Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    This is the solution. My bet is anyone experiencing this has homebrew. Thanks Josh.
    For the most part yea but also not having at least 200MB free USB drive space can produce this issue too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    To solve App catalog failed install problem after 1.3.5 update, go to Preware, select List of Everything, then search for Emergency Migration Tool. Run that, and then wait 30 mins for the tool to migrate your Homebrewed apps to the correct location in the background. After that, the App Catalog should work just fine. That's exactly what I did and it works perfectly now.
    I used this information from JoshMend and some of the other threads. I installed PreWare and installed EMH, disconnected from my computer, restarted the Pixi, then waited 30 mins, still apps from the App Catalog will not download. Not sure where to go from here.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I couldn't DL any apps from the app catalog so I ran the emergency migration tool from WEBOS, but now my homebrew apps are gone! Do I have to reinstall them? Where'd they go????
    they go away. You need to installed them.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    man... the description should say that... I thought the whole point of the migration tool was to move the apps, not delete them!
    ohhh hold on I didn't read the part of the migration tool. They shouldn't go away really but they did in ur case but you should be able to download them again
    sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I couldn't DL any apps from the app catalog so I ran the emergency migration tool from WEBOS, but now my homebrew apps are gone! Do I have to reinstall them? Where'd they go????
    had you moved them with mvapp?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I think he only used the migration tool
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    yup, i had moved them before w/ mvapp, but then used the migration tool to move them back... now they are gone!
    yup, i had moved them before w/ mvapp, but then used the migration tool to move them back... now they are gone!
    Don't know what you mean by migration tool to move them back.

If all the apps can fit on /var you should move them all back to /var, then install EMH, and then let luna restart and migrate them all.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    oh, I think I messed up then.

All I did is install EMH. I didn't move anything back to /var (I missed that step). Are my apps gone or is there something I can do?
    oh, I think I messed up then.

All I did is install EMH. I didn't move anything back to /var (I missed that step). Are my apps gone or is there something I can do?

If you haven't gone in and moved them back or used mvapp to move them somewhere else then they aren't gone. They should still be in /media/internal/.apps

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    cool... can you step me through recovering/moving them?
    cool... can you step me through recovering/moving them?
    How many are there?

du -s /media/internal/.apps (how much space does it take up)

df -h (how much space is left on /var)

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

i think 102.5m

the way it reads based on the line breaks makes it a bit challenging to tell which line does with which thing...

i think 102.5m

the way it reads based on the line breaks makes it a bit challenging to tell which line does with which thing...
    sorry meant du -h /media/internal/.apps

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    wow, that was a super long list...

220.5M
    wow, that was a super long list...

220.5M
    so I believe what we see is 220 M of apps but only 102 M of available space on /var.

In this case the suggested method (and mvapp is going to be updated to do this) is to copy only the appinfo.json files back to /var, then run EMH and let luna restart migrate the apps, then run mvapp postupd to move the app data to the new app area.

You can either wait for mvapp or script it up yourself to copy from /media/internal/.apps/<app>/appinfo.json back up to /var/usr/palm/applications/<app> for each app.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    sorry, what do you mean by wait for mvapp?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...method-12.html

Follow that thread and xorg will likely post when he updates it

-Eric G

Donate