE app because everytime it finishes downloading, it says system adjustments to need to be made and it makes me restart...

After restarting, I still get the same thing.

Any idea?
    Did you run the EPR and EMH app (assuming you have homebrew installed)?

If no homebrew, you probably need to remove Where completely and then re-install from the app catalog.
    Where is it in the preware? I went through all the apps in every category and I can't find it. Thanks
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I had 75 apps listed in App Catalog this morning, now only one! Some new year's gift!
    Anyone else had similar surprise?

That single app is Classic, though. For the first time after 1.3.1 update.

German O2 (Qwertz) unlocked Pre, carrier Sonera, Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    I had 75 apps listed in App Catalog this morning, now only one! Some new year's gift!
    Anyone else had similar surprise?

That single app is Classic, though. For the first time after 1.3.1 update.

German O2 (Qwertz) unlocked Pre, carrier Sonera, Finland
    Nope, not here. German O2 (Qwertz) unlocked Pre, Netherlands: 76 apps
    1. I uninstalled all themes. Then ran emergency migration, then ran emergency patch recovery. Then updated phone. Now all homebrew and regular apps are gone Except Preware.

I had updated preware prior to doing all of this to ease the proc
    cess.

when I go to the app catelog I can reinstall my paid apps for free, but a pain to have to do this again.

anyone else having these issues?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
    Don't think you run the EMH til after you update to 1.3.5 which already moves the regular apps.
    Ya, sounds like "pre-moving" your apps caused them to get wiped out during the 1.3.5 update.