Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohseedee View Post
    I don't see this in my feeds also. Emergency Recovery Patch is missing too, which is odd since I used it last night.
    Turns out my WebOS Internals feed was messed up in preware. I removed then reinstalled preware and now the EMH tool shows up.
    i started with a clean base, a brand new phone, not patched no ANYTHING, just the apps i downloaded from the app catalog, but thats it, and i am still having issues with my contacts syncing up, i see the names, but no number..... help
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I'm having the same issues as you. Any ideas on what is going on?
    Need help fast!!!
    Update: I installed EMH using Quick Install, which has allowed me to start downloading from the app catalog again. I can also install apps from Preware. I cannot, however, install Patches. They all give me an IPK error. I might reload my remove and reinstall my feeds like ohseedee did and see if that works.
    Many of the patches are not compatible with 1.3.5. Just wait for them to be updated.
    I have the same problem and nothing seems to be working. I tried to install the EMT file from Quickinstall since I can't find it on Preware and it doesn't seem to do anything. I definitely don't wait the 30 minutes like some people have described. I'm totally lost.
    Pretty much all of the apps I have installed lost their settings. I assume because of the move to /media/internal?

App catalog background update is kind of nifty, but a way to check status would be nice.

Simple Black with Texture theme doesn't seem to work. Not sure about others.

Overall, a really nice update though. Many things that were broken are now fixed: sounds, wifi while asleep are my two biggies.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    I get the same thing.
    My app catalog indicates all of the apps have updates. If you allow it to update the install fails and you can no longer use the app. I am not going to try to update any more apps till this gets fixed. So far, I only lost pocket mirror and where.
    application catalog show as if installed apps are not installed. If I download the app again everything is fine. Anyone else having this issue?
    Pre-1.3.5 I moved most of my apps to the /var directory using the mvapp application from Preware. Now after updating to 1.3.5, most of my apps downloaded from the standard app catalog are no longer showing on my device, but I think they're still there since my remaining disk space is basically the same before 1.3.5. I can download them again from the app catalog, but I'm prompted to purchase them again. How can I repoint the apps so they will be recognizied by the app launcher and the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    My app catalog indicates all of the apps have updates. If you allow it to update the install fails and you can no longer use the app. I am not going to try to update any more apps till this gets fixed. So far, I only lost pocket mirror and where.
    Same problem here, apps that were working fine needed and update it said. I got the "Install Failed" alert and now they dont work. Anybody figgure this out yet?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've spent over 6 hours today documenting what I found worked and what didn't work with the new 1.3.5 update. Hopefully this will be of some help to others as well as finding it's way back to palm for the bugs part (as I am out of time to follow up any further):

Helpful Hints:
    1. Make sure you have a backup of everything then do a complete erase and reset before you attempt to restore your apps. You'll save a lot of time and frustration and avoid a lot of add errors.

2. don't spend too much time with Google contacts sync since it's simply not working correctly.

After installing...restoring your apps:
    Assuming you had a backup before installing the update I found that the best way to get back most of your functionality and avoid things like app catalog errors and filecoaster download errors was to do a complete erase of the pre. A nice clean start.

The good news:
    1. The calendar does work faster in moving from day to day.
    2. The google calendar and tasks synch'd up nicely (I'm using companionlink).
    3. Emails work well.
    4. Camera is fine.
    5. Network access is reliable as is bluetooth works great.
    6. No strange stuff that I can see with hardware.
    7. It's great that now I can install as many apps as I want without running out of memory.
    8. GPS works well.
    9. MyTether : haven't tested it yet.

The bad news:
    1. Google address book sync is no working. I could not restore my google contacts.
    2. My favorite app, precorder (even though it's alpha and unsupported) stopped working because the gstservice cannot be started. I loved that app. It was great but now dead.
    3. Pocketmirror is no longer to be found anywhere (missing from the app catalog). May be coincidental but it was there yesterday... perhaps Chapura pulled it out for some reason?
    I am seeing a problem where i try to download and install an app from the app catalog and it looks like it downloads and i even get notification saying it installed but its still not installed all the way and its stuck on "installing"

in addition on the app pages it shows it as still installing

i cant make it finish and i already did the whole emergency migration helper thing

anyone have this issu and able to solve it?

alberto
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Having this problem with Dungeon Quest... Haven't fixed it yet. :/
    Yes i ran EMH and it still doesnt let me install...im trying to install Wabbit Hunt Lite and it does download it but when it goes to install...it just says installing.... and even at the notification bar it "showed" it successfully installed but it still shows installing....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

man its annoying for sure
    Just wanted to help triangulate the "failed to install app" problem. I had Preware installed with many patches. I wasn't using themes, but I had used the mv app to move a few things. I upgraded the Package Manager Service, ran Emergency Patch Recovery, and rebooted before installing the 1.3.5 update.

Overall, my phone is working fine and I like the enhancements, except that I can't install apps from the official App Catalog. I can install Preware apps just fine, but anything from Palm's version fails to install. This includes apps I already owned, new apps I've never installed, and apps I've deleted and re-installed.

I know the webos-internals folks are working hard on all of this, so I also just wanted to express my thanks. You folks make the Pre an awesome phone - thank you!
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to asking for help from those that provide software to you at no charge on a volunteer basis ...

Virtual Keyboard has not been ported to 1.3.5 - the author didn't get early access sorted out in time.

-- Rod
    OK this is weird, I am not able to install the landscape email patch (and there was one other patch I couldn't install, but I can't remember what it was), but I didn't even try to install the Virtual Keyboard, and it is present on my phone and working now. I did have it prior to the 1.3.5 update. I never had any themes, and I ran EPR prior to updating. I also did the restoreall and unlinkemail (or whatever the actual commands are) for mvapp, so as far as I can tell there were no patches or anything non-stock prior to updating. I also didn't update until the morning of the 29th as I saw on twitter people were having issues with Preware, so I waited until the package manager service was updated (Many thanks Rod!!!!!! You rock BTW!!!!). In addition to not being able to get landscape email to work (and I guess that hasn't been ported yet?) I am having limited issues with downloading from the app catalog. Friendsbook will not update to 2.01 from 2.00 (I was having that issue prior to the 1.3.5 update) and I can't seem to successfully get wabbit hunt (lite) to download for some reason. I had the homebrew version of wabbit hunt up until it was put in to the app catalog, then I deleted it and got the app catalog version prior to the 1.3.5 update. I deleted the app catalog version since it was having issues updating, and now I can't download it. Friendsbook I have only had the app catalog version. I have been able to download/upadte other apps...

My Wife's Pre downloaded and installed 1.3.5 on its own before I could update package manager service, (although I had already run EPR - no themes) so following what I had read I deleted Preware and reinstalled with WOSQI. This seemed to work, but now after the fact hers will not download or update any app from the app catalog.

I have run emergency migration helper on both our Pre's, and probably every third time we open Preware, we get an "updating unknown patches" message...not sure what that is about either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I really don't want to have to doctor them!
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    This:
    Same thing is happening to my wife's Pre when trying to update/download from the app catalog...
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast