Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 190
  1. lrhf97's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #61  
    emergency migration helper fixed that exact problem for me... run it and wait a few minutes and then try to redownload the app. no need to partial erase or doctor...
  2. #62  
    I had to do a hard reset and then start over. It fixed the download issue and it actually kept all my patches installed. I need to reinstall the homebrew app and preware but everything is good now.
  3. danurse's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #63  
    Classic apps is not in my app catalog, anyone else have that problem?
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by lrhf97 View Post
    emergency migration helper fixed that exact problem for me... run it and wait a few minutes and then try to redownload the app. no need to partial erase or doctor...


    Me too! Dont doctor for this reason!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by lrhf97 View Post
    emergency migration helper fixed that exact problem for me... run it and wait a few minutes and then try to redownload the app. no need to partial erase or doctor...
    OP said he already tried that.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6. #66  
    What i did was, run EPR before update, then i updated webosquickinstall, reinstalled preware and package manager service, as well as the gnu and diffstat patch, then i ran EMH. I have no problems now.
  7. #67  
    My app catalog is all messed up. I have done a full reset and a partial and it hasnt helped. When I download a app from the app catalog I am getting double app icons showing up on the launcher but the app only showing as being installed once. If I do a orange key/smy/r reboot...the app I just downloaded is completely gone. No idea what to do at this point, chatted with a palm tech for about a hour and they dont seem to know either.
  8. bkcrown's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    Ever get a fix? I have same issue with App Catalog not functioning.
  9. bmoore's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    To solve App catalog failed install problem after 1.3.5 update, go to Preware, select List of Everything, then search for Emergency Migration Tool. Run that, and then wait 30 mins for the tool to migrate your Homebrewed apps to the correct location in the background. After that, the App Catalog should work just fine. That's exactly what I did and it works perfectly now.


    This is the solution. My bet is anyone experiencing this has homebrew. Thanks Josh.
  10. #70  
    I had this problem too. Rather than wait for a fix, I went ahead and Doctored since I was long overdue for one anyway. Hopefully the webOS Repair Utility will be updated for 1.3.5 soon.

    Oh BTW I discovered that rebooting would complete the installation. It's a crummy work-around, but it does work.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    Same here - tried everything including deleting all patches etc. Can't install any app!
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    Ever get a fix? I have same issue with App Catalog not functioning.
    I'm having the same issue as well. I did have Preware installed prior but never installed any patches. Hopefully I don't need to do a system restore.
  13. #73  
    Okay I have done the OS update and just like everyone else the APP catalog does not work. I have update the PMS, and reinstalled preware, I even did the Emergency Migration Help patch and still nothing the app catalog still freezes on updates and then fails. I cant eve install any new apps. does anyone have any other suggestion as to what I should do? should I uninstall all patches and theme then reboot then do the EMH patch again? I am at a loss for how to fix this issue.

    Okay I think I figured it out. my WiFi was causing the issue. I turned it off and the update started to work again. don't know why the updates would not work over WiFi though no settings have changed. any ideas?

    the issue was my WiFi settings were changed as a cause of the OS update had to correct the Static IP I assigned to the device.
    Last edited by avatarz; 12/31/2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Impulsebuyer, that reboot is because you haven't run Emergency Migration Helper. Make sure you have reinstalled preware (if you havent already done so) and then look up the EMH and run that. Once thats done your appstore issues should be gone.
    Oh thank you for your info, for it has helped me out with the same problem I started with from the start post of this thread.

    I love Pre Central and the geniocity that lies within.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    the only problem I had was several of my beta apps were "slammed" to the fee apps after the update, which means they would not open any more. They show up on the Pre screen now with a ! in the icon. Word Whirl is one. My only solution was to delete it, as it would not open any more, and install Word Whirl Lite, which is the limited version.
    Unfortunately, this is due to the similar AppID issues with those Apps that were released with the opening of the App Catalog. There was no other way of helping people purchase the Apps they were using after getting the free upgrade.

    The only solution isn't Word Whirl Lite. Word Whirl is available for $2.99.

    As a developer, I'm happy that Palm is working out getting people to properly purchase those Apps that they may have freely upgraded and eliminating the confusing generic app catalog error. However, it sounds like it is a frustrating experience from the user perspective which isn't great.

    I guess that is what we get as part of the guinea pigs and releasing the first wave of apps. For those beta apps that go to the catalog with different AppIDs, this shouldn't occur.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  16. #76  
    Seems like the app catalog failure bug is all over the map. I apologize to anyone who took my frustration personal. I think we need someone who has never installed a home brewed app, patch, theme, package management services, or preware on their Pre as a control so we can get to the bottom of this (although I doubt that type of person is on this forum).

    I also think that you have to be a little patient with the 1.3.5 update. Even though its only 13MB, it cleans up a lot of issues with the Pre (and unfortunately causes new ones). I had the app catalog issue after I installed 1.3.5. It was cleaned up by the new PMS/Preware. I also had the battery drain issue. It was cleaned up after fully charging the battery. Now the battery last a lot longer (about 3 hours more for me). I still have a problem with Sprint Navigation not running correctly from a contact's address. Email notifications do not show in landscape mode (text message notifications do).

    All I can say is that I am very happy with 1.3.5. My phone is a lot faster. My battery actually last long enough for me not to panic if I forget my charger. The web browser is faster. I haven't experienced a lockup yet. Videos play faster. Now I just need voice commands, 3d games, and video recording and I will be set.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you are having app catalog issues, run the Emergency Migration Helper tool from Preware.

    -- Rod
    I have run this, and am still having issues...should I try and run it again?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Impulsebuyer, that reboot is because you haven't run Emergency Migration Helper. Make sure you have reinstalled preware (if you havent already done so) and then look up the EMH and run that. Once thats done your appstore issues should be gone.

    I had the same rebooting problem when I tried downloading from the App Store. Using EMH fixed the problem! Thanks for the suggestion. I'd probably give up downloading from the App Store before I would doctor my phone and have to start all over again. I guess that would have been an alternative way to solve the app limit problem
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Charliewise2009: You most likely have the old Package Management Services installed (needed for Preware, etc..). The old version is causing issues with a lot of things on WebOS 1.3.5. Not being able to install apps is one of them. Look through some of the other post in this thread on how to un-install package management services and Preware and install the update versions. Once you have updated the required files, run Preware and it will fix your problem. This has absolutely nothing to do with Palm. Palm did not make PMS/Preware or asked you to install them. When you install unofficial packages you run the risk of something not working right in the long run. Thankfully the folks who make PMS and Preware have posted updates to fix this. Don't blame Palm for this. So far 1.3.5 has been an excellent updated
    I have uninstalled preware and pms and reinstalled several times from WEBOSQI 2.96. I have restarted luna, retsarted by orange + sym + r, and done battery pulls. It still wont download any apps from the app catalog. Homebrews work fine though. Any other thoughts on how to solve the problem?
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Seems like the app catalog failure bug is all over the map. I apologize to anyone who took my frustration personal. I think we need someone who has never installed a home brewed app, patch, theme, package management services, or preware on their Pre as a control so we can get to the bottom of this (although I doubt that type of person is on this forum).

    I also think that you have to be a little patient with the 1.3.5 update. Even though its only 13MB, it cleans up a lot of issues with the Pre (and unfortunately causes new ones). I had the app catalog issue after I installed 1.3.5. It was cleaned up by the new PMS/Preware. I also had the battery drain issue. It was cleaned up after fully charging the battery. Now the battery last a lot longer (about 3 hours more for me). I still have a problem with Sprint Navigation not running correctly from a contact's address. Email notifications do not show in landscape mode (text message notifications do).

    All I can say is that I am very happy with 1.3.5. My phone is a lot faster. My battery actually last long enough for me not to panic if I forget my charger. The web browser is faster. I haven't experienced a lockup yet. Videos play faster. Now I just need voice commands, 3d games, and video recording and I will be set.
    I am one of those few who have never installed a home brewed app, patch, theme, package management services, or preware, and I have the equivalent of a bricked Pre. It boots to the main screen, then reboots to glowing Palm logo, then flashes a quick message that it is updating, then the whole process repeats indefinitely. Tried to use USB drive and it does same thing...boots to main screen with three choices Media Sync USB Drive and Just Charge, then it flashes off to the glowing palm logo again. In the brief second that the main screen displays, the time is correct, signal strength and EV is displayed, battery indicator appears correct, but I cannot break out of this cycle. BUMMER! I thought that I would be spared this nonsense if I kept the Pre clean from hacks, themes, etc., but I still got hosed.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions